Tipping Pizza Delivery Drivers...

• Thread starter ZeroTolerance94
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroTolerance94

Reaction score
How much money should an individual tip a pizza delivery driver...?

And to any possible pizza delivery drivers on this forum; how much money do you consider a decent tip on a delivery? What amount is considered heavily lackluster?

I just ordered a pizza and wondered what the general consensus is on it.

:yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
My order is always around $14 to $18 at most and I throw in $3 for a tip. Either way its 15-20%.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Same as above, but other factors to consider:

Your distance from the place
Current weather
Delivery charge (yes, I know people don't always get them--depends on the place. But it often figures into how much of that 20$ bill is left over.)

You better believe I'll do you better than $3 if you're driving in the rain from across town. But if I'm just ordering a small pizza from down the street on a sunny afternoon because I'm sick in bed or something then try not to shit your panties if I only tip you a few bucks.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
unless I am ordering more than one pizza, I usually just tip them $5.

troyguitar

Reaction score
zero

I pick it up because I'm way too ....ing cheap to spend that much extra money on a damn pizza.

$5 extra is enough to buy another whole pizza, hot n' ready style.

troyguitar

Reaction score
UPS doesn't assume tipping in the wages they pay their drivers.

Who cares?

I'm not the one delivering the pizza, I'm the one eating it.

Delivering a pizza is doing a job as expected. Tips are rewards for going beyond expectations.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Minimum 25%; more if lots of change. I'm a car guy, and I know the beating the drivers' cars take; one serious problem and their whole month's worth of tips is spent.

The Griffinator

Reaction score
Minimum 25%; more if lots of change. I'm a car guy, and I know the beating the drivers' cars take; one serious problem and their whole month's worth of tips is spent.

This. Doesn't matter if ordering in or eating out, I tip a minimum of 25%. I don't have a problem shelling out an extra 2$-4$ so my waitress/pizza guy/poor college student can afford a coffee in the morning.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Nothing. Because he delivered it to the wrong address! Ba dum TISH!

ObPtMa9.gif

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This. Doesn't matter if ordering in or eating out, I tip a minimum of 25%. I don't have a problem shelling out an extra 2$-4$ so my waitress/pizza guy/poor college student can afford a coffee in the morning.

Exactly. If I can afford to be going or ordering out, I can afford to tip well. These people get paid less than minimum wage because of tips.

When I was waiting for this good employer to finally hire me, I spent a month delivering for Jimmy John's (for those from The Car Thread, yes in the Daytona haha). It was awful. There I was getting paid less than minimum wage, gunning the car everywhere because JJ's has a time limit and if you exceed it, you get a strike; and often times people would tip a dollar or less because "it's just a sandwich"... yes, a sandwich you didn't make or want to come get yourself.

If delivery drivers, like waiters/waitresses got paid more hourly, a lack of tipping might be admissable; but they don't, so it's not. Back in my teenage years, if I didn't have enough to give a good tip, I ordered carryout.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Who cares?

Delivering a pizza is doing a job as expected. Tips are rewards for going beyond expectations.

What kind of expectations do you have for pizza delivery, exactly?

I tip because the drivers are in charge of my food. I don't like making people angry in general, specifically the ones in charge of my food. I tip 20% and round up if the number isn't even. If they didn't rely on tips, things might be different. But I'm not an asshole, so I tip them because it's how they make a living. I'm paying to be lazy and I'm totally fine with that.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Who cares?

1398214990964.jpg

Never mind what you'd normally do. Throw in a buck, you cheap bastard! :lol::lol::lol: