Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blanco

Reaction score
I'd hope so too otherwise this could be just an empty booth and that would be rather embarrassing. :lol:

Leonardo do you actually know who's making these yet or is it all being kept pretty secret until namm?

1466304_221471474690322_1037534184_n.jpg

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I'd hope so too otherwise this could be just an empty booth and that would be rather embarrassing. :lol:

Leonardo do you actually know who's making these yet or is it all being kept pretty secret until namm?

Lets just say that I have no intention of being a suspect if the info were to leak. What I can say is that there will be close to ten INSANE custom ViKs at NAMM, one of which will be the USA demo.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Lets just say that I have no intention of being a suspect if the info were to leak. What I can say is that there will be close to ten INSANE custom ViKs at NAMM, one of which will be the USA demo.

Is a burl-topped non-FF saviour 7 in that set?? eh? eh? Inquiring minds would like to know...

blanco

Reaction score

Understood. I figured it would be easier getting blood from a stone than a definitive answer and i wouldn't want to damage any trust you have developed with luthiers.

Sounds like NAMM will be pretty good for ViK fans though and people can get a quick side by side on custom shop vs production model.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
vik making the proto type doesnt equate to production model and will not be an acurate comparison to whoever will be producing them.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Is a burl-topped non-FF saviour 7 in that set?? eh? eh? Inquiring minds would like to know...

I think after NAMM he's gonna be kicking ass on custom stuff that doesn't make it to the show. You don't want your custom to be there on display being handled by people and potentially damaged anyways when your hopefully getting it not too far after anyways. I cant wait to see yours whenever you get it man :bowdown:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think after NAMM he's gonna be kicking ass on custom stuff that doesn't make it to the show. You don't want your custom to be there on display being handled by people and potentially damaged anyways when your hopefully getting it not too far after anyways. I cant wait to see yours whenever you get it man :bowdown:

Do things really get damaged at NAMM? And if you're the guy that scratches or chips something...you just...put it down softly and back away slowly into the crowd?

But yea...should be good. Still waiting on nearly all custom orders placed after 2010...I'm going to get really enlightened this spring when it's Vik vs. Strandberg vs. Daemoness (round 2).

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen a few NAMM display instruments from various builders being sold at marked down prices due to nicks and scratches from being played by dozens of people at the show.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
I would be interested in checking one of these out. I have never held or seen a Vik guitar in person so Im not going to pretend I know how well his guitars are or arent built. I do like the designs though and a $5000 starting cap on a custom build firmly puts his customs in my not giving a shit bin. But have one of his designs in a more cost effective package and I would be game to checking them out if the quality is on par with their price range.

As for people having their balls in a knot over him starting this endeavor while being behind on builds I wouldnt sweat it. By him offering a lower cost USA produced version of his customs it 1. May just sway some customers to give up their spot in line so and settle for one of these reducing wait times 2. Would provide him with a more steady income so that he didnt have to produce one offs and auction guitars to put food on the table between custom builds. I dont really see this move as him creating problems for himself but rather trying to find a solution to existing ones.

Im thinking these will be around 3000-3500$ USD. Otherwise having good wood selections and craftsmanship is unlikely. I have no clue which manufacturer will be taking these builds on but it would have to like an EBMM or PRS is my guess. PRS is imo the most similar to most ViK builds so I'll say my first guess is PRS

I would think it would be more likely that a USA company that has all ready taken on ghost building projects would be a more likely candidate. EBMM and PRS dont strike me as the type of companies that would take on a project like this. Especially when they both have pretty full plates. I think washburn is a much more likely possibility as they may make them right along side the strandberg guitars they plan on building.

ikarus

Reaction score
VIK Guitars USA just posted this on facebook:

Well, guys, it seems to be a great time to clear some air about what is this ViK Guitars USA thing and what it is all about..
First some legal facts: ViK Guitars USA is California registered LLC company, created by two dear friends and partners - Vik Kuletski and David Oh, with current HQ in El paso, TX.

The purpose of the company is pretty straight and simple: to create a bigger, faster and more affordable production line of superior guitars fully based on the original designs and principles created by luthier Vik Kuletski under ViK Guitars brand in Europe and loved by many guitar maniacs in the world.

Let's now get to more details.

1. Bigger: all of ViK Guitars USA products will be 100% US made by a well-known and long established US Custom Shop in a range that will be enough to cover the needs of the most eager customers and serving some decent stock for dedicated dealers in many places of the world. Wouldn't it be cool to check some of the ViK candy at your local dealership?

2. Faster: Being a production company (not old school fully hand built custom shop like original ViK Guitars) means the ability to produce more to meet the high demand for our superior designs, still with full guarantee of genuine authenticity and high quality of the products. And this all in just a few months since order placed.

3. More affordable: well-guided and solidly setup production line in many ways is more sophisticated method of bringing a great product to public not just faster but at better rates. Still we chose USA as our homeland for production 'cause it's known for its high quality craftsmanship culture which doesn't come cheap unfortunately. We are going to do our best to keep the prices as decent as possible for the joy and supreme service/experience you will be getting when ordering a US ViK guitar.

As a matter of fact we do keep our beliefs in handmade guitars. This is why we're currently working on creating grounds for moving to US/opening our own custom shop in Cali and serving best of luthiery to greatest people of the world sharing our vision, passion and love for Creation in the most intimate and personalized form - custom handmade.

Well, with all this said and posted we encourage you to support our beginnings in all ways possible 'cause this is going to be a great and joyful journey and it starts just a few weeks away - at NAMM'14 show! Come see us to check best of our guitars, friendly chat and get all the latest news/details of the things happening with ViK Guitars USA.

Thank you!

Yours truly,
Vik and Dave

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
While a nice statement, it doesn't really reveal much that hasn't already been covered in our speculation.

The Texas HQ, however, is rather interesting. Any thoughts why they'd plop the HQ in Texas while the company is registered in California?

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i do know dave lives in texas and dave has been sourcing alot of woods for viks for a while now

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
While a nice statement, it doesn't really reveal much that hasn't already been covered in our speculation.

The Texas HQ, however, is rather interesting. Any thoughts why they'd plop the HQ in Texas while the company is registered in California?

Insurance requirements, employment standards, and business taxes might be lower and/or more employer-friendly. Actually, they're almost DEFINITELY more employer-friendly in Texas than California, since the states have almost opposing philosophies when it comes to employment law policy :lol:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Dude, how is that even remotely relevant?! It's ALL about the fact that Rick has your back when it comes to saying Merry Christmas.

*fawk*

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
^ I think it was more the fact that they were sold auction style than being in-stocks. He'd still have made money off of customer builds, but it would have been a predetermined amount.

Bit of a shame; the only way that would have been remotely okay was if he'd stated that fact to any prospective customers when they placed an order in addition to not giving a hard and fast ETC.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Insurance requirements, employment standards, and business taxes might be lower and/or more employer-friendly. Actually, they're almost DEFINITELY more employer-friendly in Texas than California, since the states have almost opposing philosophies when it comes to employment law policy :lol:

I assumed it was going to be something like this. It is, after all, Texas. :lol: