What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
My Ibanez HD1500 arrived after being in transit for 11 days, even though the seller is a four hour drive away from my home.... Its almost in mint condition, same with my DM1100.

Need a rack case and better cable's/cable management. I also need to spend time with the different input's/output's these units have. The HD1500 and DM1100 have some extra tricks up their sleeve that ive not messed around with yet.

View attachment 125421

Man, that looks amazing. Just screams to turn some knobs, whereas like pedal delays, don't do it too much for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, that looks amazing. Just screams to turn some knobs, whereas like pedal delays, don't do it too much for me.
Its extremely capable, obviously you can use delay to create chorus, flanging, echo etc so i have a few sounds at my disposal. When you start to lean on the modulation side of things it becomes almost synth like.
From my perspective, these racks are the same as any sought after Ibanez pedal, albeit way more capable 🤌

You should loot Japan for some old Ibanez/Maxon/Vesta/Guyatone rack units 🤝

Reaction score
Bought myself a Harley benton and some upgrades, really looking forward to it.

159606_480984_18030977.jpg

510UB-C.jpg

15215998_800.jpg

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Found a JP15 with a really nice top on GC's website for fairly cheap. The stock picture was awful which is probably part of the reason it did not sell immediately lmao. I had to call the store and have them send pics to get an idea of what even the color was.

norbert_jr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
waiting for the REVV Tilt Boost to arrive here in germany! Already had the Tilt Overdrive (where the Boost is included) but as i only used the boost side and the pedal itself is a bit to big for my current board, i sold it to get the new boost only pedal.
even though i usa a quad cortex – the tilt just cleans up and tightens my signal like no other pedal or eq does. and the captures i created with my old tilt just could keep up with the real pedal. so this is just the best alwasy on pedal IMO!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
ok that HB junior is hot as hell? Do I get one later?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Would any of you guys currently buy an AZ? To me right now they seem pretty cool and good for my needs (which aren’t much) but I want it to be from them actually being good designs and not FOMO/Trendy, you feel me? I might even go after a used Erik Hansel sig

norbert_jr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i
Would any of you guys currently buy an AZ? To me right now they seem pretty cool and good for my needs (which aren’t much) but I want it to be from them actually being good designs and not FOMO/Trendy, you feel me? I might even go after a used Erik Hansel sig
really dig the classic look of an AZ, but pricewise i'd go to pick up a schecter NJ HSS strat!
got one of the import diamond series and this is a killer strat! honestly the best i ever played and to myself the neck feels more comfy than some ibanez i played

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Depends on the model. I really, really like my AZ24047, the HSS 7-string. I think it's really on its own in the market, barring custom or boutique options.

One of the more common non-7 and non-Prestige models have more competition, so it's hard to say without knowing what's drawing you to them.

I don't think there's any particular "special sauce", they're pretty flexible, have fairly stacked spec sheets, and aren't "too this" or "too that" to put off most players.

Could you get like 90% the way there with a MIM Player Strat for like half the price? You bet.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
waiting for the REVV Tilt Boost to arrive here in germany! Already had the Tilt Overdrive (where the Boost is included) but as i only used the boost side and the pedal itself is a bit to big for my current board, i sold it to get the new boost only pedal.
even though i usa a quad cortex – the tilt just cleans up and tightens my signal like no other pedal or eq does. and the captures i created with my old tilt just could keep up with the real pedal. so this is just the best alwasy on pedal IMO!

Was the OD side noisy? I've heard that complaint from some others and it's why I've hesitated to buy one so far.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Depends on the model. I really, really like my AZ24047, the HSS 7-string. I think it's really on its own in the market, barring custom or boutique options.

One of the more common non-7 and non-Prestige models have more competition, so it's hard to say without knowing what's drawing you to them.

I don't think there's any particular "special sauce", they're pretty flexible, have fairly stacked spec sheets, and aren't "too this" or "too that" to put off most players.

Could you get like 90% the way there with a MIM Player Strat for like half the price? You bet.
That’s the thing, a strat is definitely enough and there’s enough cool and different offerings from even squire that it’s tough

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s the thing, a strat is definitely enough and there’s enough cool and different offerings from even squire that it’s tough

If you're not chasing the spec sheet (roasted neck, stainless steel frets, etc) I'd probably go Fender.

I say that as someone who generally likes Ibanez and owns an AZ.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

I own every Squier and a bunch of Schecters (USA and Import). If you're looking for a Strat experience for under $1k I'd recommend:

Schecter NJ Import HSS (or SSS, but I love HSS with basically an SD '78 sounding bridge pickup)
Schecter Jack Fowler (HH Strat)
Schecter MV6 (new, no demos, but killer specs)
Schecter Traditional (HSS)
Sire S7
Squier Contemporary HH
Squier CV Strat (several versions)
Squier 40th Anniversary
Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage (has a satin finish that feels like nitro, plus aged hardware)
Fender Player (cheaper bc older model) or Player Plus (newer, one of the best reviewed Strats ever)
PRS SE Silver Sky (killer pickups and you can find them new for $650 now)
Sterling Cutlass

feilong29

Reaction score
Dammit did you get shuhei's?
Haha, the black one? SURE DID! I had to bro! I miss Japan so much, and I'd buy everything if I was still there. Got a good deal on it as well. Yue Ryu is selling a 48th Street Custom, blue, with maple fretboard if interested!

DECEMBER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a Peavey Invective 20 out for delivery today. And an Eminence DV-77 waiting to plug into it.
And an Ashly 2 channel 7 band parametric EQ for stereo guitar amps' FX loops, just shipped.
Also waiting for a Jackson Audio New Wave chorus, stereo I/O, analog w/digital control and presets. Actually had one for a week but it died. Apparently it has power supply issues. So I'm waiting for a replacement and for Jackson to send me a proper power supply.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My matrix GT800FX I agreed to buy in 2020? has finally arrived. Realizing I need rack screws and possibly different cables to try it :lol:.

Aside from trying a treble booster, im pretty much all set. Love it.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Haha, the black one? SURE DID! I had to bro! I miss Japan so much, and I'd buy everything if I was still there. Got a good deal on it as well. Yue Ryu is selling a 48th Street Custom, blue, with maple fretboard if interested!

Damn, I put up two guitars for sale but it sold like an hour or two before I got sale confirmations on the other two. You win this round! (but I'm totally going to get the next roope sig).

Anything Ryu's selling is stuff I typically already passed on when it was half the price so not really my thing.

Last edited: