The Role of Government (Formerly Net Neutrality Thread)

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Public schools are indoctrinating kids dumbing them down with common core. You wouldnt believe how many kids cant even read a clock or tie their shoes in todays times. Public education is gov't indoctrination.

I couldn't agree any more with you.

How is the common core "indoctrinating" students? I have criticsms of the common core, but you're just using conspiracy lingo with no facts. For one, common core has nothing to do with the specific curriculum -- it's simply a set of national milestones for each grade. We've always had grade-based milestones, just varying in scope and sometimes varying state to state or district to district. And I can assure you, these milestones have little to do with tying your shoes or reading a clock.

btw, for basically all southern/mid-west states, common core sets more rigorous curriculum goals than were present before.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
To be fair, as much as I say it's great, my school didn't teach me to tie my shoe laces.

Your Irish school system might be highly acclaimed by so-called "international assessment", but at least I know what this means:

480x360bb.jpg

#murica

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Your Irish school system might be highly acclaimed by so-called "international assessment", but at least I know what this means:

480x360bb.jpg

#murica
I never said anything about clocks. I did that in school when I was 5 years old. Do you guys even graduate from finger painting at that stage?

Edit: To demonstrate, that clock reads Guinness Time.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I never said anything about clocks. I did that in school when I was 5 years old. Do you guys even graduate from finger painting at that stage?

Edit: To demonstrate, that clock reads Guinness Time.
isn't all the time Guinness time in Ireland?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
For those who were proposing a government built infrastructure and making the internet a utility provided by the city, apparently some places have done just that already

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/ne...s-looks-longmont-broadband-lessons/753336001/

I understand their concerns about changing technology, but fiber has been the sort of 'high-end internet' for what, a decade now? Hell, it's what Google is using for their high-speed services. I feel like it's going to stay that way in the time it'd take to get them up and running (Longmont is just over 3 years in the making), and more on top of that.