What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
okehm2ihb4a6est8kgqr.jpg

on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broangiel

Reaction score
okehm2ihb4a6est8kgqr.jpg

on the way
My six-string Majesty Monarchy (in the same finish!) is my #1. LOVE that guitar. It was also my first EBMM and completely sold me on the brand; I have 11 now. I've thought about getting a seven-string Monarchy to "complete the set," but I'm still collecting pieces that are unique to my collection. Enjoy it!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Picking up a Line 6 DT25 head this week. Gonna be using it with a greenback loaded 1x12 for some use with my helix.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Traded the Vox AD120VTX I got for my dad for a Peavey Windsor head. Gonna pick up something smaller for him for Father's Day, like a Yamaha THR10/30 or a Positive Grid Spark. I got the Vox thinking it'd be perfect with all the stuff in it and it's loud enough if he wants to jam with anyone... But then I thought about it and I'm pretty sure my mom would give me the, "Where the hell is he going to put that?" stare :lol:

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Got a used THR10ii to send to my parent's house for when we visit with our kiddo for a week or so this summer (my dad also plays so he'll now have a tiny amp to play through instead of lame computer speakers).

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This week's gear purchase, the Metaltronix M-1000 sold as "no complaints, no returns", arrived working, despite the delivery guy slamming it sideways to the ground with nothing more than one layer of bubble wrap around it. However, it was internally the dirtiest/dustiest amp I have ever bought, which says something given my usual sourcing of amps from old storage and warehouses.

However, wrapping up today's project of cleaning it off, and trying to get the pots a bit less crackly. Best before/after story of any amp I've touched:

AJFCJaVsr0io8w57luMO-RsIxbj1l-7v_VgeIDttAxBsrLmN8D9tCmVvo7Mm4b49B7As93CfC7SeB8hXKYSwHkVbMDfrrBqxH49uA5gKmoiuNauUcha2sEAuhcB-b7EZN9mYmUXm5zTBdxod2OC9h6ndW_xO2Q=w2446-h1835-s-no

No before pics around I think, but man, it's like brand new apart from the rusty transformers!

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Are the transformers even rusty? Laminates look fine to me it's just the covers that are brown in your pic

narad

Reaction score
Are the transformers even rusty? Laminates look fine to me it's just the covers that are brown in your pic

Yea, just the covers. But spoke too soon -- put it all back together and the 4th tube isn't lighting up. Swapped the tubes, same spot doesn't light up, so I guess something got messed up in the socket. The tubes were like rusted into the sockets, so getting them out wasn't easy. Maybe something got pulled :-/ I'm hoping I can fix this myself... the last 2 things that went to the amp tech were also trivial things I imagine he fixed in 10 minutes but spent a couple hours in logistics.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Traded a pair of BKP Warpigs I was gonna put in my ESP, but decided not to, for a Positive Grid Spark and the footswitch for my dad for Father's Day... This thing is honestly kind of awesome :lol:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and I found new aluminum hats for my Epiphone that match perfectly. They’re also much easier to grip for the push/pull. $10 on Amazon well spent IMO. The clear plastic ones (3rd pic) look good on the Muse but looked cheap on this.

30E060B1-BF25-4C8B-BEDC-8709B57A1143.jpeg
4A890001-C86C-4729-A945-D73240A7477D.jpeg
DE18B35C-5C63-4AFF-8437-2ED5217C185B.jpeg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Debating trading my lp classic towards an AV2 jazzmaster but blue or sunburst ? Then i dont need to want a bound and blocked jm anymore..

feilong29

Reaction score
Damn, I put up two guitars for sale but it sold like an hour or two before I got sale confirmations on the other two. You win this round! (but I'm totally going to get the next roope sig).

Anything Ryu's selling is stuff I typically already passed on when it was half the price so not really my thing.
Bruh...the Kamikaze arrived with the headstock split in half. I am crushed! Ruined my whole damn weekend :'(

narad

Reaction score
Bruh...the Kamikaze arrived with the headstock split in half. I am crushed! Ruined my whole damn weekend :'(

Yea, sorry dude, Shuhei showed me the pics. Shipping to the US is such a lottery these days. But see how the insurance claim goes -- it looked like the situation was very similar to when I shipped a horizon to another SSO member and the headstock went through the top of the box labeled "TOP". In that case they paid the full amount. Unfortunately I hadn't declared the full amount.

norbert_jr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was the OD side noisy? I've heard that complaint from some others and it's why I've hesitated to buy one so far.
sorry for the late replay!
it definitely is – now that the boost is here, i can say that this is also a bit noisy in my setup, but playing it in the loop of my REVV G8 noise gate, it's silent af. so that is my workaround and probably the reason, why the captures with the QC didn't work quiet good.
not it's in front of the input (in the G8's loop) and works so good. subtle but if i turn it off, i instantly feel and hear whats missing. so defiitely a great buy, even if it's noisy