Your Top Albums - list 'em

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
It's only when you do it do you realize how many you can't fit in

1d035e79e0d853185b35c94.jpg

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone else new about ne obliviscaris besides myself, i've posted them on here a couple times.

*Raises hand*
The most amazing stuff I have heard in a long, long, time. I remember listening to their EP a few days after it hit the web and looking all over the internet at least once a week thereafter for any news about Portal of I. Hell, it made my top 100.

wankerness

Reaction score
I can't identify a lot of the albums in the lists that don't have the key to the side :O I lose. I love going through and noticing the random alternative/pop albums here and there among the endless repetitions of prog metal. I'm right there with that dude on page 1 who put Type O Negative's "October Rust" in his top 10. That album still sounds like nothing else and I think it was possibly the most formative in terms of letting me know there was more to music than Metallica and Korn...I must have listened to it more than any other album, starting back when I was about 14 all the way up until now. It's just too bad it was the first album I heard by them, the other ones didn't come anywhere close for me besides "World Coming Down," which was still a lot drabber. Some really, really great stuff on it anyway though.

"The Fragile" also blew my teenage mind, that thing still is one of the densest rock albums I've ever heard. I remember buying it when it first came out, after seeing some advance performance of the title track on the ol' MTV MUSIC AWARDS and thinking "OH MAN THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER". The first disc of it is almost perfect.

Foo Fighter's "Colour and the Shape" is another one, I think that and Third Eye Blind's S/T were among the first 10 albums I bought and they both had so much going on than the other crap I had (ex, Smashmouth!). I still love them today even though they've got some questionable stuff on them.

Here's mine!

x6OEc.jpg

There are a bunch of other albums I listened to a ton as a kid but can't really sit through anymore, they'd probably have been on here if there was more space though. Like, Megadeth's Rust in Peace, Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings I listened to a zillion times, same with Metallica - Reload, Ride the Lightning and Master of puppets. And Korn - Follow the Leader!!! :(

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
This was pretty hard.

I'm sure there is an album I'm forgetting but this will have to do.

It's mostly out of order. The top ten is most likely my top ten but I have no idea in which order.

I tried to have only one album from a band in each part except for other favorites, that's where I dumped a lot of second, third or fourth albums by the same artist.

Attachments

• bcfadb54124620bfc31e7e1c44634ce9 - Copy.jpg
    bcfadb54124620bfc31e7e1c44634ce9 - Copy.jpg
    801.1 KB · Views: 21

wankerness

Reaction score
This was pretty hard.

I'm sure there is an album I'm forgetting but this will have to do.

It's mostly out of order. The top ten is most likely my top ten but I have no idea in which order.

I tried to have only one album from a band in each part except for other favorites, that's where I dumped a lot of second, third or fourth albums by the same artist.

Some good stuff on there, that dillinger/patton ep is still one of my favorite thigns ever but since it's only like 20 minutes long I couldn't give it a spot!

I still think System of a Down's self-titled was WAY better than everything else they put out since, but until now I'd never seen anyone else with the same opinion! I'm not sure if it actually isn't as good and I'd just grown out of them by the time toxicity came around or what, but either way I still like the S/T more than Hypnotize/Mesmerize and Toxicity by a huge margin.

RATM's first one and Ulver's "Bergtatt" were both things I strongly contemplated, great albums. I played along with that RATM album on bass a whole ton of times over the years.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Some good stuff on there, that dillinger/patton ep is still one of my favorite thigns ever but since it's only like 20 minutes long I couldn't give it a spot!

I still think System of a Down's self-titled was WAY better than everything else they put out since, but until now I'd never seen anyone else with the same opinion! I'm not sure if it actually isn't as good and I'd just grown out of them by the time toxicity came around or what, but either way I still like the S/T more than Hypnotize/Mesmerize and Toxicity by a huge margin.

RATM's first one and Ulver's "Bergtatt" were both things I strongly contemplated, great albums. I played along with that RATM album on bass a whole ton of times over the years.
Firstly I realized what I'm missing: My Dying Bride.

Secondly, I know Irony is a Dead scene is a short one but HOLY SHIT! DEP and Patton on one album. That's like my wet dream...or well this is my wet dream actually:

https://www.facebook.com/events/428582390540364/

Third: System of a Down's self titled is simply better than everything else they did in my opinion. Every song is really good, the quirkyness is there but so is the heavyness.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Where are you guys uploading these to? Photobucket is being a whore.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Man... this was hard. I tried to keep it to one album per artist for the first two sections, but I made a few exceptions in the bottom part. Seems like I'm one of the very few who likes hip-hop...

Attachments

• 865fbaa364be0d74efa6e8d7615b24dd.jpg
    865fbaa364be0d74efa6e8d7615b24dd.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 15

blacksheep

Reaction score
Wow.

I can't believe I'm still missing out on another 60+ albums I'd even dare to call essential...

5Xx1Y.jpg

Great site.

Dooky

Reaction score
This is going to be a work in progress for me. So far I have my top 50-60 sorted and now it's proving difficult.
I'm taking it from which albums I have played/listened to the most and still listen to today.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Thanks to anyone who helped me with photobucket :3

90albums.jpg

I think I'm only 1 of 2 who have monolith on here.

Also, it's not like this list doesn't scream CORE or anything.....

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
how do you upload your own album if its not in the website? i click the add a new file tab copied and pasted the artwork url and the artist and album but what next?