Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Built a new comp today for the first time in my life, can't believe it actually turned on!

hv6o8j.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to Legos for grown-ups! Enjoy your stay and keep an eye on your wallet!

I see your Legos for grown ups and just raise you LEGO that are marked at adults

My Slave 1 set ran me back around $200, and then my X-Wing and TIE Fighter set? Each was around $100, not to mention those are the throwback versions to match my current iteration of the X-Wing and Kylo Ren's TIE Interceptor. I've probably spent probably $600 in the last year for LEGOs, and there's another set I want that's $350 and baller as shit.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I see your Legos for grown ups and just raise you LEGO that are marked at adults

My Slave 1 set ran me back around $200, and then my X-Wing and TIE Fighter set? Each was around $100, not to mention those are the throwback versions to match my current iteration of the X-Wing and Kylo Ren's TIE Interceptor. I've probably spent probably $600 in the last year for LEGOs, and there's another set I want that's $350 and baller as shit.

Yeah even as a kid it blew my mind how expensive LEGO tubs were. I remember it was as always at least $60 for a tiny little set.
Those guys are business geniuses.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah even as a kid it blew my mind how expensive LEGO tubs were. I remember it was as always at least $60 for a tiny little set.
Those guys are business geniuses.

It really is atrocious, but they do put a shit ton of engineering into them and have certain build standards they adhere to, so it in itself is sort of an art form, and I can't really fight the level that they're willing to protect their brand/identity to.

If I commit to the Porsche/Bugatti sets, that right there is $750, and I sort of want a Millennium Falcon as cliche as it is to have, to go with my Slave 1 set since they're another sort of "light/dark" counterpart of the SW universe. So a cool $1K on kid's building toys :lol:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
It really is atrocious, but they do put a shit ton of engineering into them and have certain build standards they adhere to, so it in itself is sort of an art form, and I can't really fight the level that they're willing to protect their brand/identity to.

If I commit to the Porsche/Bugatti sets, that right there is $750, and I sort of want a Millennium Falcon as cliche as it is to have, to go with my Slave 1 set since they're another sort of "light/dark" counterpart of the SW universe. So a cool $1K on kid's building toys :lol:
As someone who grew up with LEGOs being the best thing around, I've really been debating on buying some "Adult" LEGOs recently. One of these days I'll push myself to drop some money on LEGOs. In the meantime, building computers and wood working is my adult equivalent to LEGOs.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

Yep, legos are really precision crafted so they click together as nicely as they do. I mean, my stepson got some "fake" lego set for x-mas, and while the finished product looked pretty much as nice as real legos, building it was a pain the ass because the parts didn't fit perfectly. Disassembling it would be even worse as the parts sit together super tight after cramming them together. Also the instructions weren't as clear and half of the time you'd have to guess which part is in the picture.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
A while ago I posted in the Mad-thread about being annoyed with Android-studio. Well, now I'm doing some changes to a Kotlin-project for a customer, and the IDE is fast as fuck now that it doesn't have to deal with all the Java-bullshit. I'm really digging this so far!

Latest posts