What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yuck, I don't want a Les Paul without a maple cap and neck. Preferably one that doesn't have a neck like a baseball bat sawn in half moonlighting as a guitar neck.

slippityslaps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Strange how we hear things differently. Personally, I don't like hearing the blend - at least not when I am playing one.
Preferences! In my experience bringing in more of the dry signal gives me more clarity which is very important to me. I got spoiled with an OD that has a blend, followed by a compressor that has a blend, so now I feel like I can't get a distortion pedal without one.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The guy who sold me the System 10 gave me a heart attack because it was clipping at the slightest strum. I thought the unit was dead or just sucked

Nah, there's a hidden input trim on the transmitter and he had the fucker ALL the way up lmao. Easy fix

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Spent a couple hours this afternoon with my HX Stomp to finally learn how it works and also I was curious about the built in drives and how they compare to my pedals. The drives are really good, I just dismissed them as being digital and that they wouldn't sound that great outside of with their modeling, but I was definitely wrong. As a boost, I like it better than anything else on my board.

My individual pedals definitely seem to have quite a bit more gain range than the similar models in the Stomp for the most part. The KoT is similar in range to my Golden Boy, but the Golden Boy absolutely destroys it as a drive in front of a clean amp - as a drive into a dirty amp, the Stomp's KoT is much better. I don't really care for the RAT in it, so I'm hoping the Large Mouse module for my Asabi works better there. The HM-2 also isn't nearly as good as the OD-200's X-Metal, which is similar in grind but better in every single way - still, not really a sound I need since I have several high gain amps. The boost on the Asabi still fairs really well to the Stomp, but my main boost on my board has been the OD-1 setting in the OD-200 and I much prefer the SD-1 in the Stomp.

Gonna give it some more time and decide what to do next, but I might end up selling several of my ODs in favor of the Helix models. That said - I also made a bunch of patches with my expression pedal and that thing is just way too fun. I spent at least an hour messing around with the pitch and wah effects. Also pretty cool to assign a drive's gain control to it and play clean passages and then switch to super heavy chugging and back without any effort.

Now I gotta figure out what to do with all the empty space on the board if I do end up moving some drives... Was gonna pick up a Wampler Pantheon Deluxe and a Kernom Ridge but I'm not sure if I need either now...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Took a gamble on one of these that showed up at GC at a great price compared to the other ones listed. Hopefully will be here by next weekend.

View attachment 145439

So in an exceptionally high level of fail this item that was listed as "Used Fender Tone Master 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head" is actually one of these

So that will be going back as soon as I get a chance to run it over to GC

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
So in an exceptionally high level of fail this item that was listed as "Used Fender Tone Master 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head" is actually one of these

So that will be going back as soon as I get a chance to run it over to GC
Bummer. I didn't even know they made a Tone Master head, so I was intrigued to see how it was, too bad it didn't work out!

Also, forgot to mention that I bought a Sonicake Levitate on AliExpress earlier for stupid cheap. It sounds pretty good in videos, especially for the price, and my daughter is super into pedals lately and wants to learn more guitar. So, I'm going to make a small board for her with the extra tuner I have, the Levitate and the Notaklon and OD-1 her and I are building, plus maybe a wah or something. She spent all day drawing it out and coloring how she wants us to paint it and gave me the plans haha!

I also got a decibel meter cause I've been wanting one but they're all ~$100 on Amazon. $30 on AliExpress! This way I can properly A/B things based on volume.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Finally nailed it down, I'm gonna ditch my Gus G & Hellraiser to pick up an EC-201FT and just throw an EMG81 in the bridge. Last time I bought a new guitar, it was my Tele and it's been dynamite to me, so I like to think it'll be another W.

I don't need anything fancy, just a no frills riff machine and that's what these are meant to be.