The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm EXTREMELY tempted to jump on the waiting list again for a 7 string.... I've never been so into a guitar without playing one. I dunno what it is but this guitar speaks to me. My G/F (who never says anything about my guitars) 'that is a piece of art'

Lirtle

Reaction score
I'm #30 and #77. My build should be starting sometime in the near future. So excited.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Just emailed Ola for a 2nd build :wallbash: :lol:

So worth it :hbang:

Looking into the neck options at the moment..... Rick Toones Intersecting plane profile looks the goods. I think it said something like 'If your playing style is like playing Holdsworth and Tosin..... Something like that. Guilty as charged.

Anyone else thinking of going colour hardware? I'm thinking of going blue

Lirtle

Reaction score
I'm sticking with black hardware for the first build.
Is anyone here going with the EndurNeck profile?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sticking with black hardware for the first build.
Is anyone here going with the EndurNeck profile?

I'm still considering it, the neck profile that is.

I made some foam replicas of the TNP and IPNP and thought that the IPMP-Down profile was for me, but now I have to play around some more.

mountainjam

Reaction score
399883_319014621476321_106672059377246_1008278_1329509927_n.jpg

Just caught this on fb. Dustie is now endorsed!?!

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
Im thinking of putting my name on the waitlist, for a 6 string build... I think, maybe a 7.. No, 8.. 6 string, damn it!
Can't make up my mind, but either way it would become my first custom if I 'waitlist' ! :ugh:

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Just sent Ola an email, finally decided to take the plunge on a custom, and a .Strandberg for my first :wub:

I've been frothing over his guitars ever since I heard about them many a month ago, late nights, staring mindlessly at my computer at headless designs, and trying to conjure up what I would like in a guitar. The last 3 months I've had the specifications I've wanted in my head, and they haven't changed, so I decided to go for it as well as the non-stop praise Ola gets for his work, really helped me go for it. But apparently the waiting list is at 97 as of January 15th, I'd love to get #100 ;)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
JBut apparently the waiting list is at 97 as of January 15th, I'd love to get #100 ;)

For what it's worth, waiting list number is not equivalent to build number. Between prototype/exhibition builds and the inevitable folks who drop off the list it's pretty much random at this point. :lol:

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
For what it's worth, waiting list number is not equivalent to build number. Between prototype/exhibition builds and the inevitable folks who drop off the list it's pretty much random at this point. :lol:

I didn't really think of that, but thanks for ruining my dream :lol:

Anyways, now to play the waiting game, a very long game, longer then monopoly.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gunna say if there's any chance you might want a strandberg in the next few years, just get on the list. I'm number 40 something IIRC and I still have another 18 months waiting.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Looks like 15's up for sale with a new neck of your choice.

I've already emailed, the body's basically what I'd have chosen anyway.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Yeah I'm number 54, and I'm fully prepared to accept the two years between now and then :lol:

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score

Max is just jealous cause he's number 37 and 66 and he has no chance at the magical number 50 or 100 :lol:

I'm number 57 and now 106 so I have a REALLY good chance of landing one of them! :fawk:

Of course i'm kidding... I did dream I got number 50 about a month ago though... surprised it want a wet one :lol: