The Official Agile ERG Thread

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
me either. that's why i picked up this from the agile custom shop....

kurt did mention to me that he'll be getting some Septor and Interceptor models in lefty soon though. how soon, i dunno.
Dude :agreed: that is fucking awesome. You mind telling me how much? I ask because I was considering a custom lefty 7 myself, but if it's like the order form says and it's automatically 50% more to the base model price, that would automatically make a lefty Interceptor $1000 just to make it left handed. If it's that much I'll just make a lefty JEM 7 for less than that, but from everything good I've read about Kurt, I wouldn't think he would leave us wrong-handed people hangin' like that. But I didn't want to spend $15 for a quote to find out.:flame:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
i ordered that guitar from Kurt back before he officially was taking custom orders. i had already bought over a dozen guitars from him within a year, so he was willing to help me out with a "custom" order. the price was right around what the stock Septor and Interceptor Pro models go for now. i dunno if he would charge you the 50% price increase if you just took a standard model with no changes at all besides making it left handed, you would have to ask him that.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
i ordered that guitar from Kurt back before he officially was taking custom orders. i had already bought over a dozen guitars from him within a year, so he was willing to help me out with a "custom" order. the price was right around what the stock Septor and Interceptor Pro models go for now. i dunno if he would charge you the 50% price increase if you just took a standard model with no changes at all besides making it left handed, you would have to ask him that.
Thanks. OK, I asked him- I'll let you know if he answers.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
still waiting for an answer from kurt about holding my order back for a little while.

in the meantime, could anyone direct me towards pics or measurements of an intrepid in its case? i need to see how much space there is above the headstock!

it has to be the intrepid case, of course, and if it´s a bass case instead, then i need to know that :p

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
Hopefully one of you guys can help me out as you seem to know alot about how these guitars are ordered.

Am I better off to put a deposit down now for a lefty Intrepid or wait until there are some for sale on the Rondo site?

Also, if I did put a deposit down what options would I have for finishes and such?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
if you want one, your best bet would be to put down a deposit. you could wait and see if there were unpaid guitars left over from the previous run, but there is never a guarantee that you'll find the one you want that way.

Niels

Reaction score
They're from the man himself, it's how the Interceptor Standard 8 with kahler in Lizard-burst turned out. I realy like them aswell, and even though they didn't really turned out as the mock up I kinda expected them to look like this taking the previous bursts into consideration.

Dude, where'd you get those pics? Are those of the real thing?! I like it, but I would have preferred one that looked more like the mockup. Either way, I'll be playing mine in T minus one week and counting!

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
in the meantime, could anyone direct me towards pics or measurements of an intrepid in its case? i need to see how much space there is above the headstock!
it has to be the intrepid case, of course, and if it´s a bass case instead, then i need to know that :p

Just took a pic for you and did a measurement. Turns out its 3 inches clearance but that seems like it would be plenty of clearance even for an extra couple inches difference in scale length. When I ordered mine he had to email me to let me know he was out of the black intrepid cases but had the same case in tweed. After that all he had in stock for the longest time was the tweed. Unless he had the new cases shortened a bit I have no clue. Im not sure if anyone else feels the same but I dont feel too safe with these cases. The foam around the outside edges has smashed down to the point that it feels like the velvet is the only thing between the guitar body and wood. On top of that the neck cradle has flattened out from the wieght of the guitar in carrying position and the headstock ends up resting against the bottom of the case. I have a different SKB style case that should be here today to try out.
Clearance.jpg

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
Hopefully one of you guys can help me out as you seem to know alot about how these guitars are ordered.

Am I better off to put a deposit down now for a lefty Intrepid or wait until there are some for sale on the Rondo site?

Also, if I did put a deposit down what options would I have for finishes and such?
I just ordered a lefty for OCT. When you have been looking for lefty guitars as long as I have, you realize the chance of there being some extras is pretty much zero. if you go to rondomusic.com and click left-handed, you'll see at the bottom of the page that this run only has one option for lefty- Intrepid Pro Nat with bridge EMG.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
if you want one, your best bet would be to put down a deposit. you could wait and see if there were unpaid guitars left over from the previous run, but there is never a guarantee that you'll find the one you want that way.

I just ordered a lefty for OCT. When you have been looking for lefty guitars as long as I have, you realize the chance of there being some extras is pretty much zero. if you go to rondomusic.com and click left-handed, you'll see at the bottom of the page that this run only has one option for lefty- Intrepid Pro Nat with bridge EMG.

