Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) has died?! :(

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
USA eII? EII are Japanese, no?

I'm not sure honestly. I know there appears to be 2 different versions: 1 with the longer horn like the USA models and one with the traditional shape. I'm not very familiar with the EII line but that would make sense.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I'm not sure honestly. I know there appears to be 2 different versions: 1 with the longer horn like the USA models and one with the traditional shape. I'm not very familiar with the EII line but that would make sense.

The Longhorns are meant for the US market where I guess Jackson/Fender have threatened ESP against using a similar shape or something.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There appear to be two versions: one with a traditional shape that might have to be ordered direct from Japan, and a shitty version for poseurs that Alexi would never have played.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
That's a million times nicer. Wish they would've just released that. Interesting pickup selector placement, though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's a million times nicer. Wish they would've just released that. Interesting pickup selector placement, though.
It's actually not a prototype. It's pretty much a stock ESP USA V-II FR. Control config, finish, etc. Only mods appear to be the HZ pickups.

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/usa-v-ii-fr

Unless the fact its a prototype means it was a prototype for the USA V-II model.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I think she also said he gave it to his niece or something lol. That's a pricey guitar for a teenager

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea makes no sense Alexi would have a "prototype" built by the USA shop which is basically cookie cutter "pick off the menu." If he did have a prototype it would definitely be built by the Japanese shop I'd assume, right?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm most surprised by the inlays than anything else, I think not since Scythe/CKY has he not used the Sawtooth inlay? It's weird seeing a V, especially knowing it's HIS, with just offset dots.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm most surprised by the inlays than anything else, I think not since Scythe/CKY has he not used the Sawtooth inlay? It's weird seeing a V, especially knowing it's HIS, with just offset dots.

It probably wasn't a custom order. They probably sent a bunch of artists some stock ESP USAs and were like "hey pimp this shit for us so we can sell more kthx". Seems like they did that for guys like Alex Skolnick, Richard Kruspe, Willie Adler, etc.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It probably wasn't a custom order. They probably sent a bunch of artists some stock ESP USAs and were like "hey pimp this shit for us so we can sell more kthx". Seems like they did that for guys like Alex Skolnick, Richard Kruspe, Willie Adler, etc.

Oh, you mean Willie's new like purple quilt one? If so then that makes sense. It doesn't seem like one he'd order, but it was still a beautiful Eclipse at the end of the day.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
It's actually not a prototype. It's pretty much a stock ESP USA V-II FR. Control config, finish, etc. Only mods appear to be the HZ pickups.

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/usa-v-ii-fr

Unless the fact its a prototype means it was a prototype for the USA V-II model.
Ah gotcha. Went by what she said at face value, which... Everyone involved with alexi seems to be making shit up

SloeGin

Reaction score
from ESP Guitars Finland facebook :

We’ve received so many questions and wishes about this… now it’s real: ESP will make an Edwards Arrowhead Alexi Laiho Signature, this time with a deeper cutaway! Estimated availability: May 2022 and July 2022. Pre-order yours!
The Arrowhead is based on Alexi's own ESP Custom Shop Arrowhead, one of his most recognizable ones and a guitar he used live extensively.
This limited edition production model is made in Japan and features thick yellow arrowhead stripes on top and back. The pearloid inlays are also arrowhead-shaped.
This Edwards version features a deeper cutaway that Alexi started to use in his later Custom Shop instruments. It allows easier access to the upper frets. Other specs are also 100% ESP quality and familiar from other Edwards Alexi Laiho Signature models: Maple neck through body, satin grip neck finish, alder body wings, ebony fretboard with 24 frets, Floyd Rose 1000 tremolo bridge, EMG HZ humbucker pickup with volume pot and ESP MM-04 booster with on/off switch.

https://www.musamaailma.fi/en/esp-e...mc_4KhxKetyxMTTn_ZlCEPDRJHx8-u6j4RAsB11Mygdb8

feilong29

Reaction score
from ESP Guitars Finland facebook :

We’ve received so many questions and wishes about this… now it’s real: ESP will make an Edwards Arrowhead Alexi Laiho Signature, this time with a deeper cutaway! Estimated availability: May 2022 and July 2022. Pre-order yours!
The Arrowhead is based on Alexi's own ESP Custom Shop Arrowhead, one of his most recognizable ones and a guitar he used live extensively.
This limited edition production model is made in Japan and features thick yellow arrowhead stripes on top and back. The pearloid inlays are also arrowhead-shaped.
This Edwards version features a deeper cutaway that Alexi started to use in his later Custom Shop instruments. It allows easier access to the upper frets. Other specs are also 100% ESP quality and familiar from other Edwards Alexi Laiho Signature models: Maple neck through body, satin grip neck finish, alder body wings, ebony fretboard with 24 frets, Floyd Rose 1000 tremolo bridge, EMG HZ humbucker pickup with volume pot and ESP MM-04 booster with on/off switch.

https://www.musamaailma.fi/en/esp-e...mc_4KhxKetyxMTTn_ZlCEPDRJHx8-u6j4RAsB11Mygdb8

I'm plotting to get one as that is my favorite model of all time!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Fuck me, I think I might have to cancel my Hexed pre-order if those come stateside, that's THE OG Wildchild V.

THat would be really cool to see next year, given it'll be the 25th anniversary of the Something Wild album.

...I know that was done on the Jackson and Ibanez, but still. You'd have to wait until 2023 for his 20th anniversary of being with ESP. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling the release will be staggered just enough that I end up with the Hexed when the Arrowhead pre-orders open up; wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with both, which would be highly unnecessary but YOLO.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm plotting to get one as that is my favorite model of all time!

I saw this the announcement this morning and instantly thought of you :lol:

I am thinking of jumping in on this one too. Alexi's guitars are just too sexy to pass up. It sucks cause it prevents me from buying other shit I also want and probably have more of a need for :lol:

feilong29

Reaction score
I saw this the announcement this morning and instantly thought of you :lol:

I am thinking of jumping in on this one too. Alexi's guitars are just too sexy to pass up. It sucks cause it prevents me from buying other shit I also want and probably have more of a need for :lol:

Bro! I nearly died when I saw the announcement! I almost thought about selling my Blacky, but I'm going to sell either my Jackson RR24 (maybe not) or my ESP Jerk, or some other combinations--I need to have my Alexi collection \m/ YOLO

Latest posts