Zombie spalted maple Blackdroid for the win!

• Thread starter metalvince333
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I've got some eye candy here. here's a picture of my axe with the myrtle wood guitar. Im super glad with the wood choice I've made. I was also going for that headstock first but I'm glad I changed my mind.

here it is!
photo421s.jpg

photo417g.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7544/photo417g.jpg

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
haha yeah im trying to teach the magic of good beers to Coors light spoiled friends, so far so good! At least my bandmates know what good stuff is:lol:

I just turned 18 and exept for foufs I never went anywhere else yet, anywhere I should? Do you know any good micro Brewery in mtl? foufs is good to get drunk but damn.. I hate molson and it's always the cheap beer of the day anytime I go there:lol:

I'm not a fan of Molson either, but for $1 beers upstairs at foufs, who cares :lol: as far as micro-breweries go, I'm all about Unibroue. I don't know which bars serve their beer, but they have them at IGA's, Maxi's and Loblaws(es?). My choice is La Fin Du Monde, but you can't really go wrong with any of their beers. It's not cheap, but at 9%, a 6er will get you fuuuucked :lol: some people aren't big on the yeasty taste, but I think it's a damn fine beer. For those people there's always Maudite anyway.

As far as places aside from foufs go, I love the Sports Station on the corner of Ste. Catherine and Fort. If you're into sports like me, there's nothing better than hanging out there to watch games. They have 4-litre pitchers for $16.64 :agreed:

Nice pups btw, I just had a New Pickup Day yesterday as well :lol: I got me some distressed BKP Miracle Mans(/men?) for my RG7421 project. I have a thread in the seven string guitars section if you want to see 'em :yesway: That Hannes looks damn slick too!

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Molson either, but for $1 beers upstairs at foufs, who cares :lol: as far as micro-breweries go, I'm all about Unibroue. I don't know which bars serve their beer, but they have them at IGA's, Maxi's and Loblaws(es?). My choice is La Fin Du Monde, but you can't really go wrong with any of their beers. It's not cheap, but at 9%, a 6er will get you fuuuucked :lol: some people aren't big on the yeasty taste, but I think it's a damn fine beer. For those people there's always Maudite anyway.

As far as places aside from foufs go, I love the Sports Station on the corner of Ste. Catherine and Fort. If you're into sports like me, there's nothing better than hanging out there to watch games. They have 4-litre pitchers for $16.64 :agreed:

Nice pups btw, I just had a New Pickup Day yesterday as well :lol: I got me some distressed BKP Miracle Mans(/men?) for my RG7421 project. I have a thread in the seven string guitars section if you want to see 'em :yesway: That Hannes looks damn slick too!

haha, another Unibroue Fanboy!lets say that if theres one law that I broke quite often..it was under age drinking :lol: I love the maudite and I remember that when I tried it right after la fin du monde, I liked la fin du monde better but I cant judge on just once.I have yet to drink a beer as unique as Unibroue..we should open a Unibroue appreciation thread, I was just talking to some guy in Colorado that loves it too, I didnt know there was any that far..

before I ordered the Blackdroid I was thinking about some bkp's too Ill probably need to change pickups on the rg 1527 so Ill definitely consider them or dimarzios depending on the budget.

Im very exited about the hannes too, I always liked string thru bridges but I never quite liked the feel as much as the ibanez edge zero trem cause its all long and smooth, but this may just be the answer:D

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
My dad says that the 3 pistole beer (available in IGA) is the shit, but it's the kind of beer you drink after letting it oxygenate (sp?) in a glass, that's like candy according to him (btw, my dad was almost a drunk at some point, so I guess he'd know about beers :lol:)

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
haha, another Unibroue Fanboy!lets say that if theres one law that I broke quite often..it was under age drinking :lol: I love the maudite and I remember that when I tried it right after la fin du monde, I liked la fin du monde better but I cant judge on just once.I have yet to drink a beer as unique as Unibroue..we should open a Unibroue appreciation thread, I was just talking to some guy in Colorado that loves it too, I didnt know there was any that far..

before I ordered the Blackdroid I was thinking about some bkp's too Ill probably need to change pickups on the rg 1527 so Ill definitely consider them or dimarzios depending on the budget.

Im very exited about the hannes too, I always liked string thru bridges but I never quite liked the feel as much as the ibanez edge zero trem cause its all long and smooth, but this may just be the answer:D

Damn, I didn't know they had made it all the way out to Colorado either, but shit, good taste is universal :cool:

I'll vouch for the quality of BKP's for sure and if you have the funds, you should at least try them, since if you don't like them, Nick has a return policy :yesway:. I haven't wired my MM's up on my RG yet so I can't say much about them, but I have a set of Nailbombs in my Les Paul, and they're leaps and bounds better than The Gibson pickups and the Duncan JB and '59 I've tried in all-mahogany/maple-capped guitars.

And let me know about the Hannes when you finally get your hands on the guitar, I've been really curious about them for a while, they just look so cool and that "most comfortable bridge in the world" label it's adopted just makes a guitarist's mouth water.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Hmmm, thought I posted in this thread. :scratch: Oh well, I just need to say, that this is the only spalted maple top I love! I usually hate them more than anything, but THIS kicks the tits off any other spalted! Can't wait to see it done dude!

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Hmmm, thought I posted in this thread. :scratch: Oh well, I just need to say, that this is the only spalted maple top I love! I usually hate them more than anything, but THIS kicks the tits off any other spalted! Can't wait to see it done dude!
Yeah I usually dont like spalted maple too much cause most builders always give them a super mirror gloss wich imo spoils the effect.With the oil finish, it looks mysterious and you really see the shades in it properly and thats why I love it so much, its a pretty unique piece of it too:hbang:

cant wait!!

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Ok, here's the same guitar pictured with mine yesterday but now its finished...it was just too awesome for me not to post this..freakin gorgeous!

Another cool side of ordering a Hufschmid is that you get to spy on other cool builds haha! here's the eye candy!
photo434.jpg
photo435.jpg

jbcrazy

Reaction score
Those two guitars are the sexiest guitars I've ever seen Patrick put out. COngrats to you and Morgan guys. Those are gonna be beasts.. and they're not bad to look at either.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Those two guitars are the sexiest guitars I've ever seen Patrick put out. COngrats to you and Morgan guys. Those are gonna be beasts.. and they're not bad to look at either.
And your guitar is the pure reason why I finally ordered mine and probably the same reason why Patrick wont take orders 'till late august:lol:

still waiting for that video:hunter: :taunt:

having fun with the smilies.. doesnt mean anything :lol:

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I know you guys were all against the rings but I just got an e-mail from Patrick and its full of win!

How 'bout some indian rosewood pickup rings??:D

photo473.jpg
photo479.jpg

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
His recent builds have been the best I've ever seen. I like how he is opening up to more options/woods. He used to say no to maple, just no. :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
photo479.jpg

visually, this is perfect. that´s all. done. finished. there is none more awesome. it´s the best.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
His recent builds have been the best I've ever seen. I like how he is opening up to more options/woods. He used to say no to maple, just no. :lol:
i couldnt be happier with going with Patrick to be honest, great guy (that spam the shit out of my mailbox haha), great ideas and always gives a creative opinion on stuff. I mean, he is the one that talked me out of putting the pup's in direct mount and that is more work for him since he had to carve those rosewood rings wich is still even more work than just using plastic rings..:lol: I love those! it make my guitar even more...woody I guess..