What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So my bass adventures are continuing:

Found an Attitude 75M that comes with the scalloping and D-tuner as standard. Apparently just has a 3 way switch? May order a guitar fetish pre-wired harness.

View attachment 145201

Have to keep the bridge pickup the same for obvious reasons

View attachment 145199

But will change the neck pickup (still haven't got the bass so not sure if I need to route) Duncan SMB-4a...
View attachment 145200

Ordering a custom pickguard now from pickguard heaven.....
nooooo stick with a standard P in the middle. If anything, reverse it like older Yamaha BB basses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting to buy a Digitech EX7 AND another Line 6 Echo Park... but here we are. :lol:

It's funny because I saw another Echo Park pop up earlier this morning for pretty cheap, but I was thinking "Naah, I'm sure an even cheaper one will pop up." Lo and behold... it did, and even better condition lol

lost_horizon

Reaction score
nooooo stick with a standard P in the middle. If anything, reverse it like older Yamaha BB basses.
Well Billy Sheehan has a woofer pickup but a Sting Ray is my other favourite bass but I was thinking why not both?

I was looking at getting Guitarfetish Alnico pickups + the wiring hardness in PJ but it worked out about the same price as buying used Seymour Duncans.

Would need a new pickguard for the reverse P.

Some people already upgrade to Dimarzios, it might already be upgraded, its getting delivered in about 2 weeks.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well Billy Sheehan has a woofer pickup but a Sting Ray is my other favourite bass but I was thinking why not both?

I was looking at getting Guitarfetish Alnico pickups + the wiring hardness in PJ but it worked out about the same price as buying used Seymour Duncans.

Would need a new pickguard for the reverse P.

Some people already upgrade to Dimarzios, it might already be upgraded, its getting delivered in about 2 weeks.
Oh wait I assumed you were gonna replace the P with the MM pickup, didn't realize you were gonna do the actual Billy setup.

If you want more high end I think a MM in the *actual* neck position (Sheehan neck position) would work out due to their brightness.

sonofabias

Reaction score
I just ordered a custom shop 2/12 pro from Engl hq , this morning (16 weeks production period) , expecting a Z4 floor pedal and a quad of KT77 valves as well in about a week..hopefully , considering how customs sometimes fuck with shit lol 😆 It will be my second one , I’ll use two with my SE/FE for bigger gigs. 🤟🏼IMG_0442.jpeg

sonofabias

Reaction score
I just ordered a custom shop 2/12 pro from Engl hq , this morning (16 weeks production period) , expecting a Z4 floor pedal and a quad of KT77 valves as well in about a week..hopefully , considering how customs sometimes fuck with shit lol 😆 It will be my second one , I’ll use two with my SE/FE for bigger gigs. 🤟🏼View attachment 145221
So much for my shipment from Engl arriving in about a week , it just showed up at my door this morning 😎
I’m pleasantly surprised 🤟🏼IMG_0492.jpegIMG_0492.jpeg

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Debating ditching my Asabi for a different drive. I REALLY like the boost side, but I already have plenty of ODs between my Bloom, Golden Boy and OD-200, but I can't seem to get along with the distortion side. It's too fuzzy for me and, while I'd love to try the RAT module, that pedal is known for being even more fuzzy than the Guv'nor that's in it, so I'm not hopeful it'll do what I want...

The Kernom Ridge is at the top of my list right now. I was going to get the Jackson Audio Optimist, but I haven't historically cared much for Klons and while I love the Timmy, I'd potentially be in the same situation as the Asabi, only using one side... The Ridge seems super interesting and has the potential to also replace my Golden Boy. I'm also really interested in the Nova Drive since they're pretty cheap and I do still really want to have a RAT on my board - the clips of it seem to not be nearly as fuzzy as other clones I've seen.

Of course, the pedal I'm most interested in is the Chase Bliss Brothers, but $350-400 for a used pedals is steep. If I could replace two pedals it could maybe be worth it, but I'm not convinced it's better than the others on my list... Wish I could try one first. I like the idea of it being more it's own thing than a clone of something else - I have a lot of models to choose from in the OD-200, so something a bit more unique would be cool and it's distortion/fuzz side actually sounds really good in clips, too...

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Well the Roadster headshell ended up being completely destroyed because of a hillbilly packing job so that's on the way back. It didn't bother me much though because I got the Jackson at an amazing price right after. Also put in a order for a 2 channel dual rectifier so fingers crossed that arrives in one piece.
God hates me. The dual rec arrived and has intermittent volume drops even with different tubes 😭. Shame because it sounds great too.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I basically avoid buying from the US at all costs these days... when I convert the prices into yen, it's just astoundingly high. But I couldn't let this pass by for $3k...

rz90pcjhgm9444rvewx9.jpg

Honu_Audio

Reaction score
A cable so I can run a Micro Dark with a powerbank
IMG_2055.jpeg

Looking for a cable that work with my Joyo Zombie II next. Would like to have both powered by a power bank.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen this guitar pop up a few times and the control layout never matches the pics. There is definitely a second selector on the photos but it's not listed in the specs. Anyone know what it is?

Mode selector for the Fishmans.

JSil13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mentioned I was on the lookout for a 5 string bass and after watching a bunch of demos and reading threads on talkbass I made a decision. I ordered a CBXNT DX V aka the Jackenbacker or Rickenjacker whichever name you prefer. I know a lot of people dislike the look of this bass, but it's grown on me since it was first announced and all the videos on it make it sound pretty mean. I was originally going to go with the red burst but then I'd have to make a black pickguard, so I went with white. So now I'll have a 5 string PJ bass and my mudbucker jazz bass for all my recordings.

Here's my jazz. It's a Squier body with a licensed Fender 70's neck, Fender Pure Vintage 74 pickups and a random mudbucker. Each pickup has individual volumes. I never really use the mudbucker much but I've started using all three pickups for the past few recordings. I kind of want to wire it with it's own input jack so I can track 2 bass tracks at once.

I'll post pictures when the Jackenbacker gets here.
IMG_4547.jpeg