Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Given how Fishman can't afford barely-decent customer service, I'm not surprised Frank can't afford to build a line of guitars.

I know Frank doesn't own fishman, I just wanted a reason to bitch about their customer service.
totally off topic, but they also have some of the worst wiring diagrams i've ever had to reference.

mastapimp

Reaction score
So this whole "heist" situation i keep hearing Frank's side mention is not sitting well with me. I work w/ contract manufacturers and there's been times when we've had to seize unfinished goods to have them completed elsewhere due to missed deadlines or quality issues. If we pay for the parts and have a contract, it's our property and can be returned to us at our discretion. If i see a warning posted on the storefront (without a heads up from the business) stating that property will be seized upon eviction, you sure as hell better bet i'm getting my hands back on the parts that were paid for as soon as possible.

Plus the whole "I'm no longer affiliated with Abasi Concepts, but here's my fanned fret ERG Abasi Concepts derivative, Happy 2019!" post is just a slap in the face after the behind the scenes drama has played out. I don't think Tosin's reputation is getting tarnished here...it's all looking bad for Falbo from what I've gathered.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
totally off topic, but they also have some of the worst wiring diagrams i've ever had to reference.

Yup. Brands like EMG shows you different diagrams. Fishman only has one diagram and you're forced to figure out everything else with written descriptions and guesswork. Kinda got tired of it so I'm pretty much going back to EMGs like I used to. :lol: Only reason I just bought a Modern set was out of curiosity an cheapness.

Is Frank still affiliated with Fishman?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Ya, probably so. :lol: I never know what to think, honestly. I just get super wrapped up in emotions about stuff like this, and honestly am at a loss as to how to deal with these sorts of situations. I talk a tough line but fold immediately.

Dayn

Reaction score
Now this is interesting. This is squarely within my area of legal expertise.

Except I'm not in the US so all I can do is watch. I hope Tosin et al get the proper assistance they need.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Settlement without a non-disclosure for what was evidently a very acrimonious and reputation-affecting spat, geez. I can't figure-out how to post a Lionel Hutz gif from frinkiac, so I'm out.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
At this point there are only two aspects of this that concern me as a potential consumer and ERG fan.

1. substantial money being spent without proper accounting (alleged)

2. party that couldn't produce receipts for said money showing up here pushing a future line of guitars using designs that were clearly lifted from the originator (can't really be disputed)

Perhaps new info will come to light, and I'm trying to keep an open mind but at this point I think Tosin has every right to defend his designs and name.

Really, I wish this would have been settled out of the the public eye but as soon as Frank went public with the way too similar guitars teh door was opened.

xzacx

Reaction score
Really, I wish this would have been settled out of the the public eye but as soon as Frank went public with the way too similar guitars teh door was opened.

The writing was certainly on the wall for this to get more interesting as soon as those pics were posted here. Little surprising it took so long actually.

Latest posts