What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Speakers and tubes.
I ordered more V30s and G12T75s the other day, but after listening to tons of 212 vs 412 cab videos today, I think I decided that it is time to quit messing around and get 2 good oversized 412 cabs. They just have THE sound I want.

The 212 cabs, even the oversized ones, seem to lack the low and high end, and just sound too middy. I think this is one reason why I always have to scoop everything so much.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welp, I was mentioning S621's yesterday and then found a used one I couldn't pass up, too good of a deal.

Shask

Reaction score
There’s a Walrus sale for Memorial Day on top of the Fundamental series already being on sale so, I impulse bought these three. I’ve never had a fuzz before so I’m most excited for that.

I have always wondered why more pedals dont use sliders. You would think people would enjoy that for tactile feel and tweaking.

slippityslaps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There’s a Walrus sale for Memorial Day on top of the Fundamental series already being on sale so, I impulse bought these three. I’ve never had a fuzz before so I’m most excited for that.
Not pictured, but I love the Walrus Ages. I run it after my other distortion/OD and play around with the blend knob a lot. It's awesome.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always wondered why more pedals dont use sliders. You would think people would enjoy that for tactile feel and tweaking.

They're more expensive, harder to cut an enclosure for, and harder to mount :2c: Pots you just PCB mount and drill a hole, sliders need a slot etc etc etc

Shask

Reaction score
They're more expensive, harder to cut an enclosure for, and harder to mount :2c: Pots you just PCB mount and drill a hole, sliders need a slot etc etc etc
Yeah, I know they dont make that many of them either. I know Freyette talked about looking into see if sliders even existed that he could use before he created the Synergy modules.

However, I think if they are used more, they could be produced in a more convenient / cost effective way. They seem to niche the way it is now.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Good point. I wonder how Walrus can offer those pedals so cheap

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dust and dirt seem to get in to the open slider bits more easily. That's always been a slight negative in my view for a slider option.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Gonna get another set of 12-54 XL’s so I can swap tuners on the goldtop.

Shask

Reaction score
Dust and dirt seem to get in to the open slider bits more easily. That's always been a slight negative in my view for a slider option.
Yeah, my house is a dustbowl, and I always worry my MXR 10 Band is gonna get all scratchy.

Usually they at least have the little plastic or cloth type things in the grooves to block them.