Any Black Metal Fans out there?

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post. Wanted to see if there are any fans of black metal here.... if so what bands do you like? :hbang:

Here is a link to my black metal project. Full length will be out in a few months:

Nox Aeternum

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Black metal? This is relevant to my interests. I love black metal!

When I'm at home later tonight, I'll check out your project. And you should check out mine - Algarothsyum, as the music draws lots of influence from black metal. Especially the new EP that I just released.

Emperor, Mork Gryning, Autumn's Kingdom, Alrakis, Keep of Kalessin (their early albums), Abigor, 1349, Darkthrone (duh), Veneficum, Leviathan, Nightbringer, Ceremonial Castings... too many bands that I love to list.

Let's talk black metal. I could talk about it for daaaaaaays.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Black metal fan checking in. Will check out our project later. As for favorites, have to go with Leviathan, Xasthur, throwback Behemoth (and current, but that's more blackened death ;)), Carach Angren, Mayhem, Dissection, Marduk, for comedic reasons more than substance, Immortal. And some may argue that it's not trve and kvlt, but Abigail Williams are one of my favorites.

prisonbreak

Reaction score
I'm a black metal fan too, but I prefer the atmospheric/ambient black!

My favourites are: Dissection, WITTR, Woman is The Earth, Saor, Thulcandra (ok, they're almost like Dissection), Ulver, Nachtmystium.

I'll check out your project ASAP. If you want you can check out mine: https://chiral27.bandcamp.com/

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
yup, ever since I discovered Emperor at age 15 I've been hooked. Been getting into some of the weirder bm bands recently, like Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, Oranssi Pazuzu etc. Also dig Twilight, Leviathan, Shining, Paysage d'Hiver, and way too many others. Don't have any bm projects of my own, but my other guitarist is in a sweet band called Heron Sacrifice | Heron

broj15

Reaction score
black metal fan here. Silencer, Xasthur, Krallice, Panopticon, Shining, and Dopamine have been getting a lot of play lately.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
I like black metal when it's well done. As with every subgenre, there's a whole mass of bands that are just noise. Especially since it's a noisy genre to start with :lol:

Dissection is probably my favourite BM band, especially Storm Of The Light's Bane, that's probably my favourite album overall. Whenever I'm sad or pissed off, I just listen to Night's Blood and I feel good again :)
I also dig Emperor's early albums, without all the prog stuff... Nightside and Anthems are masterpieces IMO. Dimmu Borgir's first 3 albums are awesome, plus Death Cult Armageddon was really ace... Burzum's eponymous album...

A few lesser known albums I find kickass :
Vreid - "Kraft" and "Pitch Black Brigade". Vreid and Cor Scorpii are bands formed by some of the Windir members after that band dissolved. Vreid is some world war II themed stuff
Agathodaimon - "Chapter III" (for Dissection fans, with epic parts, acoustic parts, melodies etc)

The problem I have with black metal is that, while most bands are able to make a record that I like, most aren't consistent to my tastes.

InHiding

Reaction score
Been a black metal fan since the Emperor/Enslaved split! It was pretty underground back then and a lot of crazy shit happened in Norway... The music is great. I actually never really listened to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant back in the 90's and lately I've been into that one.

Reactions: X1X

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
Dude Vhyle, your project kicks ass. I really like the concept of seasons. Maybe I should move to Tennessee and we can start the next Watain haha.

Morphesia is awesome too. You guys should keep in touch. There aren't many black metal musicians in my area and it's nice to see some American guys ripping it up.

The Album I'm working on now will be a full length of older songs more in the vein of Marduk, Infernal War, Tsjuder ect. I think I'll wait until the next one to really break out the experimental/atmospheric side....

All of you have good taste! I love Dissection and I'm the same way with Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. All of the classics really but never been a huge fan of Emperor. I'm not sure sure why because I love Ihsahn's solo stuff

I also love Deathspell Omega. If you like Deathspell, I recommend the following to check out:

Funeral Mist
Katharsis
Kriegsmaschine (newest album is sick)
Thunderbolt
Antaeus
Aeosoth
Nebelwerfer
Massemord
Helrunar
Order of Orias
Sojaruun
Infestus

I love the more atmospheric and doomy stuff too

Neige et Noirceur
Panopticon
Wolves in the throne Room
Nasheim
Astriaal
Alcest
Raventale
Skogen
Totalselfhatred
And the best project ever - Aquilus

I tried to include lesser known bands so let me know if there is anything cool I'm missing! :agreed:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Nah, can't say I'm a huge black metal fan...

WSzdLBQ.png

aheadofmetal

Reaction score
I'm a black metal fan too, but I prefer the atmospheric/ambient black!

My favourites are: Dissection, WITTR, Woman is The Earth, Saor, Thulcandra (ok, they're almost like Dissection), Ulver, Nachtmystium.

I'll check out your project ASAP. If you want you can check out mine: https://chiral27.bandcamp.com/

This is awesome too man. I just checked it out. Great stuff! :yesway:

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
there's been quite a lot of threads on BM lately-http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/general-music-discussion/259176-black-metal-svperhypervltramegathread-kvltness-tr00ness-only.html for example

Lots of great BM bands already mentioned - from your (OP) posts, try out:
Blut Aus Nord
Ansur
Vehementer Nos
Reverence
Vyrion
Krallice
Thorns
Axis of Perdition
Ved Buens Ende

are all more or less in the dissonant technical sphere of DSO.

Daeniel

7string n00b!
Reaction score
I'm in ;) Me personally loves Emperor, Dissection, Ulver, Wolves in the throne room, Enslaved and much more... maybe it's not classified as black anymore but the first Cradle of Filth, Covenant and Dimmu Borgir stuff was also great imho.

Is there anything I'm really been missing out in the last years?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I'm in ;) Me personally loves Emperor, Dissection, Ulver, Wolves in the throne room, Enslaved and much more... maybe it's not classified as black anymore but the first Cradle of Filth, Covenant and Dimmu Borgir stuff was also great imho.

Is there anything I'm really been missing out in the last years?

Yeah... this:

There's about 3 albums of it, too.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
ATTN: Vhyle --

This seems like something you might interested. And I'm pretty sure they are using 7 strings as well... [refer to photos]

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
ATTN: Vhyle --

This seems like something you might interested. And I'm pretty sure they are using 7 strings as well... [refer to photos]

sweetjesus.jpg

aheadofmetal said:
Dude Vhyle, your project kicks ass. I really like the concept of seasons. Maybe I should move to Tennessee and we can start the next Watain haha.

Thanks a lot man! I'm a sucker for concepts and progressing themes, and since Algarothsyum is all about the post-apocalypse, I was itching to do a concept of seasons in the wastelands. I'm glad you dig it! There's two full-length albums on there as well for you to enjoy.

If you come to Tennessee, let me know and we'll rip shit up, man. I'm always down for jamming with other metal musicians around here. And the Nashville metal scene is pretty solid. Animality, Iraconji, Ophiuchus (my favorite band from here), Enfold Darkness, Inferi, Obelisk... we have a very nice roster of fantastic local metal bands.