What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ihunda

Reaction score
I sold this RG470, big mistake, that was a very well made japanese model, I sold it for less than the price of the 3 EMGs in it :( :( :( :wallbash:

I didn't know better at the time, I though Ibanez were bad guitars. Only after trying some indonesian ibanez and playing with an agile that I realized, oops those fujigen RG 1990s guitars were the shit...

RG4701.jpg

RG4705.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
My first guitar. It was just a piece of trash Ibanez GAX30 but god damn, one does not simply sell their first guitar. I did. :(

Edit: And the best thing was that I had carved a very bad inverted cross on the body and we sold it to some 10-year old kid. :lol:

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
i would say my ibanez rx20..hah it was my first electric guitar that i got from my uncle..it was pretty bad, and i sold it for 50 bucks at the local shop to upgrade to my rga121 prestige. it was noisy and cheap but it worked. this was the exact model

Ibanez%20RX20%20(Original).jpg

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
My ESP Eclipse II, M-II deluxe, and my Jackson Kevin Bond sig. Now I'm all sad and shit.

Being intermittently poor sucks.

metale

Reaction score
My Epi LP. Bought new in '98, my first guitar. After I left the bands it stayed on it's case under my bed for a couple of years until I sold it to a friend for 350 euros. Spent the following 4 years trying to buy it back, and ended up doing just that, for 700 euros.

Recent pic, after ripping out the emgs:
DSC_2225Large.jpg

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
I miss my 1992 ESP Mark IV bass (P/J), it was such a beautiful instrument to play, and foolishly in the mid 90`s I sold it. One day I hope to track down another !!!.

That also goes for my B.C Rich Warlock guitar too !!!.

:(

Metale,

That is a beautiful Les Paul !!!. :)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
My Ibanez SV prestige. Bought it in April 2010, sold it to buy a new couch for my apartment...
I miss the versatility and comfort of that guitar. Ibby needs to bring them back.

ihunda

Reaction score
^very sad as well, those guitars have been separated from their masters

nsimonsen

Reaction score
I had an RGA121 in the Violin finish that I sold out of desperation, upon selling it I landed a new job and actually realised that I didn't need to sell it at all.

I miss that guitar a heap :(

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I try not to get too attached to things because I sell everything eventually, but I've sold a couple for no reason that I ended up regretting. I have guitars I think are neat, more so than I've shared a bond with if that makes sense. It usually is GAS and ends up not being worth it in the long run. Usually if I make a rushed decision I regret the outcome. I'll share two tales of regret.

My brother put a premium RG1xxv on layaway and then with how things worked out, he wasn't going to be able to pick it up as soon as he thought. I can't remember how it came to this, but I ended up hooking him up with a deal on my 770 so he could sell it and get his premium sooner. He ended up trading it for a charvel(he asked first, and I actually ended up with it eventually) I almost had him cancel the trade before it went through, but I didn't because I was worried about the him being the dick because I backed out of a trade and I regret not doing that because that 770 was really nice.

I traded an american deluxe strat and some cash for a jp6 which I didn't like nearly as much. Then I traded that Jp6 for a K7 and cash. I like the k7 more than the jp6, but probably not as much as the strat deluxe.

You don't know what you have until its gone, the grass is always greener on the other side, and hindsight is 20-20.

If it doesn't get enough play time I sell it and give it a good home. No regrets, ever.

Reading this makes me feel surprisingly better. As of right now I have 6 guitars and I want to downsize, and I like the way you think. I realistically can't give the guitars the play time they deserve. My guitar collection would make more sense if I had some diversity, but it is with the exception of my newest acquisition (ngd thread when I get around to it) I have all ibanez RGs with humbuckers.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I had a Gibson Explorer Gothic which was awesome. Extremely well built and comfortable to play with. I sold it and bought a Schecter Blackjack 7 + cash. Didn't like at all. Sold it again and got a Gibson LP Studio Vintage Mahogany.

I really dig my LP, but I probably lost money in those transactions. Plus, the Explorer's ebony board played like a dream :(

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
There are far too many. GAS + regularly being broke means I've moved some that I wished I hadn't.
Biggest regrets, ESP Horizon NT-II (neck sanded to matte and it was amazing), Gibson Gothic Explorer, and, to a less degree, I miss my ESP LTD FX 400 (spalted maple top was amazing) and my ESP LTD H 400 (cock stock and amber flame burst).

PICS!!
ESP Horizon:
bottomup.jpg

buffedout.jpg

Gibson Gothic Explorer:
exp.jpg

ESP LTD FX 400:
fxlong.jpg

fx400back.jpg

ESP LTD H 400:
IMG_6135.jpg

My old ESP LTD M-1000 and ESP M-II Deluxe are sorely missed as well.
m1000body2.jpg

m1000back.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I had severe So Cal GAS forever till I played one. It sounded great, looked amazing, but that neck is a bat compared to what I was expecting! Japanese Pro Mod version, but I thought those necks were supposed to be thinner.

prashanthan

Reaction score
Only guitar I've sold/traded that I miss is my old LTD DV8-R Dave Mustaine sig. Everything about it was great, and I haven't touched another 6 string that I've enjoyed playing anywhere near as much.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
I had an RGA8 with lundgren pickups (meshuggah pickups) that I bought for 650 bucks on ebay and then resold for like 900. I would buy it back again for way more than that now :(