Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score
The great irony here is that without crowdfunding, you probably would've been more likely to get Time II by now.

You americans seem to like more conspiracy theories than reality. Seems that mostly it comforts you to repeat this bullshit all the time. What a weird defence mechanism.

"Someone took our money, let's sue him on this internet court"
:barf: :lol:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
You americans seem to like more conspiracy theories than reality. Seems that mostly it comforts you to repeat this bullshit all the time. What a weird defence mechanism.

The awkward moment when you forget you are talking to the mod...

Metropolis

Reaction score
The awkward moment when you forget you are talking to the mod...

like_to_live_dangerously.gif

Choop

uwu
Reaction score

Are you admitting that you believe that Jari took and squandered the money that he received from backers, and are you also implying that it is fine?

yikes!

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score

This one is pretty funny to me because every part of this statement can be applied to you. I was going to break it down for you a bit but that's too much work.

In short, you're a hypocrite.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
This one is pretty funny to me because every part of this statement can be applied to you. I was going to break it down for you a bit but that's too much work.

In short, you're a hypocrite.
I got ten minutes before I have to jump on the next fire.

1. Fact: Jari crowdfunded on the promise of eventually being able to deliver Time II.
2. Fact: Jari has not, as of yet, produced Time II.

Believing these facts are facts is a conspiracy theory. And we Americans (apparently everybody but Metropolis?) are deluded conspiracy theorists for believing in these facts.

Why can't we all just agree with Metropolis so he doesn't have to fight reality? Come on, guys. Have a heart. The mentally unhinged need friends too.

Metropolis

Reaction score
... But in some other dimension he would have already delivered Time II, if crowdfunding would have never happened.

Also in some other conspiracy theory filled thoughts he doesn't deliver other three albums in the making, and in fact they're not under developement at all.

I have never wrote that those two points aren't facts.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
he doesn't deliver other three albums in the making
What other three albums have been released....? That's not a conspiracy theory, it's once again a fact that there have not been 3 albums since Time I.

Whether or not they're in development is entirely speculation. Speculation that requires taking a guy at his word who has a reputation for changing his story at the drop of a hat.

Metropolis

Reaction score
What other three albums have been released....? That's not a conspiracy theory, it's once again a fact that there have not been 3 albums since Time I.

Whether or not they're in development is entirely speculation. Speculation that requires taking a guy at his word who has a reputation for changing his story at the drop of a hat.

Other three albums in the making than Time II.

Not entirely speculation, but you certainly have difficulties of detecting any nuances in Jari's announcement about it. Things and situations change, it isn't that simple as you want to believe. Change of one story doesn't mean that everything should be questioned after that.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Other three albums in the making than Time II.

Not entirely speculation, but you certainly have difficulties of detecting any nuances in Jari's announcement about it. Things and situations change, it isn't that simple as you want to believe. Change of one story doesn't mean that everything should be questioned after that.
I have two books I've released. I'm working on a third. I've never told a single person that I've released three books.

Change one story and we go, "meh."

Change the same story twenty-five times and we go, "Hey, hold on a sec here."

Change multiple stories twenty-five times and we stop believing you altogether.

That last step seems to be the part you're having difficulty understanding. If you want to analyze every story separately, and give everybody the benefit of the doubt each time around, more power to you. You're a hell of an optimist, but you tend to appear completely adrift in comparison to reality to those of us at least attempting to keep a foot on shore.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I am confused. I have spent the majority of my time catching up in this decade old thread assuming that Metropolis is a possibly delusional fan who will willingly throw his cape or jacket over any puddle of criticism so that Jari's feet don't get soiled. Someone who takes superfan to the next level which....is ok. It can be frustrating but nothing says we have to go through life managing others frustrations.

Now I just feel like he's being a troll....closely monitoring any activity in this thread to reaffirm his identity as...THAT guy

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

No conspiracies needed, or intended.

In a traditional artist x fan dynamic, the artist has the incentive to release the material because they make their money on sales of the album. If you crowd fund the album essentially getting the money up front, there's limited incentive to ever have to finish it.

Latest posts