What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
P1000342.jpg

The black M-II.

It was my first high end guitar and was bought for me for my 21st birthday. I traded it for another Loomis that I only went on to sell anyway. Wish I'd kept it, it had the coolest, most stable neck of any guitar I've ever played. It just wasn't phased by any amount of string gauge and tuning changes I made on it, it was just like "No worries dude, I'm still awesome".

I kind of regret selling the white KV2 as well because I didn't like how it sounded through the ENGL Powerball I was running it through at the time, in hindsight the Powerball was just a shit sounding amp and the guitar probably sounded awesome through anything else.

Seriously, fuck that amp. I wish I'd trusted my instincts and bought a Mesa straight away instead of wasting time and money trying to be different and buying that heap of shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

daniel_95

Reaction score
imgres

I traded my precious RG7321fm for a Schecter Omen 8 which was probably the stupidest decision I've made in a long while. I still occasionally dream of playing it on stage with KoRn in front of the Rock am Ring crowd.

Last edited:

Pat_tct

Reaction score
The only guitar that I miss a little, was my very first one. a shitty gio ibanez rg.
i gave it to a friend for free to keep it.

He startet playing guitar and mking music himself so it was for good purpose I guess.

But I miss this guitar. it startet all with this one.

at least someone enjoyed playing it and i hadn't touched for a year or so, before i gave it away

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
This thread breaks my heart. Somewhere out there is a black Fender Jim Root Tele that I miss... although it's being put to good use by a good guy in a church band (praise the Lord). Elsewhere, however, there is a douchebag who tried to turn a quick profit on an EVH Wolfgang Special that I had to sell in a moment of empty walletedness. Nothing is worse than saying goodbye to a great guitar and seeing it go to someone who never cared to appreciate it the same way you wish you would have.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
P1000342.jpg

The black M-II.

It was my first high end guitar and was bought for me for my 21st birthday. I traded it for another Loomis that I only went on to sell anyway. Wish I'd kept it, it had the coolest, most stable neck of any guitar I've ever played. It just wasn't phased by any amount of string gauge and tuning changes I made on it, it was just like "No worries dude, I'm still awesome".

I kind of regret selling the white KV2 as well because I didn't like how it sounded through the ENGL Powerball I was running it through at the time, in hindsight the Powerball was just a shit sounding amp and the guitar probably sounded awesome through anything else.

Seriously, fuck that amp. I wish I'd trusted my instincts and bought a Mesa straight away instead of wasting time and money trying to be different and buying that heap of shit.

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
This thread breaks my heart. Somewhere out there is a black Fender Jim Root Tele that I miss... although it's being put to good use by a good guy in a church band (praise the Lord). Elsewhere, however, there is a douchebag who tried to turn a quick profit on an EVH Wolfgang Special that I had to sell in a moment of empty walletedness. Nothing is worse than saying goodbye to a great guitar and seeing it go to someone who never cared to appreciate it the same way you wish you would have.

Like "craigslist ninjas"?

:lol:

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Here is the short list.

1. Warrior fully armed soldier prototype
2. BC Rich Mockingbird Archtop supreme signed by Bernie Senior
3. Hamer Mirage II in blue
4. Hamer blitz quilt top (1 of only 3 made)
5. Hamer Vector V
6. Mason bernard SS
7. Jackson KV2
8. Guild X-82 nova
9. Terry McInturff Glory Standard
10. BC rich ST 3

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Like "craigslist ninjas"?

:lol:

Hahaha... touche :fawk:
I'm not the love 'em and leave 'em type... I just always seem to score good deals. If I'm gonna flip something, I'll usually tell the seller right off the bat. Our islands are much smaller than yours... burning bridges here is not wise.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Ok, let's see...

The only ones I really miss are the ones I didn't get amazing deals out of (tradewise). I traded my ec1000 for a strat which I then traded for my RG2120, so that's ok.

My Carvin 727:

DSC_0411.jpg

My Ibanez RG550:

DSC_0123.jpg

My Charcel Spectrum:

DSC_0001.jpg

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ibanez Universe (UV7BK Green Dot). Owned it for about a year and traded it in so I could buy an amp (Randall Warhead stack). I wasn't playing it as much as my 6's at the time and NEEDED an amp. Had to do it, but have regretted it ever since then. I hope to get another one day.

Reaction score
My old '93 Ibanez RG470 build project I did way back. I had put a neck from an RG570 on it. The neck had the nicest profile on it. I thought was a normal Wizard at the time as it was the only one I had ever played, but after playing other OG Wizard necks after I sold it I realised that it was a modifed profile. It was a like really super thin C shape. I miss that neck. Now that I really think about it I really fucking miss that guitar. It was my first experience putting a guitar together. I pretty much sold it because I did a shitty wiring job on it. :noplease: I hate myself.

_c878198_image_0.jpg

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
Ibanez Universe (UV7BK Green Dot). Owned it for about a year and traded it in so I could buy an amp (Randall Warhead stack). I wasn't playing it as much as my 6's at the time and NEEDED an amp. Had to do it, but have regretted it ever since then. I hope to get another one day.

I almost neg-rep'd you for that :lol:

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
This OLP Axis. Best finish ever, sounded great and very twangy and tight, and I'm never going to find another one of them. :wallbash:
U0IUs.jpg

Green_jelly88

Pancake batfish
Reaction score
Ibanez SZ520. Can't quite really recall why I ever sold it. Luckily it's still in the possession of a close friend, so I'll probably get to buy it back in the case he ever gets bored of it - which I doubt he will.

Latest posts