Eddie Munson's Guitar Solo (Slight Stranger Things Spoilers)

• Thread starter Fenriswolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sweeping lends itself to simple triads. Most guitarists are bad and stop there. Instead of having a musical idea and using sweeps as a tool among many to bring it across they use sweeps to just spam triads and rely on perceived flashiness to carry them. But it's not the fault of the technique, it's the fault of the player.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
As someone who went through the first 3 seasons thinking, "Wow, how did they level up from doing such a great job with the last season?", season 4 is utter shite. The guitar stuff was so stupid I wanted to just stop everything right there, but there was only like 30 mins left to the season anyway I just let it roll. I can't think of a more in-theme analog of jumping the shark. It's such a totally different vibe from taking something distinctively from the 80s zeitgeist and giving it a nice shoutout to those that remember it, and apparently just running through a 1985 JC Penny's Catalog and being like, "Hey! Lite Brite - remember that? What if we made that a communication device between worlds because WTF". Was half expecting them to defeat the bad guy by powering up a Care Bear Stare or pulling the Sword of Omens out of a lake.

manu80

Reaction score
I'm tired of those show where writers thow everything they want into dialogs and it ends with half an hour lost in each episode....(ike in peacemaker for example).....It's too much and not needed/ noteven fun as it's supposed to be....
Like the monologue when they go meet Creel, or the lines after the bats battle....get to the point FFS....!!!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I love Marty, love Stranger Things, and enjoy sweep picking occasionally. Can I stay? :flame:

I mean I'm ready to base my whole personality off of Eddie (not that it was that far off to begin with), don't trust people who don't love Marty and have established my knowledge of sweep picking...your cool in my book dude. :evil:

TheBolivianSniper

Reaction score
I thought season 4 was pretty legit aside from the opening, just wish we got more warlock and more Eddie bc he was fun. Def was hoping they played up the metal thing more this season but the nods to it in previous seasons were also good like shout at the devil in season 1 (which got me into early motley crue) and the four horsemen/kill em all flag in Billy's room

Also why does no one mention Alexi when they talk about sweeps? He does it so tastefully and combines it with tapping really well.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Also why does no one mention Alexi when they talk about sweeps? He does it so tastefully and combines it with tapping really well.

Sore subject when it comes to Stranger Things.

f74a95ab5bbad3feef24963886adaf66.jpg

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Everybody else is trying to gaslight themselves into thinking Eddie is still alive...I'm waiting for dead Eddie to show up.

bd2419890bb2e19ea6af0e99188dbc6a--eddie-the-head-iron-maiden-eddie.jpg

We are not the same.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
The timeline doesn't work, though, as
Maiden was using Eddie before Eddie died.

Ya, but, (I'm a D&D noob) seems like the Demogorgon and Vecna where already things too. Going with the whole
Kas the Bloody-handed theory/Demobats don't kill theory
it falls in line with using current (at the time) pop culture stuff.

Dooky

Reaction score
I mean I'm ready to base my whole personality off of Eddie (not that it was that far off to begin with), don't trust people who don't love Marty and have established my knowledge of sweep picking...your cool in my book dude. :evil:
Yeah, I'm so like popular TV characters too😎 ...🙄
People are always telling me that I'm like Brad Pitt when he was in his 20's only more attractive too.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Sweeping is rad. Marty's chopped-and-screwed approach to arpeggios is even more rad. Eddie's MOP bit was rad. Normies getting into metal is rad (they're more likely to actually mosh at a show compared to metal dudes tbh)

Haters gonna hate. Not everybody can live in the shred zone

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I think the actual playing for filming was Tye Trujillo.

Yes I'm aware, and I posted it earlier in this thread.

I'm talking about Joseph Quinn's miming of the part. Most actors could just easily just alternate pick the song since it's extremely difficult to play with downpicking. But he downpicked a good chunk of it in that scene.