Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Reaction score
Wasn't it the night before the eviction of getting kicked out and taking everything in the shop? If so, no it's not strange at all. He did what he had to do to get his property before the eviction and taking of his property.

No. Rent was paid and he is still in his shop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

olsonuf

Reaction score
Tosin minion: The two parties clearly had issues with each other and were unable to work together. Isn’t it just strange though, that if he knew he was right, he had to go in the middle of the night and pull a heist?

Issues like “What happened all the money we gave you?“ And “screw you I’m not telling you anything.“ You mean issues like that? That would create an issue among any two parties. Having just found out about this thread and situation today just from what you, Frank, and Tosin have said here, it’s not looking good for your side of this argument.

If your purpose in being here is to try to save Frank‘s reputation, you’re failing miserably at it. All you’re doing is flinging very flimsy counter accusations and not providing anything that would make the general public think that you and your company are in anyway trustworthy.

Hmm...Why might someone go in the middle the night? To avoid confrontation with a clearly irresponsible reckless person maybe? Because that’s what Frank seems to be right now in this situation.

Reaction score
Issues like “What happened all the money we gave you?“ And “screw you I’m not telling you anything.“ You mean issues like that? That would create an issue among any two parties. Having just found out about this thread and situation today just from what you, Frank, and Tosin have said here, it’s not looking good for your side of this argument.

If your purpose in being here is to try to save Frank‘s reputation, you’re failing miserably at it. All you’re doing is flinging very flimsy counter accusations and not providing anything that would make the general public think that you and your company are in anyway trustworthy.

Hmm...Why might someone go in the middle the night? To avoid confrontation with a clearly irresponsible reckless person maybe? Because that’s what Frank seems to be right now in this situation.
Ben or other Frank worker - is this you?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
It’s very clear that deadlines were missed and the job was much more expensive than anticipated. But Frank clearly worked on these guitars for many months and deserves to get something for that. He did not embezzle, so Tosin you should choose your words carefully. And if things were going south, why did you have to have Frank’s workers sneak in in the middle of the night to steal these guitars? They were week from being done. And tell Ben it would be nice if he would return the guitar that was not his, it was given to Frank as a gift. Among other things.. I have to refresh and read the police report.
so since you claim to have access to this police report, how about uploading it here for the rest of us to see?

olsonuf

Reaction score
Ben or other Frank worker - is this you?

No, believe it or not I’m just some dude on this site who has been here for over a decade, among the general guitar-buying public seeing this fiasco unfold, that your buddy Frank seems to have created, being legitimately affected in my opinion by the overwhelmingly detailed version of the story on one side and the vague and convenient backpedaling on the other.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
so since you claim to have access to this police report, how about uploading it here for the rest of us to see?
If only it were that easy to get a police report. Shoot, I worked right next to people who handled that kind of release of information, and you had to go through so many hoops just to get a redacted form. If there were any active investigation going on it, you better believe that the public would not have access to it yet. So until I see an actual police report, I will stand with my belief that there may have been a report filed, but not one that is public releasable and or complete.

(I should also mention that I worked in a Sheriff's Office for 5 years)

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Actual evidence?? What are you crazy?
yep you got me, I like logic and evidence. I'm clearly :nuts:
If only it were that easy to get a police report. Shoot, I worked right next to people who handles that kind of release of information, and you had to go through so many hoops just to get a redacted form. If there were any active investigation going on it, you better believe that the public would not have access yet to it. So until I see an actual police report, I will stand with my belief that there may have been a report filed, but not one that is public releasable and or complete.

(I should also mention that I worked in a Sheriff's Office for 5 years)
they literally claimed they had access to the report in some form or another in their post. It's not entirely unreasonable to assume that in this modern day they could upload the report for us to see it. Of course that whole argument rests on them actually having access to the report instead of just leading us on.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
they literally claimed they had access to the report in some form or another in their post. It's not entirely unreasonable to assume that in this modern day they could upload the report for us to see it. Of course that whole argument rests on them actually having access to the report instead of just leading us on.
I for one would be interested in reading this supposed document.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
This thread is still delivering!

Hopefully Abasi still does well.
Maybe Frank can come back from this. Who knows.
I think Tosin made a bad business decision and he's learning a difficult lesson here. There is a lot of frustration and stress involved when a lot of money is at stake. Having personally experienced some interesting life events I can say for a fact money problems are one of the most stressful things to deal with no matter how hard you try to let it not get to you.

More small guys succeeding is better for us as consumers. It creates competition, lowers prices and improves overall quality. We don't wanna only have fender and Gibson to pick from. Variety is great.

I think Frank made a bad decision launching a new line of guitars that seem to resemble the Abasi Concepts.

I don't fully agree with how things are transpiring. But, as a consumer I do want to know what is going on with companies so there is that.

Plus... Drama is hard to look away from. It's like driving by a massive car accident lol