Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
IMO drop sale structures lead to bad behavior.

This wouldn’t be happening if there were pre orders.
This is true, but the problem with preorders is people getting upset, rightfully, when dates are missed. They went to this model specifically because that happened last time. If they're only getting so much capacity from Grover then this is the only answer, short of finding a different builder.

CW7

Reaction score
This is true, but the problem with preorders is people getting upset, rightfully, when dates are missed. They went to this model specifically because that happened last time. If they're only getting so much capacity from Grover then this is the only answer, short of finding a different builder.
I guess in the end , frustrating as it may be, it’s working for them from a marketing standpoint. Even with the QC “fails” they’re still getting snatched up at a quick clip. (I had a legion I listed for 1800 and it didn’t last 24 hours.)

CW7

Reaction score
I quoted your post instead of the one ankle/ whoops. We are on the same page. I don’t see any other viable way for them to release these since it seems sporadic at best and they’re always in small batches from USA and J factories

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I guess in the end , frustrating as it may be, it’s working for them from a marketing standpoint. Even with the QC “fails” they’re still getting snatched up at a quick clip. (I had a legion I listed for 1800 and it didn’t last 24 hours.)
My only issue with the QC stuff now is then not even publicly acknowledging their mistake.

They downright messed up and these fanboys outside of this forum probably have no idea.

ibmust wish they’d man up and admit they have a problem. I want to know how many legions were returned. We as a consumer have the right to know to make more informed decisions. This company is running on pure social media hype. Let’s see how long this model lasts

Reactions: CW7

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
My only issue with the QC stuff now is then not even publicly acknowledging their mistake.

They downright messed up and these fanboys outside of this forum probably have no idea.

ibmust wish they’d man up and admit they have a problem. I want to know how many legions were returned. We as a consumer have the right to know to make more informed decisions. This company is running on pure social media hype. Let’s see how long this model lasts
I don't really see what good posting "sorry about the QC problems" does if they're already refunding everyone who wants one.

If people can't tell when they receive a messed up guitar and they're happy with it, what does that gain? Like, it's possible all the bad ones are posted here based on the number of new users posting in this thread. Which amounts to, what, a dozen out of 200?

Im not excusing bad guitars, but if every unhappy customer gets a refund what's the problem?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not that I'm in favor of runaway capitalism, but one way to combat this is to just list the guitars as to-bid items. If the guitars are getting flipped like this, it means that the price is below what the market will bear. I hate that it's the case, as actual musicians can't get their hands on it, but I'm not sure how else you'd be able to deal with it.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've never played one but why is the hype so insane? I don't see anything that would get me to buy one. If I wanted MIK with fluences, multiscale, and SS frets I'd just get a schecter. It has zero draw and 4k for something that probably cost the manufacturer 40% of that in the factory is insane.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I've never played one but why is the hype so insane? I don't see anything that would get me to buy one. If I wanted MIK with fluences, multiscale, and SS frets I'd just get a schecter. It has zero draw and 4k for something that probably cost the manufacturer 40% of that in the factory is insane.
I mean I can only speak for myself, but it really just comes down to the body contours. I find a lot of flat top, arch top, or standard F type bodies to be a bit uncomfortable because I'm just fat lmao. Guitars always seem to slide away from me. Until I tried an RGD. The body contour was one of the first times I felt truly comfortable with a guitar on either leg for the most part. I recently got a Kiesel Osiris and it's the same thing. The body bevels have almost become a must for me haha. Tosin being attached to the brand means actually zero to me, I just think the shape would work really well for me since similar ones have in the past. Mind you, I also have not and won't be buying one until some decent ones get into the hands of people but that's at least why I'm interested. For the rest of people, yeah Tosin being part of the brand is probably one of the main driving factors.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
See the thing I disliked the about the shape in practice was the higher fret access felt so weird and I play on my right leg so there was all kinds of neck dive. All in all. I just lost all interest.

Lordcephid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I got one without trying because after playing my Majesty for long, ergonomics and comfort became a top priority for me. From time to time, I go back to my Schecter Loomis and find it uncomfortable and not wanting to play it for a long time (doesn't help that the guitar is heavy and I'm a pretty small guy). So watching Abasi's video on how he designed his guitar, I just knew that the comfort of the guitar was gonna be how the Majesty is. Ballsy move for not trying the guitar at all before buying and having it shipped halfway across the world to me, but I would say that the Abasi is actually more comfortable than the Majesty IMO.

That said, I'm curious to see the Majesty 8 string. Might be a much better buy than an Abasi.

CW7

Reaction score
Thats funny, i had bought that white J7 and in a moment of panic over potentially making a bad decision asked ivan to cancel the order. Im glad it ended up somewhere good!
I think there were 2- I bought one the minute it went up. But I saw a white one later - like the next day, still available. Same with the pink. I know two who got one .

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I mean I left lower-star updated review talking about how disappointed I was in having to return it and they posted it to their site... they could have easily NOT done that.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got one without trying because after playing my Majesty for long, ergonomics and comfort became a top priority for me. From time to time, I go back to my Schecter Loomis and find it uncomfortable and not wanting to play it for a long time (doesn't help that the guitar is heavy and I'm a pretty small guy). So watching Abasi's video on how he designed his guitar, I just knew that the comfort of the guitar was gonna be how the Majesty is. Ballsy move for not trying the guitar at all before buying and having it shipped halfway across the world to me, but I would say that the Abasi is actually more comfortable than the Majesty IMO.

That said, I'm curious to see the Majesty 8 string. Might be a much better buy than an Abasi.
I’ve heard some fun rumors about that Majesty and I’m actually super stoked for it!