Zombie Movies

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah man, very poor film. It had zombies in, so yay. But just meh overall.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the 28 days/weeks later films, but my all time favorite is Shaun of the dead :lol:

I am legend was pretty cool too, but the zombie creatures were a bit underwhelming

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the 28 days/weeks later films, but my all time favorite is Shaun of the dead :lol:

I am legend was pretty cool too, but the zombie creatures were a bit underwhelming

:agreed: Yes. I think the creatures in I am legend should've been live action, they looked so shit CGI.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Well thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams, asshole. :squint:

Although I did find a gem.
28634.jpg

:lol:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
"But let's say there is an outbreak, like if one zombie was able to bite 30 people in the crowd at an Insane Clown Posse concert before they figured out it wasn't part of the show. It's not like mankind is just utterly confused about what to do when an infection breaks out. In America you have the Center for Disease Control (CDC,) who don't tend to fuck around. Seriously, it's on their business cards."

http://www.cracked.com/article_1868...utbreak-would-fail-quickly.html#ixzz12EsgUGHO

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Funny stuff :lol: But I think this relies on the 'very' unlikely and probably all kinds of impossible 'living dead', nowadays when I think zombies, I think angry, running, bitches that don't take kindly on livin' folk. Like the reasoning was in Zombieland: Mad Cow for humans.

There is something more likely too, an adapted form of what Tasmanian Tigers have, something in the that makes them very angry all the time.

If we had that, we'd be fucked.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Or the cordyceps fungi evolved to infect humans :O Plenty of parasites could do it. The idea of a zombie isn't technically impossible, it happens in nature a lot. The film 'Quarantine' looks at the idea of human rabies.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Rabies is essentially the zombie virus lite. If you get rabies, you slowly develop the urge to bite every moving thing, then your muscles sieze up, eventually rendering you unable to breathe. The virus does all of this from within the human brain. Studies have also shown that mice infected with some feline parasites modify their attitudes to think that they can take on a full grown cat. The parasites benefit from this behaviour by ending up back in a cat.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The cordyceps fungi seems logical to happen, but it probably wouldn't be very zombie-like, we'd all just jump into pools and climb trees. Unless there's a species of fungi that involves biting. :scratch: :lol:

Yeah I know. :lol: But it just shows the concept of a parasite taking over a host's mind and forcing it to do shit against it's will is perfectly possible in nature. If that is, fuck knows what else. Cordyceps has been around for a long fucking time though, so if it was going to be an issue it already would be. But it's an interesting organism. I just don't want mushrooms growing out of my face.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I know. :lol: But it just shows the concept of a parasite taking over a host's mind and forcing it to do shit against it's will is perfectly possible in nature. If that is, fuck knows what else. Cordyceps has been around for a long fucking time though, so if it was going to be an issue it already would be. But it's an interesting organism. I just don't want mushrooms growing out of my face.

H1N1 has been around a long time, yet it still managed to mutate into bird flu and swine flu. With today's technology coming up with all sorts of crazy drugs to combat disease, you never know what microbes will mutate into.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I just watched "White Zombie" the other day (1932, with Bela Lugosi). Not a traditional zombie movie, more of a voodoo curse thing. still very cool

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
H1N1 has been around a long time, yet it still managed to mutate into bird flu and swine flu. With today's technology coming up with all sorts of crazy drugs to combat disease, you never know what microbes will mutate into.

Theres guys studying whale viruses because some of them could be transmittable to humans, and it would be a completely new microbe to combat. Disease is so unpredictable.