Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 441 59.4%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 125 16.8%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 54 7.3%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 122 16.4%

• Total voters

Domkid118

Knives and Wolves
Reaction score
I play in a Hardcore/metalcore band called Charon (uk) we gig at least once a week, when were not writing, we do the odd weekender every other month, and try and have at least 3-4 tours a year :shred:

Charon | Facebook

Nmaster

Reaction score
In the process of writing songs. We're set to go on tour this summer with a local band that has played quite a few shows and toured once or twice.

I'm freakin' stoked. :) Just need to find a permanent vocalist in the coming months and practice practice practice 'til my fingers bleed. :shred: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ocean_Ashes

Reaction score
I have my first practice today with a rock band I formed with two friends that I met at a talentclass, and another dude that was in this year´s talent class. Our singer is one of the most famous dutch youtubers, haha. The dude is 20 and already makes a living with youtube :lol:. It´s a crazy time we´re living in.

Anyway, the band looks pretty promising, but I still wanna play technical death metal, yet I seem to be the only person that wants to :(

Chris Migdalski

Reaction score
Greetings ss.org!!! I thought this was a interesting thread to find this morning, anyway....I'm the guitarist for Diabolic Intent which officially formed in 98' after a very ruff start. We have alot of history playing in Florida since then with occasional stints outside the state and even traveling to South Africa in 06. Over the years we've had a few great oppurtunities to open for bands like Lamb of God, Trivium to Cannibal Corpse which was really nice...After a looonnggg dragggged out dry spell due to me trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my left side (I have Parkinson's) For the first time in 4 years we've done I think 5 gigs since January. Not nowhere like we used to do but the highlight was getting to open for Obituary which was really cool.

* This may need a new thread but i have a question -
When I mention to people (like co-workers, friends or family) that I played a gig over the weekend, why is it I'm always asked how much money did I make? Not did you have fun or how did it go? I feel that to be a bit too much... is that a common question that is asked? I never know how to answer that.....

BC8String

Reaction score
Hey guys... I play guitar in SkyPivot from Northern California. We just finished tracking our new EP and will be released soon. I guess if I had to name bands that influenced us it would be: Deftones, Meshuggah, Taproot, Tool, ... whatever has great rhythm!
http://youtu.be/GlIOCj_bkr0

guitarguyMT

Reaction score
Look! A Dragon!

I'm the guitarist, and we're a three piece sorta stoney-tech-death-somethin-or-another kinda metal band. We're just finishing up our first set list; gonna take a couple months to lock everything up real tight, and hopefully start gigging as frequently as the people here will let us :lol:

SjPedro

Reaction score
I play in a rock prog band called touch of god here in Portugal and we do some summer gigs from time to time.the rock/metal scene is truly bad in our area and it gets difficult but hey,st doesn't stop us :hbang:

spring

Reaction score
I rock my bedroom every night. Well I was a singer when I was schooling. My voice, not perfect but averagely I could sing. At first I wanted to join with a band but unfortunately because of my studies and I had to be a part of my home, so I did not get any opportunity.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in two bands, the first of which is a Foo Fighters/Black Keys/Drive-By Truckers influenced rock and roll band called Tim Browning & The Widowmakers. I joined in to play mainly rhythm guitar, but I share leads with another guitar player, while our third guitar/vocalist is strictly rhythm. I've been with these guys for a little over a year and we have played quite a few shows, probably twenty or so which is busy for us since we are very spread apart, three guys have kids etc.

The other band I'm in is a four piece pop punk/melodic hardcore band called Lost Swimmer, which I've been working with for the past seven months or so. Before playing our first show, we had already banged out a four song EP and got the ball rolling on merch. This helped tremendously to get some buzz going around about us and we played our first show this past Saturday and already have six or seven more shows booked up until June.

ProgCorey

Reaction score
Sure am gigging! I'm the guitarist for Dyssidia.

Here's a nice photo of me and my seven with the band from the last show;

Dyssidia.jpg

danbobdavis

Reaction score
I play guitar for Artifice. We've released a teaser and one demo song and so far, the local scene has liked it. We've all played in bands that were popular in the area but never made it too far, so we're hoping this time is a bit different. Our first show is this Saturday and we're all extremely excited about it!