The Walking Dead Season 3

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
This episode was not as bad as most of season 2, but it was close.
-Andrea's speech to Woodbury was unspeakably terrible. Seriously, one of the worst things she's ever had to do, which is saying something given her character's general modus operandi is "think of the dumbest thing that anyone could possibly do under the circumstances and do it."

-How many more times do we have to go through the RICK DOESN'T TRUST NEW PEOPLE AND WON'T LET THEM INTO THE GROUP SIMPLY TO DRAG THE PLOT OUT A COUPLE EXTRA EPISODES EVEN THOUGH HE OBVIOUSLY WILL dance?

-The governor was lame here

-Michonne was wasted, another victim of the "RICK DOESN'T TRUST ANYONE" syndrome that sidetracks so many characters in plot limbo

-If I have to deal with a "Glenn acts badass to prove himself to Maggie, driving a wedge further between them" subplot I am not going to be at all pleased! His rage in this episode is not believable and this reeks of another needless subplot. I actually liked them as a couple through this season, we don't need to have them fall victim to the idiot plot just to eat up running time!

On the plus side, at least we'll probably get to see Daryl running around being a badass and Carol's somehow developed into a decent character.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
A friend just posted this on facebook and I had to share it:
watchoutforthatwalker_zps27fcfaa3.jpg

:rofl:

jeleopard

Reaction score
^ I'd disagree, I think Rick is portrayed pretty well by the actor, and seeing him slip from reality is pretty interesting given the shit he's been through.

I definitely think last night could've been better.
Like when Lori came back I had a hard time watching what Rick was doing. It was just so ugly. I felt like he tried and wanted to be WAY more frantic than he wanted to be.

Then there's that ATROCIOUS crying like when he kills Shane and then when Lori dies.

HyperShade

Reaction score
Ok, here are my predictions based on advertising and other things (including leaked tv info synopsis' of the episodes that are no longer online! They were on the wiki and now have been pulled.)

1.) Rick is going to lose his eye. In the comics he loses his hand, I think it would be appropriate especially the whole "Eye for an eye advertising." Also, the leaked TV info ep. synopsis' state that Rick is going to be severely injured 6-7 episodes into this cycle. It makes sense.

2.) Rick is going to settle the score with Merle and get Daryl back. They hinted last night in the episode preview for next week that we would see some Dixon action. I speak for a lot of people that say Daryl is one of their fav characters. He needs to stay with the group or at least have some relevance.

3.) Carl WILL kill Ben or Alan. They have already shown they have no intentions of leaving. We see Carl tell Rick that he does not need to be the leader any more. Carl took initiative in obtaining more people, he sees the group needs help, he sees his father slipping away. He will kill either of them or both in the event they try ANYTHING. In the comic he kills Ben. He also knows his father killed Shane so he realizes some times people need to be killed if they are threat.

4.) Someone betrays Rick this season. I don't know who, but again I read the synopsis' (Which seemed spot on.) Daryl already kind of did, but I believe Daryl will return. Possibly Ben and Alan, in which case Carl will deal with it.

5.) Herschel will die in the raid against the governor. I actually really really like Herschel Greene but he's not gonna make it out of this season in my opinion. One Leg, the governor WILL assault the prison, that's going to be the end for our old friend I'm afraid.

That's what I'm thinking is going to go down.

EDIT- I just checked the synopsis again to see what next weeks said.

Plot-

As the group debates their next course of action, Rick wanders after a lost friend. Daryl and Merle question their choices. The Governor restores order in Woodbury and makes plans to punish those responsible.

It's either Daryl (which makes a lot of sense.) OR It's Morgan and Duane!!! I believe it was announced they would be returning at some point this season.

SrDeMaFp

Hack
Reaction score
After all the hype, I gotta say that was a bit of a weak episode last week. Hopefully things pick up a bit on Sunday.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
No question is a stupid question, mate.

[ SPOILER ] text here [ /SPOILER ]

Should do this

without the spaces of course

SrDeMaFp

Hack
Reaction score
Thanks man. So...

Apparently Carol is like the fucking bringer of death - LOL. Poor woman can't catch a break. Whatever she gets close to either drops dead or leaves. Sucks too as Axel was a likable character. I expected him to get offed, but that came out of nowhere! Great ending as well (even though I can't fucking STAND cliff-hangers). Next week should be good! I'm glad things started to pick up with this episode.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
After everything went down in the last 5-10 minutes of the episode this was my reaction as the show ended.
ohshit.gif

I'm so pumped for next week!!!!!!

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
No problem man :D

Can't stand cliff-hangers? Stop watching the walking dead! Every episode is a cliff hanger xD

SrDeMaFp

Hack
Reaction score
No problem man :D

Can't stand cliff-hangers? Stop watching the walking dead! Every episode is a cliff hanger xD

True. I guess I just used "cliff-hanger" for the lack of a better term. They fucking cut to the credits in the middle of some good action, damn it!:wallbash:

wankerness

Reaction score
Last episode was about on par with season 2, nothing happened at all. Andrea goes to prison, andrea goes back to town, andrea typically fails to do anything intelligent, nothing is progressed!

texshred777

Reaction score
Carol's suggestion was the most reasonable thing I heard in that whole episode.

Dammnit Adrea. :noplease:

Edit:Have heard all season.

flint757

Reaction score
Well they would never do it. The rest of the season would be even more of a snorefest if there was no war and everyone just banded together like responsible adults. :lol:

DC23

Reaction score
Have to say that last week's episode was not that great. :( This show was amazing during the first season, then I feel like it has been going down hill. This season is just weird with Rick running around chasing Lori's ghost every damn episode.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
There will be the war and shit will go haywire, then they'll spend another couple of episodes pondering their situation and "the only real option we have" people saying "this is madness" and Rick pointing aggressively to the ground to say that "WE HAVE NO CHOICE" and then more drama...
but there will be zombies, and it's suitably awesome at least until Game of Thrones so you won't hear me complaining

flint757

Reaction score
Well considering the huge climax at the end of the return episode it was just weird how it all simmered down back to square one.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
Well considering the huge climax at the end of the return episode it was just weird how it all simmered down back to square one.

This is true. After the battle I was hoping that maybe one side or other would win or at least that the situation would change, but it seems it mostly lead to lots of butthurt, bitchiness and name-calling