ALLEGAEON Metal Blade Debut out now, check out this vid

• Thread starter ALLEGAEON
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEGAEON

Reaction score
Our album came out last tuesday. So far, not to brag, we have been getting great reviews. Here is a sample vid that we made of one of the songs off the CD. It has a couple glitches and we are aware of that but it works for its purposes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jtizzle

Reaction score
You guys are sick. I've been hearing from you guys a lot through Metal Blade tweets. I decided to check you guys out, and y'all easily became one of my favorite Death Metal bands.
I really love that acoustic part on the Vals 666.

But yeah, at first I thought you guys weren't gonna be that great before I heard you, cause of that band Aegeon, which I dislike a lot.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I really like your music! Congrats being signed to that label...

Did you guys just send in a press kit and bam? ... Juss curious..
Excelent music!

ALLEGAEON

Reaction score
I really like your music! Congrats being signed to that label...

Did you guys just send in a press kit and bam? ... Juss curious..
Excelent music!

Actually i did a big marketing/mailing campaign where I made realy unique amo boxes to send stuff to all the big labels and did all kinds of other cool packaging ideas, non of which worked. So yes i did send in demos but in the end it was the guys from sickdrummermagazine.com who i believe sent in our EP for us. Our drummer was only like 17 or 18 when we recorded our EP so they were pretty blown away by his playing and helped us out.

So the big thing to take away from that really is to try and get in touch with as many people and network as much as possible cuz you never know who might come across it.

Also for liability reasons, alot of labels wont actually listen to demos anymore at all, so do but most dont.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Actually i did a big marketing/mailing campaign where I made realy unique amo boxes to send stuff to all the big labels and did all kinds of other cool packaging ideas, non of which worked. So yes i did send in demos but in the end it was the guys from sickdrummermagazine.com who i believe sent in our EP for us. Our drummer was only like 17 or 18 when we recorded our EP so they were pretty blown away by his playing and helped us out.

So the big thing to take away from that really is to try and get in touch with as many people and network as much as possible cuz you never know who might come across it.

Also for liability reasons, alot of labels wont actually listen to demos anymore at all, so do but most dont.

Awsome effort with the amo boxes, but i've read everywhere on the topic of presskits and the more simple packaging the better. I even read not to plastic wrap your cd cases so its more easy to open. No large elaborate eye catching packaging ect..... (Just for anyone reading this)

It does not matter now, you are signed to about the greatest metal label possible.:lol: Great job!
Well deserved too might I add. Badass music and great lyrical content (as mentioned above)

I will go out and buy this album once its in stores!
Thank you for the reply and the advise about networking as much as possible.
+1 rep from me

Jtizzle

Reaction score

Who in the band are you btw?

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Shit sounds sick.

Are you the ones that Laura from Saved By Ruin told me about last year?

cryogen

Reaction score
What the hell do you guys think you are doing on here....You dont even play seven string guitars....:wavey:

Stoked for the Goat Roast next month, i plan on blacking out at some point....

haha man. Brian and I actually used to own Halo 7 string's and wrote maybe two songs with them. They were pretty shit guitars though, even with the EMG 707's we put in them, and we both ended up selling them a few months later.

I just bought a Warmoth 7 off ebay a few weeks ago to start playing around with a 7 again, and Brian should be getting his 7 in next week. We'll see what we can come up with. :)

The real reason I registered on here (last year) was to spam a Cryogen EP.. lol
..and yeah, the goat roast should be fun. It's at a brewery, which is the best part about it IMO, so I may be blacking out with you. haha

ALLEGAEON

Reaction score
haha man. Brian and I actually used to own Halo 7 string's and wrote maybe two songs with them. They were pretty shit guitars though, even with the EMG 707's we put in them, and we both ended up selling them a few months later.

I just bought a Warmoth 7 off ebay a few weeks ago to start playing around with a 7 again, and Brian should be getting his 7 in next week. We'll see what we can come up with. :)

The real reason I registered on here (last year) was to spam a Cryogen EP.. lol
..and yeah, the goat roast should be fun. It's at a brewery, which is the best part about it IMO, so I may be blacking out with you. haha

As long as it isnt like that first show we ever played where i got heat sickness or whatever it was and had to leave. I think that was back when my vagina was much much larger though. Also, Otero is supposed to be making a special brew, so hopefully he wont F it up and make us all sick.

cryogen

Reaction score
As long as it isnt like that first show we ever played where i got heat sickness or whatever it was and had to leave. I think that was back when my vagina was much much larger though. Also, Otero is supposed to be making a special brew, so hopefully he wont F it up and make us all sick.

haha, mike ended up puking at that show right after we finished our set. It was fucking HOT that day I remember.

I'm also ready for Otero's brew man. He made this wheat beer when we were in the studio with him that tasted just like franziskaner hefeweizen, which is pretty much my favorite beer.

ALLEGAEON

Reaction score
haha, mike ended up puking at that show right after we finished our set. It was fucking HOT that day I remember.

I'm also ready for Otero's brew man. He made this wheat beer when we were in the studio with him that tasted just like franziskaner hefeweizen, which is pretty much my favorite beer.

The only thing i had for a studio rider (not that we really got one) was that i required Daves special brew and the A hole never made me any. SO i better be getting a massive amount that day to compensate. Franzikaner is pretty good. I went with him when that brewery in Denver got in for one day the Pliney the Younger brew. Mind blowingly good IPA. Nothing has come close since. They only distribute a batch once a year.