The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Prediction: By the spring there'll be an In Dreams remaster and by next fall, mattofvengeance will finally get his copy in the mail.

Fall is pushing it. Maybe by next Christmas.

Although, this hasn't come anywhere near what All Shall Perish did to me last winter. My sister bought a hat of theirs for me for Christmas. Tomorrow will mark the first day of December, and it still hasn't arrived. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Why would there be a remaster? Shit sounds enormous and bad ass.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
tobqh the only reason it didnt sound full to me was because the bass was paper-thin and nasally. if they had spiked it up some, it would have been MASSIVE.

after a few spins i can now say i REALLY liked the album in a st. anger way:

great album. but from a band i'm used to something entirely different so it's really weird.

Opeth666

Reaction score
I shall agree after listening to it on my laptops speakers and headphones...it wasn't that well rounded and sounded very thin, but once I put it in my car equipped with a bose system...Holy Cosmos, night and day difference.

NeoTheMaggot

Reaction score
so i gave it a listen. I am really digging the music it's self but the production is a little weak as most have said. i think the production is better than rareform(original) but i feel like it could've been much better, to my ears it lacks thickness and the mix sound very in the front of things, like in my car, i feel like everything in coming from right in front of me and there is nothing coming from behind my ears. i would've loved a little more chaos(less of a definite song structure as in verse, chorus,verse,chorus) like there was in rareform, i loved how it just went everywhere). That being said i still really enjoy this new album. The hoodie is pretty sexy too lol

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
my guitar player will did the vocals on this record hahah will has his dirty little hands in everything haha

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
I still dont have mine either. Im about to go ape shit on merchconnection.

Me too. I want to lead a crusade upon their headquarters, ransack and pillage their stronghold, rape their women, assassinate their employees and let their blood flow through their ruined streets. I'm still a reasonable man, though, and will not turn down store credit. This will most certainly be the last time I postorder an album through them. For what this cost me, I couldve bought it the day it came out and purchased a hoodie when they come through later this month. Granted, it's in fucking Wichita Falls (can't believe it's not in D/FW), and with Texas weather the way it is, it could be snowing it's ass off or 85 and sunny. No one knows.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
...and with Texas weather the way it is, it could be snowing it's ass off or 85 and sunny. No one knows.

You can not be anymore right.:yesway:

TEXAS!!! The state with the bi-polar weather! Don't want to wear your jacket in the afternoon? GOOD!!! Because in the afternoon, it's going to go from low 40s to upper 80s! BUT WAIT! Than at night, we have a 70% chance of rain and thunderstorms, with tornado warnings!

But back to the topic, I think the production on this album is really good, and I know I will be listening to this in the car and when I'm pwning asses at ping-pong:metal:

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
You can not be anymore right.:yesway:

TEXAS!!! The state with the bi-polar weather! Don't want to wear your jacket in the afternoon? GOOD!!! Because in the afternoon, it's going to go from low 40s to upper 80s! BUT WAIT! Than at night, we have a 70% chance of rain and thunderstorms, with tornado warnings!

But back to the topic, I think the production on this album is really good, and I know I will be listening to this in the car and when I'm pwning asses at ping-pong:metal:

Totally. Not only does it change day to day, but it can be dramatically different in a matter of hours. I love Texas because for the most part, it doesn't get too cold. I may find myself in Cali before long, though :)

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Me too. I want to lead a crusade upon their headquarters, ransack and pillage their stronghold, rape their women, assassinate their employees and let their blood flow through their ruined streets. I'm still a reasonable man, though, and will not turn down store credit. This will most certainly be the last time I postorder an album through them. For what this cost me, I couldve bought it the day it came out and purchased a hoodie when they come through later this month. Granted, it's in fucking Wichita Falls (can't believe it's not in D/FW), and with Texas weather the way it is, it could be snowing it's ass off or 85 and sunny. No one knows.

Let's pull a "Number Six" on 'em!

blazingsad.jpg

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score

I'd say especially in To Carry You Away for the breakdown in the middle (the one with the Smells Like Teen Spirit drum fill leading into it), plus the heavy low Eb riff right after, sounds VERY thick, to my ears.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I've still only listened to White thingy (name escapes me, even though I bought the song and have listened to it alot.) and the production on it seems relatively similar to the Rareform re-release, seeing these mixed reviews, I think I'll just stick with what I got.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

Everywhere. Rareform sounded like absolute dog shit. The re-release sounded a lot better, but still nowhere near as good as In Dreams.

I know I'm listening to it on a very nice set of speakers in my car, but it sounds bigger, and better no matter what it's played through. Especially the bass and kick drum, both are so nasty.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I disagree with everything you just said besides the statement about 'In Dreams' sounding better than the re-release. The original Rareform was leaps and bounds over the re-release. Everything about the re-release sounded sloppy and unmastered. Rareform was tight and very hard-hitting.