Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just recently returned my Legion 8 guitar (I decided to wait with shipping because of incoming holiday shipping pricing) because of issues with the nut and the neck wasn't properly carved for a premium priced guitar (something i didnt notice until I brought the guitar to my local luthier)

AC have now fully refunded everything, including the international shipping, both the original shipping to me and back to them, that is they paid twice the shipment to have it returned (I live in Europe, so the shipping is not cheap at all). I am very happy with their customer service and hope they will keep that up, but also hoping they will fortify their QC for their next run, and would recommend that they would put extreme effort into their 1-5x runs to establish consumer trust while perfecting their production (quality comes through iteration). But who knows why this QC slip up really happened, we can only guess

Will I buy another larada in the future? Only time will tell, I'm still inexperienced in this guitar world. I gambled on receiving a quality 8str guitar of Schecter-ish quality (but more expensive), which can be seen as crazy since this company is still new and this is only their 1st import production run, really hasn't earned that reputation that Schecter has. I can be very careless at times with such big purchases (maybe just GAS/hype and all that). But alas I guess that I was lucky that they honored my return with a full refund because of the issues and I respect them for that, they get 10/10 for that end! (which can't be said about every company)

I wish them the best and hope they will perfect their QC ASAP

I still dont have a 8str guitar to play with, but I decided to wait with purchasing another one. I bought myself a cheaper 28" chapman 6str baritone instead to explore the lower tuned world, and it's also my first passive pickup guitar. My other guitar is an old MIJ ESP Eclipse with EMG 81/60 with the four black knobs, before the Gibson Les Paul lawsuit happened (loving that guitar to death). So much left for me to explore!

Enough rambling, hope you guys gained something from this and wish you the best

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just recently returned my Legion 8 guitar (I decided to wait with shipping because of incoming holiday shipping pricing) because of issues with the nut and the neck wasn't properly carved for a premium priced guitar (something i didnt notice until I brought the guitar to my local luthier)

AC have now fully refunded everything, including the international shipping, both the original shipping to me and back to them, that is they paid twice the shipment to have it returned (I live in Europe, so the shipping is not cheap at all). I am very happy with their customer service and hope they will keep that up, but also hoping they will fortify their QC for their next run, and would reccomend that they would put extreme effort into their 1-5x runs to establish consumer trust while perfecting their production (quality comes through iteration). But who knows why this QC slip-up really happened, we can only guess

Will I buy another larada in the future? Only time will tell, I'm still inexperienced in this guitar world. I gambled on receiving a quality 8str guitar of Schecter-ish quality (but more expensive), which can be seen as crazy since this company is still new and this is only their 1st import production run, really hasn't earned that reputation that Schecter has. I can be very careless at times with such big purchaes (maybye just GAS/hype and all that). But alas I guess that I was lucky that they honored my return with a full refund because of the issues and I respect them for that, they get 10/10 for that end! (which can't be said about every company)

I wish them the best and hope they will perfect their QC ASAP

I still dont have a 8str guitar to play with, but I decided to wait with purchasing another one. I bought myself a cheaper 28" chapman 6str baritone instead to explore the lower tuned world, and it's also my first passive pickup guitar. My other guitar is an old MIJ ESP Eclipse with EMG 81/60 with the four black knobs, before the Gibson Les Paul lawsuit happened (loving that guitar to death). So much left for me to explore!

Enough rambling, hope you guys gained something from this and wish you the best
Hey dude, honestly you and I are EXACTLY THE SAME PERSON. I feel like our level of knowledge is about the same, and tbh we shouldn’t have had to go through this. You shouldn’t need to be a luthier to receive a great $2,200 guitar. I don’t think you’re foolish trusting one of the biggest names in the Prog world. As has been stated here so many times, most companies don’t have these problems. I also now have no 8-string. This is overall a huge bummer as I had an album I wanted to use an 8 on that I’ve had to push.

I took my refund and went straight to Brandon at Aristides, and I’m SO HAPPY with my decision. Like I got to choose every single aspect down to the color of the bolts and bobbins, and have a custom wiring setup. Of course it added a grand to the price, but I am confident I will receive a perfect instrument, capable of slamming the action without grinding the saddles down.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Cheers bud!

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey dude, honestly you and I are EXACTLY THE SAME PERSON. I feel like our level of knowledge is about the same, and tbh we shouldn’t have had to go through this. You shouldn’t need to be a luthier to receive a great $2,200 guitar. I don’t think you’re foolish trusting one of the biggest names in the Prog world. As has been stated here so many times, most companies don’t have these problems. I also now have no 8-string. This is overall a huge bummer as I had an album I wanted to use an 8 on that I’ve had to push.

I took my refund and went straight to Brandon at Aristides, and I’m SO HAPPY with my decision. Like I got to choose every single aspect down to the color of the bolts and bobbins, and have a custom wiring setup. Of course it added a grand to the price, but I am confident I will receive a perfect instrument, capable of slamming the action without grinding the saddles down.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Cheers bud!

