Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
:scratch: Destroying used guitars doesn't really stop Vik from being a massive piece of shit, or hit him in the wallet. I mean I guess it could help draw attention to how much of a shitbag he is, but is that enough?
These days people will be seeking him out because of what a shitbag he is.

downburst82

Reaction score
Fellow member tipped me off to this... anyone want some Vik parts?

zqrhoprhrjbsmag3cj86.jpg

27?

Am I counting correctly? I'm not sure if it's 2 headless or 4 headless in the pile

Thats CRAZY!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I count nearly 30 guitars. I once joked about sanding the logo off my headstock and decided against it. Here I am years later looking at a giant pile of broken guitars now. What does this achieve? Most builders say it's really hard to part with a guitar once you've finished building it and that feeling never really goes away. I'd imagine seeing a few years of your life smashed up like that is insulting to say the least.

I just traded this a couple weeks ago, had a good laugh showing it to my guitar buddy :lol:

I was told mine was going to "the pile", for context :rofl:

What does it feel like seeing a guitar you owned smashed up like that? I keep expecting to see my old Duality 7 on the pile someday lol. I'd be a bit sad since it was an incredible guitar but I was glad to be rid of it.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
That "Kimnel" dude is undoubtedly a highly motivated individual.

After watching that pile, I would expect Vik to finally start feeling concerned about his crimes.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Waste of money and mostly amazing guitars that will only bump prices of used VIKs.
Money should go for legal actions if Mr. Kimnel want's to stop VIK from scamming other people.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Are those ACTUALLY for sale for that much money? I can't tell what part of it is insult, what part of it is humor, and what part of it is profiteering. I just don't know the story of how these were acquired.

Purelojik

Reaction score
i dunno, just kinda makes me sad those guitars are destroyed. I dont like his stance on politics and culture but that's a damn shame that nice timber gets the abuse. Maybe its cause I build and admired Vik for a while before all that came to light, but still don't think the guitars deserved that. such a waste

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
That "Kimnel" dude is undoubtedly a highly motivated individual.

After watching that pile, I would expect Vik to finally start feeling concerned about his crimes.
I can pretty much guarantee he doesn't give a fuck, he has his cash

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I count nearly 30 guitars. I once joked about sanding the logo off my headstock and decided against it. Here I am years later looking at a giant pile of broken guitars now. What does this achieve? Most builders say it's really hard to part with a guitar once you've finished building it and that feeling never really goes away. I'd imagine seeing a few years of your life smashed up like that is insulting to say the least.

What does it feel like seeing a guitar you owned smashed up like that? I keep expecting to see my old Duality 7 on the pile someday lol. I'd be a bit sad since it was an incredible guitar but I was glad to be rid of it.
I am just glad I got what I paid for. He told me without doubt that he doesnt give a fuck about publicity (probably a lie)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Waste of money and mostly amazing guitars that will only bump prices of used VIKs.
Money should go for legal actions if Mr. Kimnel want's to stop VIK from scamming other people.

It's hard to give away a used Vik. I've been down that road twice.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Fellow member tipped me off to this... anyone want some Vik parts?

zqrhoprhrjbsmag3cj86.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if it is Vik involved in a few UPS insurance claims.

I really hope the fact that this sold is a second account in on a joke.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if it is Vik involved in a few UPS insurance claims.

I really hope the fact that this sold is a second account in on a joke.

It's 100% just an angry ex-customer, who smashed these up using a variety of tools, rocks, and sometimes other Viks.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

I'll be honest maybe a smidge sad because it was a fantastic guitar, but the guitar replacing it is far more enjoyable for me. I didn't have much attachment to that Vik, it was gorgeous but definitely less hours than all of my other guitars.

It's definitely getting attention, but in a world where Vik gets to freely operate and scam new customers infinitely if I had some threshold of money and felt inclined enough I'd buy them up and do what you suggested. Relabel/Repurpose.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
I'll be honest maybe a smidge sad because it was a fantastic guitar, but the guitar replacing it is far more enjoyable for me. I didn't have much attachment to that Vik, it was gorgeous but definitely less hours than all of my other guitars.

It's definitely getting attention, but in a world where Vik gets to freely operate and scam new customers infinitely if I had some threshold of money and felt inclined enough I'd buy them up and do what you suggested. Relabel/Repurpose.

he prob would cut vik to the quick if rather than destroying them he just re-labeled the guitars a 'squire'