The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Varberg dies off completely due to lack of orders.
It's sad, I really liked the idea and the shape. Especially the area around the cable plug is a lot better than on Bodens. In cassical position, the guitar can sit on both legs without any pinching corners or plugs (my biggest issue with the Boden shape btw).
other headless guitars have the output jack either more in the body/wing (ie the goliath, which also has it at a different angle than the boden). I prefer my vader to my boden ergonomically speaking. The jack placement (on the bottom edge of the wing like on most modern super strats) works better for playing in the classical position imo. Definitely helps that the forearm contour is more angled on it too, so it's comfier for longer playing sessions. I kind of hate how people assume that in order for a design to be modern it needs to eschew comfort (which I admit is relatively subjective). I think that the boden could also use a redesign, if only to change the jack placement, blocky neck heel and forearm contour.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Personnaly love the input jack placement on my Bodens... most efficient when you play standing up. And I don't play in classical position anymway ;)

And when I use my Line6 G10 relay, you don't even see it from the front.... so coooool ;)))

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I’ve been using the XVive wireless for the last couple shows and it works pretty nicely with the Boden. Other than that I’ve always looped my cable over the strap button and used a straight TS connector.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Not sure about this

Attachments

• 26996453_2022851944398318_1619242935_n.jpg
    26996453_2022851944398318_1619242935_n.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 26996951_2022851557731690_478484686_n.jpg
    26996951_2022851557731690_478484686_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 94

pott

Reaction score
I think it looks gorgeous. I honestly would love to see this as an alternative to the Boden, with 2 humbuckers.
That half fan is still going, to my mind, in the wrong direction, so it's basically useless. But that's also on the Bodens, so eh...

Avedas

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned the Boden 6 fan may as well not be there, and I have no problem with that. Regular chords feel normal, and bending is ever so slightly easier. Plus I love the aesthetic of a subtle one directional fan.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I don’t hate it, but I don’t like that one knob is in the plate and the other is out. Don’t do an electronics cover plate if you can’t get both in; or eliminate one knob and get creative. Maybe like a push pull stacked knob. Push for volume, pull for tone shaping or something.
I also don’t love the bottom of the pickguard. I’d rather it be straight across.
I do like the body shape, but I’d like to see one with no guard, no electronics plate, and a pair of humbuckers as well.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
I hope production neck through Bodens are announced at NAMM. Brolaire’s right man, I hate the heel on my Boden OS 8.

I love everything else, though.

crackout

The Yellow One
Reaction score
I don't the like it all. The second knob looks out of place and the pickguard's split personality (round, edgy) is just awkward.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
The body shape on that is super awesome, but that random knob and the awful pick guard design really kill it for me.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Always good to have more choices on the market although I feel like this is a marketing decision to address customers who prefer more classic shapes.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question regarding the new models (announced in 2017). It seems the Boden Original 7 features an optional tremolo, is it the same one as on the Boden Prog 7 (the new EGS rev5?)?

I'm trying to assess if the $250 price difference for the Prog 7 is worth it, as far as I can tell the only differences between the Prog 7 and the Original is the ebony board (vs roasted maple for the Original) and possibly the trem.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
I'm trying to assess if the $250 price difference for the Prog 7 is worth it, as far as I can tell the only differences between the Prog 7 and the Original is the ebony board (vs roasted maple for the Original) and possibly the trem.

It's the same trem, Prog 7 is made in Korea and the Original is made in Indonesia, from the experiences I've had with them the Korean made ones are slightly higher quality, the neck finish feels more "satin" and the woods seem slightly nicer.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
+1. All trem models are current revision (knife edge with adjustable posts). Speaking only of production models, used OS6T and Washberg Masvidalien models will have the previous bearing version. A few transitional 2017 OS models with roasted necks have the current trem.

Avedas

Reaction score
It's the same trem, Prog 7 is made in Korea and the Original is made in Indonesia, from the experiences I've had with them the Korean made ones are slightly higher quality, the neck finish feels more "satin" and the woods seem slightly nicer.
That's a good way to put it. I played a lot of classics and originals (and OS models of varying years) before I bought my prog which definitely felt nicer than the aforementioned, but it was hard to put words to.

And yes of course, there's the premium you pay for an ebony fretboard.