The Social Networking Thread (Google+ Now Public)

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27duuude

Picky about tone
Reaction score
Its probably only 18+ for the open beta. Google is smart enough to understand that teenagers won't contribute anything to the beta so this is the best way the get the best feedback from the most mature people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Why would you delete your facebook account, google+ won't be about companies and adds and games so facebook will still have a use.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Its probably only 18+ for the open beta. Google is smart enough to understand that teenagers won't contribute anything to the beta so this is the best way the get the best feedback from the most mature people.

I find that deeply offensive.

It's true, in regards to most of us, though. :lol:

FretWizard88

Reaction score
I just deleted my Facebook. To tell you the truth, it feels fan-fucking-tastic! I'm going to do my best to stay away from the mainstream social media websites.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This is mildly off-topic, but:

I've been wondering if there's been any research or just questions asked about what impact the internet, and more specifically social networking, will have on people of my generation and younger. I've half-heartedly Googled it (LOL), but I'd like to see where this totally new arena will bring the way we interact and form friendships.

I've noticed that I'm a lot better friend on the internet than I am in real life, i.e. I'll talk to people online more, especially if they post interesting stuff, than I will on the phone or sometimes even in person. There's also a lot of unspoken, assumed etiquette developing out of this, as well as with IM and texting. If there's nothing out there like that, I'll have to take it to my Comm. Sci. professor and get him to do it. :lol:

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I don't have ANY social media. Not facebook, not G+.

Why I post it here? I'll tell you why.

Most people on my school can't believe it, those that don't know me well think I don't have any form of social life, the ones that do know me, are surprised I'm actually social but don't have facebook.
And everytime they mention it, I just go :fawk:.

They even threatened once to make me an account and hook me up with a load of hot girls without me knowing. And yes, it were girls who said this :fawk:

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I don't have ANY social media. Not facebook, not G+.

Why I post it here? I'll tell you why.

Most people on my school can't believe it, those that don't know me well think I don't have any form of social life, the ones that do know me, are surprised I'm actually social but don't have facebook.
And everytime they mention it, I just go :fawk:.

They even threatened once to make me an account and hook me up with a load of hot girls without me knowing. And yes, it were girls who said this :fawk:

And you replied

Me gusta.....