The Official Agile ERG Thread

Niels

Reaction score
Today is the last day that Rondomusic takes deposits/orders for Intrepids and Septors and I'm still undecided.:scratch:
So, I think, I will pass and hopefully the next time I will be ready to decide on what to get.:rolleyes:
I just am not sure enough yet on what scale, color and fretboard I'd want, and I don't want to rush this. Maybe better to wait for the next round ....

You will slap yourself in the head many times in the future for passing up, just because you are considering now :agreed:
Same deal here but I eventually ended up with a ghostburst dual passive standard intrepid and a lizardburst dual passive standard septor with the kahler. Both love them, their my maines now :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
You will slap yourself in the head many times in the future for passing up, just because you are considering now :agreed:
Same deal here but I eventually ended up with a ghostburst dual passive standard intrepid and a lizardburst dual passive standard septor with the kahler. Both love them, their my maines now :hbang:

:ugh: Yeah.

Well, I just was not ready yet to decide on scale, color and fretboard. And I just hate having to make a rushed decision.
I will order one the next time around then.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Well, well, well. There's that other LB Interceptor 8! I don't seem to recall a NGD post, though. Hmmm?:scratch:

Seriously, though, did you get the 27" or 25.5? And did you have the neck backed out of the pocket or a routing gap on the front edge of the Kahler? The rest of us did in this run.

And can you post a couple of pics of the LB and the Intrepid?

Niels

Reaction score
Yeah sorry, I do not own any camera's (I'm actually kinda afraid of camera's for no apperant reason).
I got the 25,5" for the high A, and with the exception of some small scratches on the kahler the guitar is flawless ^^
I'll do my best to get some pictures alright?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, I do not own any camera's (I'm actually kinda afraid of camera's for no apperant reason).
I got the 25,5" for the high A, and with the exception of some small scratches on the kahler the guitar is flawless ^^
I'll do my best to get some pictures alright?

So do you have the high A on it yet? I got the 27" because I wanted the option of the high A or the low F#, but I currently just have the low string on.

Niels

Reaction score
Yep, I had ordered 10 high a strings from gary a month before I got the guitar.
So as soon as I got it, I re-strung it. Whenever I string up a high a, I do it when watching a movie or something, then I slowly wind up the string with long rests.
And now I already use it a couple of months ^^

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Graph Tech(or any other companies of similar quality) makes nuts that fit 8 string necks? I figure, since I'm having trouble with my low F# at the nut, might as well upgrade to a better material. I was looking at their black tusq line but didn't see a whole lot of length options.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Graph Tech(or any other companies of similar quality) makes nuts that fit 8 string necks? I figure, since I'm having trouble with my low F# at the nut, might as well upgrade to a better material. I was looking at their black tusq line but didn't see a whole lot of length options.

What kind of trouble? If it's binding a little, a little bit of a file and some lubing up with graphite from a mechanical pencil should help.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
The string sounds muffled and "breathy"(for lack of a better term) when played open. I can see light under the string between it and the nut slot. I looked online for files but I couldn't find any that were close to .072 gauge. I'm kind of hesitant to get a smaller one and attempt the shaping by hand myself, especially if replacements are hard to come by. So, I was figuring on taking it to a tech(which would require me finding one in the area as I've never really needed one before) and figured, if I'm going to go that route anyway, might as well have him install an upgraded nut.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes you can file the nut down a bit just by taking a section of the string itself and running it back and forth through the slot repetitively. It's far from ideal, but it can work.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I did that a bit already. Only problem was, since I didn't really notice this until I got the new string on, I only had a very short length of the .072 to do it with so it was even further from ideal. Maybe, if I don't get it into a tech before then, I'll give this another go next time I change strings.

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just got my agile 8 today, (btw I think I may have gotten the last one with the through neck and ebony fretboard.) It seems pretty awesome, but The action seems a little high to me. suggestions?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just got my agile 8 today, (btw I think I may have gotten the last one with the through neck and ebony fretboard.) It seems pretty awesome, but The action seems a little high to me. suggestions?

Try lowering the action. ;)

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Ah. See those hex screws on the saddles? Those are for adjusting the action.
hah wow man thanks. I'm so used to floyds, that having the workings of fixed bridges are still mysterious to me. That made a huge difference especially on the high strings, now its as awesome as I was expecting.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Check the action at the nut as well (i.e. how far the strings are off the first fret). The gap between the string and fret should be almost imperceptable there, requiring very little force to push it down. On my Intrepid I felt it was way to high, so I filed the nut down more. If it's high there it will limit how low you can get the overall action without buzzing. You can use nut files (sounds painful!:lol:) to do it, but they're kinda spendy. I just used a little rotary disk from my Dremel and held it in my fingers and pushed it back and forth til I got the height I wanted. And from what I understand you can just take the wound strings and rub them back and forth until you get the right height.

Also, before you do so on the 8th string, get yourself an actual .068 or higher gauge. Rondo's web site states that the guitars ship with a .072, but it's actually like a .062 or something really tiny. And then, step 3) Kick out the james!:hbang:

EDIT: Don't be shy with that camera, dude! Let's get some pics of that bad boy up here, STAT!

Latest posts