The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
I'm digging this song way more than Phoenix, this is much better in my opinion. Very interested to see what else the album has to offer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

isispelican

Reaction score
It's gonna take some getting used to but I think it's a good change and it opens up more possibilities for the band.

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
The vocalist definitely wouldn't be anything cool if Marc wasn't there to give him a killer track to perform on.
The cleans are far overproduced... Don't care much for the chorus section of the song.
Some of it was super dope, and it had me really excited.
Other parts I wasn't really affected by.
I do have good vibes about this album though.
I feel like collectively, it will be really good. And the vocalist's cleans will shine on some tracks for sure, but not on this one.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait until the rest of the album comes out before I actually make a judgment call but I'm not crazy about this song haha

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I don't like it. I miss Brandon. Oh well, time for me to move on, I didn't like their last single and I don't think they can top how much I enjoyed Eclipse. I'll definitely give the album several listens but I'm not thrilled. I hear these cleans and I just feel like it wasn't worth (musically, not financially) getting rid of Brandon for, but then again I'm not in Veil of Maya.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I heard from a friend that saw them live that the new vocalist wasn't that good, but I really like the new song and he sounds ok.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I actually like that song. IMO I like the new vocalist's screams more than the old singers. Plus his cleans are pretty damn cool.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Idk...I like the new song. He obviously has a strong voice. Not usually my thing but seriously Id listen to this a million times before I'd give the old vocalist another chance...he was garbage.

Seriously what the hell is up with the lyrics though??? maybe they will make more sense when they release the rest of the lyrics and I know what the .... he means in the chorus part...without being able to put it into context it seems silly to arrange the whole song around four vocal lines that don't make any sense by themselves

I could be wrong, but knowing Lukas personally and played with him in a project before, as well knowing that this is the track he tried out on (and most of the parts are the same as they were done in the tryout, and were written in a few hours only) it sounds like it's mostly related to the opportunity of trying out, as well as some of what he dealt with in his personal musical endeavors. Usually he has deeper topics but I think the time constraint is what decided it.

Lyrics are extremely personal to him and can be pretty ....ing cryptic. I don't think everything is intended for the general audience to be able to understand.

I could also be wrong and don't mean to put words into his mouth if so.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
After listening to it 3 or 4 times, I can easily say this is one of my favorite VoM songs to date. I like the new singer much more than their original one. I can understand why people would hate on the cleans if they aren't into them, but I personally love the addition of them. Marc has always written very melodic guitar riffs and I think the clean vocals fit right in with them. Super stoked for this album, can't wait to hear the rest of the songs.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff, but I don't like that some of the riffs sound like they're from separate songs.
That seems to be pretty typical with <insert prefix>core bands though.

For example, check out this band:

At around 0:25, it feels like a different song jumps out of the bushes, and it happens again at 1:10 and then again at 1:40 and then once again at 2:00... and then the intro comes again out of the blue at 3:00 :lol:

At least VoM are doing the transitions a bit more fluently, but it still annoys me. Periphery for example don't have this problem even though they've got tempo and meter changes, the songs just flow throughout, which is how it should be.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Honestly, I've really despised this kind of music recently.

But this isn't bad, musically. The clean singing is extremely whiny and nasally, though. Not a fan. And this is coming from someone who likes clean vocals.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Finally checked out the new song

The song as a whole is ....ing awesome, I dig it a lot. I found the riffage to be very reminiscent of TCMC. However, those cleans.... :ugh:

In regards to quality of the new vocalist's live performance, I was at the first show he did with them and he ....ing killed it

thegut

No Talent Ass Clown
Reaction score
Not bad. The whiny/nasally singing (although far more toned down then Periphery) just irks me. Honestly every track off of Monuments latest is better than this to me.

Latest posts