Toontrack - Metal Guitar God 2013 - Contest

• Thread starter Lorcan Ward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davemeistro

Reaction score
I find it extremely funny that all of the entries here are AMAZING and yet all of your post counts are rather modest. If there is anything I've taken away from this thread besides some phrasing and run ideas is that I spend far too much time writing witty comments on shitty threads than I do practicing :rofl:

Not all of us spend that time practicing, I know I definitely lurk these forums pretty damn hard haha

rifft

Reaction score
Not all of us spend that time practicing, I know I definitely lurk these forums pretty damn hard haha

This man speaks the truth! one of the reasons I avoided the super shredz in my solo was because I've spent too much time here and not enough time woodshedding...

davemeistro

Reaction score
This man speaks the truth! one of the reasons I avoided the super shredz in my solo was because I've spent too much time here and not enough time woodshedding...

Yup, that's definitely the reason the fastest my entry went was a short run of triplet 8th notes :lol:

NickSBTT

Reaction score
I dig the Jazzmaster on this style! That's different, and your playing was tasty, too.

Thanks man! Yeah I love this thing. Great guitar for the money. Sounds huge through my tremoverb (which I unfortunately didn't get the change to record my entry with :blahblah: )

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
I find it extremely funny that all of the entries here are AMAZING and yet all of your post counts are rather modest. If there is anything I've taken away from this thread besides some phrasing and run ideas is that I spend far too much time writing witty comments on shitty threads than I do practicing :rofl:

In my case, I mostly just post on other message boards. This one gave me problems with viruses for a while...I've since ramped up my security software and such.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
There have been a bunch of great videos in this thread but have any big names entered like with the Mayoness competition?

rifft

Reaction score
There have been a bunch of great videos in this thread but have any big names entered like with the Mayoness competition?

Not that I've noticed. I felt like it wasn't advertised as much and the bigger names probably already have all the SD2.0, etc. they need vs. the custom mayones.

I'm doing decently, around 160-ish votes, but idk how those people got to 500 already...

Metalliac

Reaction score

Hey, everybody who liked my solo on page 2: would you mind throwing a vote my way? I haven't been very actively advertising my entry, but it would be cool if the judges could hear my solo! Couldn't find the edit button to add this to my link, is there a time limit of some sort to the edit function?

Toontrack - Metal Guitar God 2013

daystah

Reaction score
Since there is a thread dedicated to this contest, I'll share mine as well :)

Hope you guys will enjoy it! Thanks for watching :)

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Its mostly about the following, not how good your solo is. This whole contest is extremely unfair.

rapterr15

Reaction score
Haven't listened to a ton, but Jakub Zytecki and Morgan Reid are my two favorites.

Nahkaparoni

Reaction score
Am I the only one who isn't all that impressed with some of the top rated entries?

No you're not. Seems like it's more of a popularity contest than a guitar contest. I don't really care if people vote for my entry or not -I'm in it just to get my name out to new people who might enjoy what I do- but what I mean is I'd much rather see some of the entries with 0-10 votes at the top instead of what's currently floating there. I liked the Mayones/Duncan contest because of the equality aspect that's pretty much nowhere to be found with this one. Cool backing track though.

Latest posts