What do you bedroom players use to play through?

• Thread starter electriceye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BouhZik

Reaction score
M Audio interface, EZmix with a few packs. I dont really want to be a producer and I have just enough time to play guitar so stuff like EZmix is just perfect for what Im doing. An interface, a DAW, Superior drummer, EZmix, a guitar and a bass. Sounds good enough if you just want to be a bedroom player IMO.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
When I'm practicing I run my guitar into my interface and use Guitar Rig as a software amp. You can import tracks into it to jam along with, but I just have my interface set as my default audio device and pick songs to jam with from my iTunes library. Everything comes through my headphones and I can adjust individual volumes for balance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
Mostly the Axe FX 2, but I also have a Yamaha THR10X and that's nice if you want to play in the kitchen... Or the bathroom.

The 1

Reaction score
I use an iRig HD 2 ($99) interface with Positive Grid's JamUp on my iPhone.
I've also tried a POD HD500 before which you can plug headphones directly into, but ultimately I found it to be more complicated than I need. I like to keep things simple and just plug and play.

The Yamaha THR10 looks cool though.

big_aug

Reaction score
I just use my amp with a decent Bluetooth speaker connected to my computer. Cheap and easy. No wires is nice.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
Marshall ms-2 mini amp. I freakin love that lil bastard. Sounds killer with the bass too especially with od channel.

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
5153S-->EVH 2x12. It gets quiet...ish enough. Was thinking of getting a volume pedal to put into it and just playing with that to adjust the volume a bit, but haven't gotten around to getting one.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
This is my 3.75w bedroom rig.

picture.php

mongey

Reaction score
I have a torpedo live to use with my recto

I also have bias fx pro on my macbook for if I am just playing in another room or something. I owned an axe fx xl for about 2 years. sold it a while ago. I'm not saying bias sounds as good as it ,but factor in price and for just home use bias comes up pretty damn good IMHO

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
For bedroom playing, I mostly use my Axe FX II through a pair of Audio Technica M50X headphones. Overall a great setup, but sometimes I just need to push some air through a regular cab, in which case I'll play my 5153 50w through a 4x12 with the volume down low. Been considering a pair of good studio monitors to play the Axe through as well.

I only ever get to jam out loud a couple of times a week when I'm home from University, but I'm more than content with my bedroom gear situation.

Milpitas Monster

Reaction score
Bedroom C.H.U.D. here...
Kemper main outs---> Pair of 5" Dynaudios
Kemper monitor out---> Return effects loop of Fryette Power Station 2---> Mesa Recto 2x12
Various pedals---> Fryette PS2 line in and effects loop---> Mesa Recto 2x12

Great Satan

Hell-o
Reaction score
Clean channel of a 20 watt tube head into a v30 1x12 with pedals (namely Catalinbread DLS and an AMT R1),
quiet as you like, much better than digital amp sims (imo, gone down that route, never again).

Shask

Reaction score
I normally use an Axe-FX II and Matrix GT1000FX/cab or ATH-M50X headphones. Sometimes I use a Triple Rectifier if I want to shake the walls with tubes.

I have also been playing with an USB interface and NI Guitar Rig 5. This is pretty cool if you are only using headphones. Lots of presets, and you can jam with MP3s easily. If you just want to jam with headphones to MP3s, I definitely think looking at an interface and amp sim software is a nice way to go. If I didn't already own piles of gear and was starting today, I would consider that route.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It should be launching at NAMM

This cheeky fvcker.

When I have to play whisper quietly, I use several VST plugins.

When I can use an amp but have to keep it somewhat quiet, I use my JC120.

When I can crank the .... out of it, I use my 5150II.

KailM

Reaction score
At home I play a 6505 through a 4 X 12. Because F--- being quiet.

All kidding aside, it does sound fine at low volumes. But I know how to EQ...