Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
So I've been saving money recently to get my hands on a JPXII-7 that ive been gassing hard for. Today i came across a BFR Walnut Burst 7 for an amazing price and now I'm torn between the two...

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play a JPXII-7 but I have played the Walnut BFR.

Which one has the thinner neck?

Am I better off getting the BFR and If I don't like it I can sell it and get the JPXII-7?

They both have painted necks. Is there a difference in feel between them?

Which one weighs more?

Any other pros and cons you guys could give me would be great :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DslDwg

Reaction score
If you don't have to have the 20" Radius I'd look at the JP7 Stealth - it has the Ebony, my understanding is all of the new JP's will have stainless frets and will probably save you a few dollars.

Hourglass1117

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't have to have the 20" Radius I'd look at the JP7 Stealth - it has the Ebony, my understanding is all of the new JP's will have stainless frets and will probably save you a few dollars.

Honestly, I'd run far, far away from a matte finish black guitar.
The JPXII and the BFR are just far prettier too. Not to mention the different body shape on both. Personally the JPX through JPXII shape has been my favorite thus far.
:agreed:

DslDwg

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd run far, far away from a matte finish black guitar.
The JPXII and the BFR are just far prettier too. Not to mention the different body shape on both. Personally the JPX through JPXII shape has been my favorite thus far.
:agreed:

Of course to each their own. I have another guitar in matte black and love it!

If I didn't have to sell body parts to do it - I'd have a Koa JP7 tomorrow. The price differential from the standard to the BFR is pretty high though.

I love the JPX and JPXII colors but I do prefer the old body shape which seems more custom to JP while I feel like the new body shapes are kind of treading on the same ol' super-strat territory.

Anyway just a suggestion and like I said to each his own. Either way grab one I love my JP7 great great guitars.

HanSulu

Djentleman_007
Reaction score
Ok so I ended up getting the hellraiser special C-8 but I also found a used Level 4 Ibanez RGA7QM for $273, turns out it only has a bad volume knob and some scratches, so I jumped on it. So due to my indecisiveness I got BOTH, I will probably write a review on the RGA7QM when I get it since noone seems to have played them much seeing as they just came out. I won't bother with the Hellraiser (unless you guys really want me to) because there are probably a billion reviews of that one by now.

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
I see the main differences but is there one you'd prefer over the other? Why? My friend bought a 6 string. He's returning it and wants to know which one of those 7's to buy?

HanSulu

Djentleman_007
Reaction score
I see the main differences but is there one you'd prefer over the other? Why? My friend bought a 6 string. He's returning it and wants to know which one of those 7's to buy?

Personally I would prefer the Douglas Hadron 727 due to the Neck-thru construction which works well with the mahogany body, from what I have heard (someone correct me if this is incorrect) bolt on's tend to sound better with other types of body wood, then again all of that comes down to personal taste and other than the neck construction and the middle pickup on the hadron there are almost no difference from what I can see, unless you are counting the finish options in which case the scope seems to have more. Maybe someone who has played both can give a more clear opinion but thats my 2¢

Rustycrutch

Reaction score
I own an RGD2127Z and the other guitarist in my band owns a Schecter Demon-7 :) I have to admit that for $650 the Demon-7 was a great buy, and it has got one of the new thinner schecter necks and it feels great! But in both of our opinions the RGD is far supperior, just based on the sheer craftsmanship. They both have great tone, the passives on the RGD sound just as ballsy as the active seymours on the Demon-7. But yeah, as Broj15 said before, "when you pay $1600 for a guitar your going to get a guitar that plays and feels like it cost you $1600 and When you pay $900 for a guitar your going to get something that plays and feels like it cost you $900

^^ That's exactly right. The RGD just feels like a lot more time and hardwork have gone into it. So if you want a good quality, well priced guitar, get the schecter. :) You will probably eventually want to upgrade to a top of the line guitar. But if you want a top of the line guitar that NOW will fully and completely satisfy you go for the Ibanez :)

Your choice man :) Both sick guitars in their own right :)
\m/>.<\m/

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
Did someone say "Best bang for your buck"?

dc727-figwalnut-90815.jpg

To infinity and beyond!

:sharpie:

/thread

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Can't tell if this is serious or a troll.

If trolling, check the link I included in the post! :yesway:

I wasn't trolling, I was laughing at the ridiculous comment you just made.

I know for a fact that what you said is not true, not neglecting that pickups will make a big difference in the overall sound.

cobblestone

Reaction score
Im looking at a few models of LTD for my new 7 and was wondering what you guys would say. Im trying to choose between these models

LTD H-1007
LTD MH-417
LTD EC-407
ZH-7

Any advice from owners would be appreciated.... if any body owns two of the models how do the compare tonewise, feel? I will not be able to play these before i choose i i figured id as the experts. Thanks in advance

Don Vito

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to tell you....those are all pretty similar.

I'm wanting a white EC-407 myself, but it's really up to you.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Love them all. While the H1007 has the best features and attention to detail (out of them that you listed), I'd go with the MH417. It's just a bare bones brutal fucking guitar. Switch to Blackouts and you have a death metal MONSTER!!!!!