Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Just saw that too. The Aqua looks killer.

Between that and the possible Fluence 8 string singles, I have a slew of options for the next 080 I want.
Whoa. I didn’t know there might be Fluence 8 string singles. I love singles on low tuned instruments. I’ll be on the lookout for that!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the H series will sit properly in a K&M Guardian stand?

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from Aristides about what they'll do to fix the mistake with the swapped volume and arcade killswitch. I hope it's as simple as just patching up the big hole with epoxy.

PascalAristides

Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from Aristides about what they'll do to fix the mistake with the swapped volume and arcade killswitch. I hope it's as simple as just patching up the big hole with epoxy.
Hey Rob!!

This is Pascal from Aristides, a client of ours just notified us about your posts here on SSO and I'm so happy he did!
First of all, we're so sorry for the unfortunate miscommunication on the killswitch position, we of course take full responsibility for that and thankfully it's something we can sort fairly easy and swap the positions of the volume pot and killswitch
As soon as we received your email about this on May 5th, we replied in the same email thread on May 6th and again on May 9th. Could it be that these emails ended up in your spam filter Rob?
We replied to the email you sent this weekend this morning, I'm not sure if that one got through to you?
Either way, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience! If you could please let us know if you can find our email emails in your spam folder, to ensure that you got all the info, that would be amazing!
If email keeps giving you issues, feel free to reach out to me directly through Facebook messenger (Pascal Langelaar) or Instagram (PascalAristides) and we'll get it all sorted. Thanks so much Rob!
(Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by jumping on here as a company representative, I usually only read along on here! :) We appreciate all the support a ton!!)
Ps. I'll shoot you a DM here on SSO where I'll copy the text of the emails as well, to ensure that you got it!

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I usually only read along on here!
Paradis-Avalon-Spuler-2004-14012017-7.jpg

?

ChrisTheo

Reaction score
^ Yeah they'd be really cool additions.

I'm torn whether to try and change my recent H/0 order from seafoam to aqua. But then again I know now what colour I'd get for a 2nd so may just leave my current order as is
I have the H series in seafoam raw, you'll love it. Doesn't come across in photos particularly well IMO.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Rob!!

This is Pascal from Aristides, a client of ours just notified us about your posts here on SSO and I'm so happy he did!
First of all, we're so sorry for the unfortunate miscommunication on the killswitch position, we of course take full responsibility for that and thankfully it's something we can sort fairly easy and swap the positions of the volume pot and killswitch
As soon as we received your email about this on May 5th, we replied in the same email thread on May 6th and again on May 9th. Could it be that these emails ended up in your spam filter Rob?
We replied to the email you sent this weekend this morning, I'm not sure if that one got through to you?
Either way, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience! If you could please let us know if you can find our email emails in your spam folder, to ensure that you got all the info, that would be amazing!
If email keeps giving you issues, feel free to reach out to me directly through Facebook messenger (Pascal Langelaar) or Instagram (PascalAristides) and we'll get it all sorted. Thanks so much Rob!
(Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by jumping on here as a company representative, I usually only read along on here! :) We appreciate all the support a ton!!)
Ps. I'll shoot you a DM here on SSO where I'll copy the text of the emails as well, to ensure that you got it!
Hi Pascal! It's good that someone brought my post to your attention (and thank you, whoever you are!). It is as you suspected--your subsequent emails ended up in my spambox. I don't know why that happened, as my email program should know that I've had many correspondences with Aristides and shouldn't flag them as spam.

Anyway, I found those emails and I'll reply to them now.

And just to let others here know, my feeling about the swapped positions is that the volume knob is too close to the bridge and bridge pickup, and when I need to palm mute the lower strings (for example, playing an ostinato pattern that's all palm muted that's in one of my songs, which uses the D, G, B, E strings), it's very likely my right hand will rub against the volume knob. Also, with the killswitch about 6 inches away from the thicker strings, it might be a bit far to do fast killswitch patterns while in-between fast riffing on the 7th and 8th strings. The layout I intended would not have those problems.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Hi Pascal! It's good that someone brought my post to your attention (and thank you, whoever you are!). It is as you suspected--your subsequent emails ended up in my spambox. I don't know why that happened, as my email program should know that I've had many correspondences with Aristides and shouldn't flag them as spam.