Thanks for the info. I guess my best bet is to order one now then. So, there are no other colours available apart from the natural then because to be honest I don't really like the look of that. The bloodburst and the oceanburst look ALOT better.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently mine is ready to ship out to me I guess?! That's what the e-mail is kind of saying :

History
Mar 27, 2009 2:52PM: Order Received
Mar 30, 2009 7:35AM: Special Order
Jul 21, 2009 10:29AM: Order Received
Jul 23, 2009 7:33AM: Ready to Ship

Unless that means it's ready to ship from the factory to here which is doubtful, although there's no option to give the final payment :scratch:

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I guess my best bet is to order one now then. So, there are no other colours available apart from the natural then because to be honest I don't really like the look of that. The bloodburst and the oceanburst look ALOT better.

email Kurt and ask him if you can preorder a bloodburst or oceanburst. i can all but guarentee you he will say yes. like i said a few posts back, he only had the the 1 available when i was about to order, i emailed him about the lack of lefty options and within a few hours he had multiple different versions listed on the site

Apparently mine is ready to ship out to me I guess?! That's what the e-mail is kind of saying :

History
Mar 27, 2009 2:52PM: Order Received
Mar 30, 2009 7:35AM: Special Order
Jul 21, 2009 10:29AM: Order Received
Jul 23, 2009 7:33AM: Ready to Ship

Unless that means it's ready to ship from the factory to here which is doubtful, although there's no option to give the final payment :scratch:

i got the same thing in my email. this happened back when i ordered my custom too. it just says "ready to ship" because you have confirmed the 2nd half of the payment. Kurt should have the guitars tomorrow or early next week and then the will ship out from Rondo then. they don't come straight from the factory to us. the cases are made in China, the guitars in Korea. if you ordered a case with it, Kurt puts the guitar inside of the case for shipping.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
email Kurt and ask him if you can preorder a bloodburst or oceanburst. i can all but guarentee you he will say yes. like i said a few posts back, he only had the the 1 available when i was about to order, i emailed him about the lack of lefty options and within a few hours he had multiple different versions listed on the site.
Hmm, do you think he would change my order if I asked for another finish?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
i got the same thing in my email. this happened back when i ordered my custom too. it just says "ready to ship" because you have confirmed the 2nd half of the payment. Kurt should have the guitars tomorrow or early next week and then the will ship out from Rondo then. they don't come straight from the factory to us. the cases are made in China, the guitars in Korea. if you ordered a case with it, Kurt puts the guitar inside of the case for shipping.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to come from factory to me but I was expecting the "ready to ship" to mean it was at Rondo to ship, not from factory to Rondo then to me

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Hmm, do you think he would change my order if I asked for another finish?

doesn't hurt to ask. i'm assuming you pre-ordered for the Oct. run, so those guitars haven't even been built yet. it wouldn't cost Kurt anything to change your order from a natural to an oceanburst

djohns74

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't expect it to come from factory to me but I was expecting the "ready to ship" to mean it was at Rondo to ship, not from factory to Rondo then to me
From my experience, "ready to ship" simply means that Rondo is ready to collect any remaining money on the order, which I believe they do at the time that the guitar ships to them. At least that's the way it was for my Intrepid. I got my actual tracking number (meaning it shipped from Rondo) about three weeks after the "ready to ship" email.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
doesn't hurt to ask. i'm assuming you pre-ordered for the Oct. run, so those guitars haven't even been built yet. it wouldn't cost Kurt anything to change your order from a natural to an oceanburst
Thanks, I tried to make it even simpler and asked him if I could get Bloodburst since that's the color option for the righties for this run. I dropped your name, too:cool:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
From my experience, "ready to ship" simply means that Rondo is ready to collect any remaining money on the order, which I believe they do at the time that the guitar ships to them. At least that's the way it was for my Intrepid. I got my actual tracking number (meaning it shipped from Rondo) about three weeks after the "ready to ship" email.

Yeah, turns out Kurt charged me for it which kind of freaked me out since he didn't send any notification saying "Hey, here's where YOU pay the final part" versus him just pulling the money

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
email Kurt and ask him if you can preorder a bloodburst or oceanburst. i can all but guarentee you he will say yes. like i said a few posts back, he only had the the 1 available when i was about to order, i emailed him about the lack of lefty options and within a few hours he had multiple different versions listed on the site.

Thanks dude. I've emailed him.

Latest posts