The Walking Dead Season 3

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phrygian12

Reaction score
am i the only one thats getting annoyed by the long pauses in shows? dexter is doing one episode every month and a half...and now walking dead.

if theres a long pause, regardless of how much i loved the show, i loose interest and start watching something else.

I may be wrong but I think they're still writing the second half the season by that point...I think. Because you know if the ratings go down and what not, they could end the show or if they get green lit for another season they can come up with another cliff hanger etc.

Again I'm not sure if that's true or not that's just my guess.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
No, in February it will still be season 3. Nearly every show does this. I imagine it has something to do with Christmas, but I don't really know.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
No, in February it will still be season 3. Nearly every show does this. I imagine it has something to do with Christmas, but I don't really know.

Yeah, it makes more sense to break up the filming of 16-24 episodes into two parts (especially when dealing with actors as opposed to animation) because you can write to account for kids growing (carl), other contractual issues (shane), and just have time to feel out the audience and give the actors a rest. From what I understand, an episode of TWD is about 6 twelve to sixteen hour days straight, and they gotta stay looking pretty. Especially Maggie :wub:

Also:

68656_470815416317869_2006993734_n.jpg

Imagine it with Rick's voice :lol:

BHuard75

Reaction score
Because you know if the ratings go down and what not, they could end the show or if they get green lit for another season they can come up with another cliff hanger etc.

Over 10.5 million mother fuckers in the US stopped what they were doing to watch this show lastnight...LOL I dont think there worried about ratings at this point as mentioned above with burning out the actors is a more likely probability. I am glad though that the break isnt too long, I can live with February.

I looked into getting into the comics, I didnt realize they went back 10 years! Barns and nobles has them listed on their site for $10 a piece. $10 isnt a lot of money, but when theres 104 issues..... jesh thats half for a new custom guitar! Made me think twice about the comics.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Over 10.5 million mother fuckers in the US stopped what they were doing to watch this show lastnight...LOL I dont think there worried about ratings at this point as mentioned above with burning out the actors is a more likely probability. I am glad though that the break isnt too long, I can live with February.

I looked into getting into the comics, I didnt realize they went back 10 years! Barns and nobles has them listed on their site for $10 a piece. $10 isnt a lot of money, but when theres 104 issues..... jesh thats half for a new custom guitar! Made me think twice about the comics.

They're all on youtube in vid form, with some creepy ass music too. And, uh, thepiratebay. They didn't sell for 10 a peice when they were new, so fuuuuuck that!

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
It's probably cheapest to buy the volumes rather than individual issues, but it's still a hefty fee regardless. They're available elsewhere though if you know how to look.

wankerness

Reaction score

I just started reading the comics today...in less than half an hour I was all the way through volume 2 and at the same point as the end of season 2 on the show! There's seriously like 2 paragraphs of text an issue, they go by FAST.

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score

they actually released 2 big volumes of the comics, each with 48 issues to them, 35 a piece at Barnes and noble i beleive.

soundgardener75

Resident Weirdo
Reaction score
Yeah, it makes more sense to break up the filming of 16-24 episodes into two parts (especially when dealing with actors as opposed to animation) because you can write to account for kids growing (carl), other contractual issues (shane), and just have time to feel out the audience and give the actors a rest. From what I understand, an episode of TWD is about 6 twelve to sixteen hour days straight, and they gotta stay looking pretty. Especially Maggie :wub:

Also:

68656_470815416317869_2006993734_n.jpg

Imagine it with Rick's voice :lol:

Let me add to that pic:

6ECC73F3-23D5-4DA9-9D03-C7E7FA303AC3-1123-00000070281D5BB4.jpg

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
You guys ever notice that (and I don't watch the show, just did research) that majority of TWD characters played a guest on Law and Order before this show xD

soliloquy

Reaction score
You guys ever notice that (and I don't watch the show, just did research) that majority of TWD characters played a guest on Law and Order before this show xD

likewise, a lot of the characters from prison break were in a movie called 'equilibrium'.

i love random connections like that.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I finally caught myself up on season 3 and holy shit is all I can say.

Pretty excited for Feb. now.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
I loved Sarah wayne callies' role in Prison break. But that show went downhill after season 1.

after season two it just got weird lol. kinda lost track of what the point of it was, season one was grea tthough. Same with lost but that at least today a few season before things got weird.

Breaking bad is still going strong and i cant wait until summer

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
after season two it just got weird lol. kinda lost track of what the point of it was, season one was grea tthough. Same with lost but that at least today a few season before things got weird.

Breaking bad is still going strong and i cant wait until summer
I managed to watch all of lost and only get slightly confused :lol:

But while I wait for new TWD I have started watching Breaking Bad, and I'm enjoying it so far

flint757

Reaction score
Lost wasn't all that confusing. It got to a point though where I was thinking that they made it all mysterious so they could do whatever in the writing process and get away with it. A lot of things felt unnecessary or unintentional.

I still enjoyed it, but way over-hyped IMO. :shrug:

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Lost wasn't all that confusing. It got to a point though where I was thinking that they made it all mysterious so they could do whatever in the writing process and get away with it. A lot of things felt unnecessary or unintentional.

I still enjoyed it, but way over-hyped IMO. :shrug:

I was a little confused. The were on the island, but they got off the island but they had to get back to the island, but they are there lol. Last 2 seasons got a little confusing to me. rest of it was good IMO