Anyway, I found those emails and I'll reply to them now.

And just to let others here know, my feeling about the swapped positions is that the volume knob is too close to the bridge and bridge pickup, and when I need to palm mute the lower strings (for example, playing an ostinato pattern that's all palm muted that's in one of my songs, which uses the D, G, B, E strings), it's very likely my right hand will rub against the volume knob. Also, with the killswitch about 6 inches away from the thicker strings, it might be a bit far to do fast killswitch patterns while in-between fast riffing on the 7th and 8th strings. The layout I intended would not have those problems.
You're welcome, bud. I run a killswitch on my fretless 070 and was intrigued in how your situation would be fixed and saw you hadn't seen a response so I bugged our lactose intolerant overlord @Pascal89

Flynn Edwards

Reaction score
Hey Aristides owners,
I'm very close to being able to order my first Aristides (and seven string) and wanted to check in about a few things and see what your opinions are. I play progressive metal (as most of us do), and listen to Periphery, Plini, Caligula's Horse, AAL, and Leprous to name a few.

My current two spec ideas are:
Model: 070R or H/07R
Pickups: Fishman Abasi
Selector: 5 Way + only Vol
Bridge: US Contour or Hantug trem
Fretboard: Black
Inlay: A + H/0 or 070
Inlay Material: MOP
Side dots: Blue
Knobs: Hipshot
Hardware: Black
Finish: Light Grey

My questions:
- Having not played an Aristides before, Im a bit nervous about how it feels/sounds. If you live in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area in Australia, I'd really appreciate it if you would let me try out your guitar in person, but I understand that this is a massive thing to do, so Im totally cool if that's a boundary you wont cross.
- I've watched the H/0 restringing video, and the folding of the string + measuring it out is a bit of a concern for me as being difficult (I use a floyd on my six, but I don't have to physically measure anything precisely), is this really such a big deal?
- Can you equip a tremol-no on the US Contour or Hantug trem? I want to at least change from B standard to Drop A (I'll use neural DSP to do pitch shifting from there)
- Is tuning on a H/O like using fine tuners on a Floyd, or does it make big pitch changes like tuners at the headstock
- I was also thinking about putting Juggernauts in there, but the Abasis seem so much more versatile, what are your thoughts?

Sorry, a lot of questions, I'd be really grateful if only one is answered.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
^ I've got an H/07R on order with a tremelno for the Hantung :)
It is an upcharge as they need to source the parts and do some more labour to install it.

JayAristides

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey there guys!
This is Jay from Aristides. i just wanted to let you guys know that i'll be monitoring the Aristides related things here:)
if you guys have any questions feel free to reach out to us personally!
i'm already having a lot of fun reading through the threads. it's good to see that y'all are spreading the love that we have for our instruments!
@Flynn Edwards
feel free to send me an email, maybe i can help you with your questions, or see if there's someone in Australia who can help you out with trying one.

Have a good one guys!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Hey there guys!
This is Jay from Aristides. i just wanted to let you guys know that i'll be monitoring the Aristides related things here:)
if you guys have any questions feel free to reach out to us personally!
i'm already having a lot of fun reading through the threads. it's good to see that y'all are spreading the love that we have for our instruments!
@Flynn Edwards
feel free to send me an email, maybe i can help you with your questions, or see if there's someone in Australia who can help you out with trying one.

Have a good one guys!
See above for my question

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
H/0 trem users, is the arm just push in/pull out? Do you need to loosen the bolt to pull out the arm at all? Tried to contact hantug directly but they haven’t responded.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In the latest email, it was confirmed that my guess about how they'll fix the swapping of volume and arcade killswitch was correctly. They'll fill the larger hole with Arium and the enlarge the volume knob hole. The tricky part would be to make it look totally seamless, so I assume they'd have to sand and redo the outer coat.

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
H/0 trem users, is the arm just push in/pull out? Do you need to loosen the bolt to pull out the arm at all? Tried to contact hantug directly but they haven’t responded.

The trem bar screws in. If you just push it in, it will be wobbly. Push it in, turn it a few times until you feel it's secure. I've never touched the bolt when I used the trem.