The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Nah, totally agree. $4k there's no reason to compromise at all, because that's full-on custom money. It's a win for those guys who were just waiting to place a vividly-stained burl top + ziricote board order, as soon as they pawned their Ed Hardy shirt collections.

Narad the Brutal. Don't forget their Evisu jeans as well :lol:

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
^ I remember those. Jesus :lol:

OnT: got a new neck fitted to my .strandberg* today - this one has an ebony fretboard as well as opposed to the birdseye maple one I used to have. It'll be cool to try something new :)
Their customer service in unparallelled as always - seriously the single best company I have ever dealth with before.
Needless to say, I'm a happy camper!

XiyetR9.jpg

6jXTvyw.jpg

marcwormjim

Reaction score
When I asked in November about what lines/runs would be restocked, Ed Yoon said there'd be a restocking of select OS models in February, with the implication I inferred being that it would be the last batch with the previous line's specs, to be replaced completely by the 2017 lines (including the "Original" line specs). Apparently, their WMI maple stock was switched over to roasted during production of the last OS batch. The indicator, for me, is the OS line price vs the higher 2017 line prices.

lilstryer

Reaction score

OnT: got a new neck fitted to my .strandberg* today - this one has an ebony fretboard as well as opposed to the birdseye maple one I used to have. It'll be cool to try something new :)
Their customer service in unparallelled as always - seriously the single best company I have ever dealth with before.

XiyetR9.jpg

6jXTvyw.jpg

oo how much did the new neck cost?

ihunda

Reaction score
Thanks for the link @littleredguitars2, I just bought that guitar when I saw the picture here :) Finally a tremolo strandberg for me!

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
Just got an E-Mail from WG about the Strandberg custom run. I guess all those folks who voted on the specs did pay a deposit... I would of paid my deposit if it had been a Boden shape with an 8 string option.

patdavidmusic

Reaction score

XiyetR9.jpg

6jXTvyw.jpg

That's awesome!
May I ask what the round about cost was? And any other pictures? :hbang:
I just bought an older os series i'd love to get a roasted neck

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
Thanks for the link @littleredguitars2, I just bought that guitar when I saw the picture here :) Finally a tremolo strandberg for me!

happy to help! i sub to their newsletter so i see everything new they get in.

also to RPG Guitars, i voted and DID NOT pay a deposit.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Just got an E-Mail from WG about the Strandberg custom run. I guess all those folks who voted on the specs did pay a deposit...
Yeah, they just merely typed that in an email to make it seem like they are doing better than the really are in order to continue building hype. Marketing. I periodically keep in touch with many guys online who follow WG, and none of them have expressed interest in purchasing a spot on the run.

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
I'm not trying to turn this into a WG thread, so this will be my last comment in this subject. The WG E-Mail is selling slots for the run. I figure they didn't get the amount of deposits for the run from the FB group, hence the E-Mail. They went with the Varberg based on early votes assuming early voters are more apt to buy in. The Boden had more votes as time went on. To me it seems like bad logic to call the run based on who smashed the button 1st rather then waiting and seeing what truly garners greater interest.

rapterr15

Reaction score
Anyone know if the J-series will continue to be produced and sold in North America? I had left a comment on Strandberg's FB page asking, but never got a reply.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not trying to turn this into a WG thread, so this will be my last comment in this subject. The WG E-Mail is selling slots for the run. I figure they didn't get the amount of deposits for the run from the FB group, hence the E-Mail. They went with the Varberg based on early votes assuming early voters are more apt to buy in. The Boden had more votes as time went on. To me it seems like bad logic to call the run based on who smashed the button 1st rather then waiting and seeing what truly garners greater interest.

It is multiple things ... and I do believe the decision to go with the Varberg was a good one; not only due to the early votes, but the number of Boden voters wasn't that higher.

In my case, I was close to pay the deposit, but decided not to due to the poplar top.

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
Anyone know if the J-series will continue to be produced and sold in North America? I had left a comment on Strandberg's FB page asking, but never got a reply.

I have been super interested in the J-series as well. Perhaps it's naive of me to think this but I feel like the J-series would have better QC than Washburn or S7. I have wanted to check out the Js but good luck on that in the US. I think they will keep the line going to serve the the higher end markets in Asia. The J-series can be ordered in the US.

This is taken from the Strandberg FB on 1/1/17. "Happy New Year! We ended the year with some website issues, that are now taken care of finally. The coming of the new year also brings with it some news: we are happy to announce that we are now operating in North America as Strandberg Guitars USA, Inc. This will allow us to streamline operations and serve you better. We have many more exciting things to tell you about 2017 so keep your eyes peeled!"

I posted about that quote once with no response. Question is, are we going to get US Strandberg productions again? If so, who is going to do it? I know it's just conjecture but I'd love to hear peoples thoughts!