Your Top Albums - list 'em

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
where's all the djent and the deathcore?!?!?

Look a little harder, Bury Your Dead, The Red Chord, and killwhitneydead are all in there somewhere. :lol:

Metalcore more than anything else, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some trendy-core that I enjoy from time to time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
40f7e386f65862a8ddb0cb2d8755a6ec.png

Should of went to bed instead, but this was fun.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
top100albums_zps2daca224.jpg

NOTE: Only my top 10 are in anything like order.
I'm not seeing nearly enough Anthony Phillips or Steve Hackett.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
By far my favorite band, every single album of theirs has its own distinct sound. IMHO theyre one of the most unique bands out there at the moment. Check out stuff from the Violet album too if you want dark and scary :agreed:

Yeah I saw the video for blue. I havent had a song scare the shit out of me like that in a long time. It reminds me of really being in a nightmare. Things start out innocent and then things just get dark and terrifying. They really are unique. And I love a band that is different but not for the sake of being different. The singer reminds me almost as if she is writing songs from the perspective of being a child which creeps me out even more. I have a feeling Im really gonna get into them.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Just realized I missed Beyond Creation

And after thinking about it Jarle H Olsen should be in the top 10, not second tier classics, maybe knock Omnivium down to second tier

The things these lists do to my head

Top_100_November_11_2012.jpg

Arsenal12

nub
Reaction score
I only had enough patience to do 50.. only one record per band/artist. Looking at it now there are a few I'd change. Oh well, fuck it.

Kinda feel like going back and doing top 50 records that make me want to pull my hair out.. that'd be fun. ps I can't believe I haven't heard the Electric Wizard record that I see popping up on a few lists. Gonna have to look into that!

ps- The Somberlain your list has some great stuff on it.. looks like you didn't check the "allow artist/album text" or whatever box at the bottom of the page so it lists everything to the right... I almost forgot to as well.

Attachments

• 50albums.jpeg
    50albums.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 24

pawel

Reaction score
This was very interesting. Made me think of damn near every record from my childhood to now.

I am quite satisfied with this list, though I'm sure I'll think of other records that I would've liked to add later.

top100i.jpg

I am amazed someone else liked U2's Pop. I thought it was a great album - the last exciting thing they did before they settled into a bland arena rock band IMO. If you listened to both Pop and OK Computer, you can hear two bands arriving at a similar place sound-wise at around the same time (1997). It worked out better for Radiohead though.

RCB

Reaction score
I am amazed someone else liked U2's Pop. I thought it was a great album - the last exciting thing they did before they settled into a bland arena rock band IMO.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Not only was that one of my favorite records from my youth, it was the last thing they did worth listening to. I'm still angry at how 'All You Can't Leave Behind' turned out. Pure, bland garbage. In my eyes, U2 ended after 'Pop'...and the Batman 3 single they did.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one with that record in my top 100 :)yesway:Bloody_Inferno, Pawel:yesway:)