Likewise thank you brotha :)

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
why does this keep happening. says group of people to whom exact same situation happens to all the time.
To be fair I only found this group because I ordered the instrument. Fuck me right??? Definitely not their fault at all lol. I should have done my research on a guitar that has never been released before hahahahha

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
To be fair I only found this group because I ordered the instrument. Fuck me right??? Definitely not their fault at all lol. I should have done my research on a guitar that has never been released before hahahahha

ya, not really directed at you. but this shit happens all the time for tons of brands.

search decibal guitars, brj Black Friday thread in this forum for some fun reading

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
@Vroth88 that sucks man. Did you lose money on the refund?

I’m still disappointed I lost 600$ in exchange rates between Canadian and US dollar for Legion and Spartan refunds.

Also a bit pissed I have to fill forms and mail them to get 700$ worth of customs fees reimbursed, which isn’t sure 100%.

That’s not the fault of Abasi Concepts, just an unfortunate byproduct of the situation.

Last edited:

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Vroth88 that sucks man. Did you lose money on the refund?

I’m still disappointed I lost 600$ in exchange rates between Canadian and US dollar for Legion and Spartan refunds.

Also a bit pissed I have to fill forms and mail them to get 700$ worth of customs fees reimbursed, which isn’t sure 100%.

That’s not the fault of Abasi Concepts, just an unfortunate byproduct of the situation.

There was some money lost in exchange rates yes (and I read that shopify does the same thing as paypal regarding the refund fees, so AC might have lost some money on that end too).

Still waiting on the ~500$ tax/customs refund which supposedly takes some time, why do you think it's not 100% going to be refunded on your end?

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
There was some money lost in exchange rates yes (and I read that shopify does the same thing as paypal regarding the refund fees, so AC might have lost some money on that end too).

Still waiting on the ~500$ tax/customs refund which supposedly takes some time, why do you think it's not 100% going to be refunded on your end?

In what country are you in?

Im in Canada. I need to get ahold of the UPS broker to get the CBSA import reference number to complete the government reimbursement form, then wait months to see if my demand will come through.

Advantage of dealing with a (physical or online) store in your country is you get zero currency exchange rate bs. Lesson learned heheh.

Last edited:

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In what country are you in?

Im in Canada. I need to get ahold of the UPS broker to get the CBSA import reference number to complete the government reimbursement form, then wait months to see if my demand will come through.

Advantage of dealing with a (physical or online) store in your country is you get zero currency exchange rate bs. Lesson learned heheh.

Im in Iceland, very similar procedure with DHL i think, I mentioned the original shipment number when sending the guitar back to the USA and they helped me fill in the customs refund form. Was hoping it would not take longer than a 1-2 weeks instead of months, I'm new to this so I'm not sure

Exactly, some local guitar stores that already sell the same brand (Ibanez, ESP, ..) can order the guitar for you if they don't already have it in their stock/roster and sell it to you directly I hear, so should be no chance of buying a lemon (as long as both parties agree on what makes a guitar a lemon) and then dealing with customs and exchange rates, something I might consider in the future when buying a new guitar hehe

Here's to hoping the best for our next purchases man :)

Decimater1

Deci
Reaction score
I get that these guitars are unique, but holy shit 2k+ for MIK guitars with issues out the ass and boutique availability... I just don't understand the hype lol

Aesthetics on a Big name. How unfortunate this is that they are so badass from one place and so hit and miss from another.

CW7

Reaction score
Annnnd we have another direct scalp. Some dude Has a USA 8 just received from last batch and on reverb for 4k. Man I hate humans , sometimes .

CW7

Reaction score
Ugh, whyyyyyyyyy.

Yeah- like, I get it, "free market", yada yada, but man...There's dudes that would give right leg to snag one of these, and instead they're being bought up and relisted IMMEDIATELY for profit. I sure hope the seller gets caught holding the bag on that one. Scummy isn't harsh enough imo. Same with the game consoles. Kids that just want a PS5 or xbox and parents either pay twice the price or have to explain it's not coming until after the holidays.

CW7

Reaction score
ok- So not from last batch. I am already saucy from looking for a PS5 for my nephew the last few days and ruining into scalper hell. lol But still... Maybe the guy who got my black one will hit him with a good sob story and get a nice discount. I dig it, but not for 700 over retail.

Lordcephid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Annnnd we have another direct scalp. Some dude Has a USA 8 just received from last batch and on reverb for 4k. Man I hate humans , sometimes .

i think that was 2 batches before. The batch where I got my night garden didn’t have this colour. If not I would have gone for it. Mine was from October release, in September they released those purple and reds. The one on reverb should have been from June. Highly doubt it’s mint at all

Reactions: CW7