Call of Duty: Black Ops

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
If anything I've found them to be underpowered. I've had enemies sprint right past them, or set them off and take no damage.

That was my experience last night, anyway. :lol:

@vampiregenocide: Do it!! It's awesome. I traded my old console in for the new slim model with internal 250GB drive and since doing so have installed *all* of my on-disc games to the hard drive.

It's not just about the performance or saving wear and tear on discs, either. The console runs MUCH quieter when it isn't constantly reading data from a game disc. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
So, I caved. Bought this last night. (My long-distance girlfriend just went back home.. I needed something! :lol:)

In a few hours I ran up to level 20. :cool:

*edit* also @Dave: What kind of scratch? The circular one? The system usually only does that to discs if the console gets moved (so much as a hair) while a disc is in the tray.. Anyway, what I highly recommend is to install the game to the hard drive. That's what I do. Load times are faster that way, and it pretty much eliminates the opportunity for the console to damage the disc. :yesway:

This.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
That was my experience last night, anyway. :lol:

@vampiregenocide: Do it!! It's awesome. I traded my old console in for the new slim model with internal 250GB drive and since doing so have installed *all* of my on-disc games to the hard drive.

It's not just about the performance or saving wear and tear on discs, either. The console runs MUCH quieter when it isn't constantly reading data from a game disc. :yesway:

We only have the 80GB model, I wish we had more Gigs to just install all the games we have :lol:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Some matches can be pretty painful with the laggy hit boxes. I've rounded corners while being shot at and died 5ft around the corner sooo many times.

The chopper gunners/heli's do feel abit overpowered to me. You get grazed by the splash damage and your done for.

If you have lightweight on, sometimes you can run thru the claymores and live or take just alittle damage. Same with the Flakjacket.

The 10ft knife lunge still annoys the hell out of me. It's like the enemy is invincible even when I'm pumping my m60 point blank into their chest.

Going on Prestige lvl 3 soon cuz I have too much freetime. lol

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I had a snipe using the psg1 earlier.

Stuck an acog + silencer on it and went hunting. So i come across a guy at medium to long distance. I take a few seconds to aim as he's in a bush and i fire off 1 bullet which gives a hit detector and a nice kill.

Upon looking at the match again in theater (i kicked moderate ass) i watched that first kill again and noticed i completly missed my shot when i slowed it down in first person.

It instead aimed to his left foot and managed hit the angled metal building to his right 5 metres away and the bullet ricocheted into his neck.

I laughed. :lol:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I had a snipe using the psg1 earlier.

Stuck an acog + silencer on it and went hunting. So i come across a guy at medium to long distance. I take a few seconds to aim as he's in a bush and i fire off 1 bullet which gives a hit detector and a nice kill.

Upon looking at the match again in theater (i kicked moderate ass) i watched that first kill again and noticed i completly missed my shot when i slowed it down in first person.

It instead aimed to his left foot and managed hit the angled metal building to his right 5 metres away and the bullet ricocheted into his neck.

I laughed. :lol:

Upload or it never happened. You can do it from the game to youtube on callofduty.com/theater

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing through the campaign on 360 using my brother's disc on my system (not sure how close I am to the end but I am several maps in, currently on the boat in Laos I think?) and digging it a lot. :yesway: I can't wait to get back to my house with my PC so I can get back to multiplayer, although my PC is currently in pieces as my new mobo arrived and my old cooler/heatsink can't be used on my new mobo unless I go out and buy the screwdriver they used on it originally. (who the fuck uses those goddamn 6-8 point star screws anyways?!) :lol: :realmad: Epic upgrade fail, going to grab a new cooler tomorrow and finally wrap up the upgrades to the PC! :D

Upload or it never happened. You can do it from the game to youtube on callofduty.com/theater

This! That's the great thing about this game, you can actually prove randomly epic stuff happened! ;) Vids or it didn't happen! :fawk:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Just playing around making some clips :lol:

The sound when the Tomahawk hits makes me laugh everytime

a Medium distance throw

and a lucky toss towards the balcony.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just playing around making some clips :lol:

The sound when the Tomahawk hits makes me laugh everytime

a Medium distance throw

and a lucky toss towards the balcony.

Win! :yesway: :rofl: Mike are you playing on 360 or PC sir? If you're on PC, once I get back home we'll have to team up for some MP action! :hbang:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Hey Matt unfortunately I am playing on Xbox with not the fastest internet so yeah I have to spray and pray at times and hope the hit detection favors me, hah.

Half the time I totally expect the Tomahawk to miss so I whip up the gun and start shooting after I throw it.

heh and Scar ,I find if If I'm drinking while playing COD games it just gets more frustrating because then my playing and aiming really gets careless and sloppy.

The invisible patches of Napalm are getting on my nerves lately.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score

I tried this but the rendered clip doesn't show the ricochet mark in the same place which is bullshit.

I'll try taking a plain jane screenshot.

Oh and i've got a vid uploading now. Should clear up a few things regarding hitboxes.

Edit - Namely that the hitboxes are bollocks.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Finished this game a minute ago.
pretty good, not as good as MW2 though.
I'm guessing the next game will be called 'Essentia', 'Ascension', or whatever the bloody hell he says, and it will be about the JFK assasination

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I don't think they're going to linger on that, I don't think there's much weight to make a full game behind it, I hope not anyway, as fun as black Ops is, I really couldn't take another pre-modern/modern shooter. Bring on future/near future. Apparently Bungie are working on a new shooter like that. :yesway:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Activision already has a studio working on a "Future Warfare" . I believe Neversoft is doing it. :scratch::ugh: (previous games, Guitar Heroes, Tony Hawks and GUN. kinda scary huh?)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Well Bungie now have a 10 year contract with Activision, so who knows. I'd rather see them do Future Warfare than Neversoft, though I liked the old Tony Hawk games they're not shooters. Plus apparently Bungie's new game is called 'Aerospace' and some pictures leaked. It doesn't look much different to Halo ha ha.

Latest posts