'The Safety Fire' Megathread: 'Grind the Ocean' Now Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand I'll still hate this album because Sean can't figure out what a fucking scream is. He's got so much talent but his "screams" literally ruin moments for me

Agreed. When he's actually singing, he sounds like a freaking angel. But those screams are awful. If all he did was sing, this would very nearly be the perfect band for me.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Are you talking about that kinda half screaming/raspy vocal? I actually dig the sound of that.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
It took me quite a while to get into his screaming. First time I listened to Huge Hammers I loved everything but the screaming just annoyed the crap out of me. But as it often is with great things, a few listens in I got into the groove.

Can't wait for the new one.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Really? I think Sean has one of the most unique screams I have ever heard. He's a terrific vocalist.
Agreed. I actually think having a more typical scream wouldn't fit the Safety Fire at all

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
Ohhh damn. That was fantastic. I love the clean guitar-work they do.

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
..... i love it.
sean's range is ridiculous now. and the screams (that sounded odd on Grind the Ocean) just seem natural now. they have officially grown on me.

the sound of this track is immediately recognizable as The Safety Fire... just with more depth and improved skill. exactly what i would expect with a sophomore release from such a gifted band.

kastenfrog

Reaction score
that is fantastic. i love their style. pretty unique if you ask me and you immediately recognize them. so stoked for the album

c0n0r

Reaction score
loving the new song! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!

lawizeg

Reaction score
Wow. Sexy. Very....together as a band, once again. Really felt like a 'song' to me, however dumb that sounds.
Really enjoyed the last half.

riffmadness

"Badum tss"
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic! Cannot wait for what's in store in the new album!
I expected to hear more of his screams in this track but I guess Sean kept it minimal. His singing seems so much more pronounced too lol, it was already great in Grind the Ocean but he managed to improve!

MOAR!
:yesway::yesway:

Sverdugo

Overlord of Earth
Reaction score

thismakesmemoist.jpg

Seriously. I'd be more stoked about the album though if I wasn't already focusing all of my stoking energy towards the fact that they just announced a US tour with BTBAM and the Faceless.

nicktao

Reaction score
Although I'm happy they've got enough funds to do a vid, I was really hoping for a new single.

Turk

It's all good.
Reaction score
" 'I must have said “there is no topping Winger’s 1988 classic ‘Winger’ ” on a daily basis during the recording process. I’ve never been wrong about anything in my whole life, so it was a rather humbling experience to realise that what we were creating was in fact better than Winger’s 1988 classic, ‘Winger’. I felt like a bozo deluxe. After a while I came to accept that we had created the best album of all time, ever, in the history of known time. The burden of holding such musical gold was too much for us to handle and the band agreed to release it through InsideOut Music, on September 2nd. I’d like to think the music can speak for itself, but music can’t speak, so I’ll speak on its behalf. Hello. I hope you enjoy me.' " - Derya Nagle

This quote alone tells me this album will be worth it. :lol::lol::lol:

On an unrelated note, I still haven't received my "Support Your Local Derya Nagle" tank.