Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reau

Reaction score
I wonder what gauge he uses on the low string, it looks super floppy!

Javier has mentioned in interviews that he uses DR Strings with a 80 bass string for the low E.

And DR Strings had this on their website. :D

Attachments

• DRSTRINGSADVERT-Animals.jpg
    DRSTRINGSADVERT-Animals.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 90

Kroaton

Reaction score
.75 for low E at 27" , 14ish pounds of tension with Circle K though I have no ideea how that would translate to DR , probably less than 14. That explains the flabbiness.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I wonder what gauge he uses on the low string, it looks super floppy!

Probably just the camera. I think if the frame rate is syncing up with the string vibrations, it looks really floppy.
I think its how they did the guitar shots in pantera's five minutes alone video.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Can anyone bring me up to date on whats going on in the studio.
whats going on in the studio?
are they writing or recording ATM?
is bulb helping?
is the rest of AaL helping if misha is there?
when did they start / announce stuff?
what did they say when they announced stuff?

cheers

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
Misha wrote 7 songs with Tosin, and AAL will complete the rest of the album. Tosin also got a sick 8-string 27" acoustic from Julien Bergeron. They're still writing atm, and going on tour with Meshuggah and Intronaut. I'm not sure but it makes complete sense that Misha would produce the album.

Better yet, that Misha and Nolly produce the album :wub:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Just realized how amazing if Tosin abasi and les claypool shared a stage!
or even released a real funky EP!

reau

Reaction score
Here is the March installment of Prog-gnosis. Tosin teaches more sections of David.

And I'm definitely picking up some Ionizer pickups now. They really do sound great.

orange1

Reaction score
That guitar looks/sounds pretty rad. At first I hated the color but its a grower. The pickups sound pretty darn good for 8 string pups. I think its bout time I retire the old emgz

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Here is the March installment of Prog-gnosis. Tosin teaches more sections of David.

And I'm definitely picking up some Ionizer pickups now. They really do sound great.

Guitar World is struggling so hard to bleep out all the umm's in that video!! :rofl:

2:00!!!

trent6308

Reaction score
Just started listening to AAL newer stuff. I'm really diggin the jazz feel to some of the songs.

I've actually been playing it at work and haven't been scared that some screaming death metal voice is going to offend someone who walks in the room.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Just started listening to AAL newer stuff. I'm really diggin the jazz feel to some of the songs.

I've actually been playing it at work and haven't been scared that some screaming death metal voice is going to offend someone who walks in the room.

Well, thats usually not a thing you'd have to worry about with instrumental music...

anomynous

Reaction score
So with the first show on the Meshuggah tour happening in a few days, I wonder if we'll get any new songs?

They were playing Isolated Incidents months before Weightless came out, and the album's due out in the Spring.