The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I don't get the point of that run. I am in the group(didn't vote, just curiosity) and I would not throw 4k$ for a guitar these kids are choosing.

Their discussions are hilarious. I suspect the guitar will end with some kind of "kiesel-please-kill-me-abortion look"

Like I said, at least it is funny reading kids nowadays.
^ This. :lol:

WG will sell the run out just as they do with everything else. Mehtab is a marketing genius.
I'm not sure how many of these kids and WG cronies can afford to shell out $3.5K-$4K. But we will see. If the run doesn't sellout out, maybe the WG guys will buy the extra slots up and try to flip the guitars elsewhere.

I was interested in the run myself, especially since it's a Varberg run, but not anymore. Besides, I've got plans on custom builds with other luthiers. So I would rather save my money and take it elsewhere. (Somewhere more trustworthy than WG.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
I love that Misha spec. I have serious GAS for his Jackson Sig. I'm thinking about parting with my Washburn CL7 to get one.

Im not crazy about the red hardware but its certainly unique. I wouldve spec'd black or rose gold hardware if i couldve and probably an ebony board. The amount of birdseye on it is insane though. Most ive seen on any strandy.

SevenStringJones

Oh Billy
Reaction score
mehtabs mentioned that it looks like Poplar burl is going to be the top of choice for the new varberg run after some of the voting. and thats all it took for me to decide against the purchase. not a fan personally

Same. Poplar burl can vary so much and just looks cheap to me in most instances. Was super excited for the run and ready to throw cash at it until this.

Yeah, poplar has turned me off. I've got an M2M spot that shouldn't be too far away, so I'm happy to skip this.

Did Ola fix the M2M list? I went from #303 in the 11/2/2015 update to #781 in the 5/20/2016 update.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
What are people liking instead of poplar burl? I'm super into burls (cuz I follow hype bandwagons, lol). If you guys could have any top, what would it be - like a flamed maple, or like a walnut, or what?

SevenStringJones

Oh Billy
Reaction score
What are people liking instead of poplar burl? I'm super into burls (cuz I follow hype bandwagons, lol). If you guys could have any top, what would it be - like a flamed maple, or like a walnut, or what?

KOA! Figured koa would be awesome, but most of it was disappointing in the last run. Quilted maple could be a good option. Easier to find decent pieces in quantity than koa and should be a bit more uniform.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
KOA! Figured koa would be awesome, but most of it was disappointing in the last run. Quilted maple could be a good option. Easier to find decent pieces in quantity than koa and should be a bit more uniform.

High quality quilt maple from Strandberg? Good luck with that.

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
I have no doubts that they will have quality tops for this run as it's coming from the Swedish shop. It's not Washburn or Korea building these guitars. I'm not doing the run so, whatever.

RickSanchez

Reaction score
Hey :) I was planing on making my own 8string and I would like to know the width at the nut and the bridge of an strandberg os8, because i really enjoyed playing it (at an event once). The width is measured from the middle of the 8th to the middle of the 1St string, it would be great if anyone knowing it could tell me, because i couldn't find any info on it online. I'm also not planning on copying the strandberg, even though I'm saving up money to get it some day :D

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score

Ebony, Black Limba or Zebrawood. I love the way they look.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
^Yes! Zebrawood on an ash or black limba body looks off the hooK!

That's 4xA?! :scratch:

idk, he doesn't have any decent pics up besides those so I can't really judge.

I was actually specing a black limba body with either a zebrawood or ebony top for my next guitar. It would look so good.

Bearilla

Reaction score
Question for fellow Strandberg owners.....

You guys find the tuning "barrels" get off center causing spacing conflict? I have noticed mine can get off center causing theme to get close enough to rub the others if I am not careful. This is most noticeable on the low E and low B.

Bearilla

Reaction score
This is an issue while the strings are under tension. Have noticed when tuning they can get off center.

Anyone be able to get some close up pics of their bridge? Would like to compare my saddle spacing.

I can create a new thread if people would like it to be there instead of here. Appreciate the help, Dudes!

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
That's 4xA?! :scratch:

You'll be surprised how the right light can make the figuring really pop. Especially on matte finishes, you really need to catch light at the right angle for you to really see the figuring. Furthermore, without a stain, it's even harder to see how figured it is too.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
You'll be surprised how the right light can make the figuring really pop. Especially on matte finishes, you really need to catch light at the right angle for you to really see the figuring. Furthermore, without a stain, it's even harder to see how figured it is too.

Don't worry, I know. I have a few slabs of the stuff on my shelf. I was just wondering why a guy who's already off to a bad start, bargaining-wise, seemingly went out of his way to photograph the guitar in a way as to make an alledgedly spectacular top appear boring and featureless. I'm almost impressed.