Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Ok, so basically I have the wrong opinion to post in this thread. I'll do you a favor and step back then. Bye :)

No, you have the opposite opinion to the vast majority of other guys posting in this thread. It's not "wrong" it's just different and outnumbered.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I would make it for you and you only. I would ask you all the questions I need to have an answer for to get there. My job is to listen to you and understand what you're looking to get and then talk the specs out with you. Not replicating something somebody else likes. If you want to get exact same guitar Tosin uses, nothing wrong with that. Just wouldn't be the way I would go.

I fully get your point, you want a more one-on-one approach. You want a fully trully 100% custom made 100% to the buyer. And thats fine. Not many people know what they actually want appart from colors.

But this Abasi brand is not set to be a fully custom like you want it. Its more of a High end brand that offers options. Just like Kiesel does. "Custom" in the sense that you get to pick some specs, but at the end of the day the guitar still gets "mass produced" under certain restrains. And for a lot of people that "custom shop" feel its more than enough. Like Narad says, if it works for Tosin, then thats a good start for me that I dnt really know what I want.

At the end of the day the guitar industry its a fashion industry. This is the newest "look" out there, you want it? you get it, cool thing is you can actually choose the woods and colors

Demiurge

Reaction score
Wow 126 pages of this crap!?! I imagine if you all spent as much time practicing as you've done yapping on this you could all have your own signature models by now.

Like any amount of practice would make me good. Anyway, this thread is a good lesson that being really good at guitar doesn't make this particular venture any easier.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like any amount of practice would make me good. Anyway, this thread is a good lesson that being really good at guitar doesn't make this particular venture any easier.

The take away is also that being really good at building guitars doesn't make this stuff much easier.

cip 123

Reaction score
Wow 126 pages of this crap!?! I imagine if you all spent as much time practicing as you've done yapping on this you could all have your own signature models by now.

I just wanted to know what happened with Tosin and Frank, but honestly the hundred plus pages of fanboism and pettiness have deterred me from even wanting to sift through the garbage to find the meat. Why does every forum on the internet look like this now?

Let me go crawl back under the rock which I've been hiding. Maybe I'm just too old and remember back when the internet was a useful source of information....
Page 104.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Thanks man. This is exactly what I was looking for and it took 5 more posts after mine for something useful to be posted here. Thanks again. I going to name my next kid after you. Cip123 has a nice ring to it....

There you have it. Faith in the internet restored and it didn't involve a rollback to ARPANET.

However, forums exists for everyone. Do you really think it's necessary to troll up some disparaging remarks because *4* years of development has created 127 pages of discussion, and the information you want isn't served up for you, there, exactly where you want it on your first click? @cip 123 is a nicer person than me, but like, you can't blame forums for not doing your own legwork for you.

But still, legit, compare your first post with, "Hi guys! New here. This thread is insane(ly long)! Can anyone point me to where the actual Tosin / Frank announcement posts are?"

Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
That's a myth.

Before google, there was good information online, but it was impossible to find.

After google, you can find anything but it's all a load of bollocks.

Actually, I think it all came on a single CD and was called Encarta. :lol:

Obviously you're too young to remember that the internet was created by and for academics, and I suppose I'm just an old beard (as in preinternet programmer) but I always found the relevant info I needed in forumls like this by simply asking and it didnt provoke and endless barrage of unqualified opinions. There were many good search engines before google. They just didnt index trash, it was a more targeted approach to try to grab all the useful stuff from reputable sources.

Depending on how much coal you shovel into your steam car, this particular forum is pretty darn good. I was not around sending VAX-based missives to my R&D buddies on DARPANET but was around when the internet became a pop cult mass hit. Anyway, this place is net gain if you're into the just about most of the myriad topics discussed. I don't participate in any other. You'll find info, help, lots of humor and the occasional hard analysis on subjects like this thread that carries on a bit. :lol:

Demiurge

Reaction score
But still, legit, compare your first post with, "Hi guys! New here. This thread is insane(ly long)! Can anyone point me to where the actual Tosin / Frank announcement posts are?"

Well I for one think that it's only appropriate for a thread where first-post randos parachuted in to stir shit up to receive proper rebuke from a first-post rando.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that usenet groups and IRC chats were any different than those today.

They weren’t. But I’ve o my been online since around 93. Who knows what magical world existed before then.

Forums are for entertainment now anyway. If you can’t find something through google. You are bad.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Half of us are more interested in the WMI thing Jeff brought up at this point

Not much to say about it although Jeff might have some more information about why. Originally, prs was going to leave the bulk of the guitars at wmi and move some production to Cort Indonesia. Like a tremonti standard and the cu standards. Then at some point they moved almost every guitar over there for production.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm guessing that explains why ESP recently move production of the 1000 series to Indo as well? Seems like WMI guitars were getting much more expensive, too. Schecter's charging $1700 for the KM7-MKIII.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
I'm guessing that explains why ESP recently move production of the 1000 series to Indo as well? Seems like WMI guitars were getting much more expensive, too. Schecter's charging $1700 for the KM7-MKIII.

0_0 Well, on the bright side I suppose that cures me of any GAS I had for an MH-1000 to complement my EC.