Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Does anyone else get annoyed when the bassist starts doing that dinosaur walk/weird dance around the stage or in music videos?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I don't think it's really awesome, but I don't get pissed. :lol: I just take it as him being super out of his mind on drugs.

bouVIP

Reaction score
:wallbash:
I don't think it's really awesome, but I don't get pissed. :lol: I just take it as him being super out of his mind on drugs.

This!!! He's always so stoned or at least it seems like it in every video I've seen of him

Don Vito

Reaction score

Ole' Rob's got David beat when it comes to jiggin' it on stage.

Maybe one day he will get to crabwalk/monkey levels.

Right now he's just at normal crabcore/taiko levels. He needs to train harder to increase his power level.

Tjore

Hipster Jesus
Reaction score
From what I've seen regarding the pre-pro updates and how Lee manged the solo on Follow the signs and stuff like that, I think maybe Born of Osiris is better off without Jason now.
DON'T GET MAD AT ME, OK!? MY OPINION!! And I really didn't think this after it happened!! :lol:

As we all noticed on The Discovery, Born of Osiris didn't really sound like Born of Osiris, it started to sound more like The Faceless and everything was more spacious, and I could barely hear the guitars, by the way, which I think is something you should hear crystal clearly in a metal album, in my opinion.
I think that Jason really changed the band permanently, but now that good old Lee Evans is back in the band, I think they will use shapes and ideas that connects the music a bit more to their old stuff. And I like that, I think old Born of Osiris was what Born of Osiris was, if you get what I'm trying to say here.

This is all what I think, so don't block me or neg rep the hell out of me, first time I've ever posted something in this thread too, haha :)

Don Vito

Reaction score
I love the style BoO had on A Higher Place.

If the production was better, and there were less filler parts, it would have been my favorite album from them. The first pre pro update reminded me of AHP, so I'm excited personally.

And BoO....BRING BACK THE RIFFS.

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
From what I've seen regarding the pre-pro updates and how Lee manged the solo on Follow the signs and stuff like that, I think maybe Born of Osiris is better off without Jason now.
DON'T GET MAD AT ME, OK!? MY OPINION!! And I really didn't think this after it happened!! :lol:

As we all noticed on The Discovery, Born of Osiris didn't really sound like Born of Osiris, it started to sound more like The Faceless and everything was more spacious, and I could barely hear the guitars, by the way, which I think is something you should hear crystal clearly in a metal album, in my opinion.
I think that Jason really changed the band permanently, but now that good old Lee Evans is back in the band, I think they will use shapes and ideas that connects the music a bit more to their old stuff. And I like that, I think old Born of Osiris was what Born of Osiris was, if you get what I'm trying to say here.

This is all what I think, so don't block me or neg rep the hell out of me, first time I've ever posted something in this thread too, haha :)
its not about managing the follow the signs solo. Ive been playing for about a year and ive mastered that solo. The real stuff is in behold and devastate! and he hasn't seemed to be able to do the devastate solo yet. I wonder if they are gonna find a new shredder or just stick with Lee Evans? I hope they find a new lead guy tho so i can see devastate live again

Sikthness

Reaction score
Yeah I hate when someone does something different on stage.

oh come on don't attack the guy just cuz he doesn't like somethin a band you like does. What if he started wearing a man-sized diaper on stage and playing his bass w/ a huge rattle? Would you still respond in defense of his actions cuz they were different?!!?!?!?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah I hate when someone does something different on stage.

:lol:

oh come on don't attack the guy just cuz he doesn't like somethin a band you like does. What if he started wearing a man-sized diaper on stage and playing his bass w/ a huge rattle? Would you still respond in defense of his actions cuz they were different?!!?!?!?

Sarcasm, sir.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds Follow The Signs harder than Devastate:scratch:

I really doubt Lee wouldn't be able to play Devastate or at least his own interpretation of the solo.

Omniverse

Reaction score
i have always enjoyed Born of Osiris regardless of members. New Reign, A Higher Place, and discovery are all great to me. Excited to hear new material from them and hear how their sound shapes out.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I cant link to it cuz im on my phone atm, but omg... The 420 soong boo just linked to on their fb.... Im dying:lol:

jordanscot

Outlier
Reaction score
I was at the Jamboree last weekend and saw them perform live with their fill-in.
Lee took the leads over himself. He messed up on the Follow the Signs solo once for about 3 notes but then it evened itself out.

They also only played 3 songs out of 7 or 8 off of The Discovery.. was slightly discouraged about it but it may have been because of the fill-in.