The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Addison90

Reaction score
i'd be curious to see what tone he uses live, see if he actually digs the hilariously over-gated and dead tone they used on the album.

album sucked, already off my playlist.

final score from my iTunes.. I'm a bit of a geek with my library, back it up carefully, and then I crunch numbers to see how much I actually listen to an album. the higher the average, the more I apparently like it overall.

Comman Man's Collapse, 165 plays avg. We Bow In Its Aura 215 plays.
[id] 210 plays avg. Namaste & Unbreakable 270 plays.
Eclipse... 10. Vicious Circles and Punisher have about 20 listens

:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Uvator

L.O.E.D
Reaction score
When i saw these guys live in may it was insane ... Hands dowm the best gig iv ever seen marc is insane and the bass player was banging out some nuts sweeps in the little sound check thing i was in awe :L but seriously this album just shows how they've matured its more well put together and there continuing to grow and blossom :D punisher was by far the hardest iv ever pitted :)

Tsmith678

Reaction score
I feel like you might be jumping to conclusions. Sure the last 10 or so posts he has made in this thread have said that, but maybe he Is constantly repeating himself because we are supposed to read in between the lines. I think it will take at least 3 more similar posts from him before we can take those words at face value. I can't speak for us all but I will be watching for his thoughts with bated breath! Knock on wood he actually loves it and gives Marc and I permission to work together again!

The best possible response that could be given. Whoa Misha! :hbang:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
In one of Marc's Guitar Messenger masterclasses, he mentions his whole inverted power chord thing. He plays a certain chord that Danny will accent with a note lower than Marc can hit (On his 7th string) so that it sounds like they're playing lower than they really are.

3:40

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
527972_456758394345529_280984410_n.jpg

zgov

Reaction score
i'd be curious to see what tone he uses live, see if he actually digs the hilariously over-gated and dead tone they used on the album.

album sucked, already off my playlist.

final score from my iTunes.. I'm a bit of a geek with my library, back it up carefully, and then I crunch numbers to see how much I actually listen to an album. the higher the average, the more I apparently like it overall.

Comman Man's Collapse, 165 plays avg. We Bow In Its Aura 215 plays.
[id] 210 plays avg. Namaste & Unbreakable 270 plays.
Eclipse... 10. Vicious Circles and Punisher have about 20 listens

Ive liked them more with each album, to me they just keep getting better

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the EP they're recording? The guitarist from volumes is producing them which is kind of a bummer cuz I really liked mishas mix on eclipse but I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I have to very, very much disagree. Eclipse sounds great.

Oh and, new video for Divide Paths came out today. Woo!

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Just my two cents, Eclipse was disappointing beyond any amount of expectation. Whenever a band you really love releases a new album, there's always this possibility that it won't be as good as the albums preceding it. I realize that. I take that into consideration. And I was still just incredibly surprised by how sub-par it is. I try to make myself like it and I still don't. Vicious Circles is actually the only song on it. I hope to god the new EP just blows it out of the water. It really freaks me out when people say that it was good... it makes me think: how could they have really appreciated CMC and id if they think Eclipse is quality material? but I guess the same thing could be spun around and put on me by people who are fans of the album. Yes, I realize this post isn't very constructive. I just needed to say it as I've been thinking it since Eclipse came out. And for the record I consider Veil Of Maya to be one of my most very favorite bands. That's why Eclipse hurts me so much.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Just my two cents, Eclipse was disappointing beyond any amount of expectation. Whenever a band you really love releases a new album, there's always this possibility that it won't be as good as the albums preceding it. I realize that. I take that into consideration. And I was still just incredibly surprised by how sub-par it is. I try to make myself like it and I still don't. Vicious Circles is actually the only song on it. I hope to god the new EP just blows it out of the water. It really freaks me out when people say that it was good... it makes me think: how could they have really appreciated CMC and id if they think Eclipse is quality material? but I guess the same thing could be spun around and put on me by people who are fans of the album. Yes, I realize this post isn't very constructive. I just needed to say it as I've been thinking it since Eclipse came out. And for the record I consider Veil Of Maya to be one of my most very favorite bands. That's why Eclipse hurts me so much.

Agreed. CMC is solid all the way through, Id a little less so but still memorable but Eclipse only has a few stand out tracks. Glass Slide wasn't a good successor to Mowgli, sorry. Vicious Circles was the only track with that hopeful sense of melody like you'd see on CMC tracks.

I also disagree with everyone rushing to defend Misha's production job. CMC might not have been the most pristine but it was meaty, not thin and dry (which people like but I don't... I dont.)

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
rumor has it Misha wrote a bunch of the album too, might be why a lot of it didn't sound VoM-y

they always had strange mixes but the one on Eclipse was godawful. didn't even have a good balance between instruments. I hope VoM kickstarts their next album so they can afford a real producer

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well, Eclipse is the only VoM album I enjoy more than a song or two off of.....

Different strokes.