Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• Thread starter Vicissitude27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decypher

Reaction score
Imperial - and I got married to Filnjar, although I'm thinking about divorce lately, he has a very creepy way with his "good to see you, dear" and "do you need anything, my love?". He looked so butch when we met first.

Leveling is painfully slow by now and that after I had a lot of plans for the next 10 perks or so :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Fuck the xenophobic racists... er... Stormcloaks.

...Ahhh....to be fair most races are pretty fucking racist in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Altmer make Nords look like a hippie love in. And the Imperials have brutalised and oppressed most of the other races since they came to power. Better under some than others.

If you played Morrowind you shouldn't have to ask about the Dunmer.

And well...if how well versed in the Elder Scrolls lore you seem to be I can't actually understand you using racism as a con against one race over another.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
...Ahhh....to be fair most races are pretty fucking racist in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Altmer make Nords look like a hippie love in. And the Imperials have brutalised and oppressed most of the other races since they came to power. Better under some than others.

If you played Morrowind you shouldn't have to ask about the Dunmer.

And well...if how well versed in the Elder Scrolls lore you seem to be I can't actually understand you using racism as a con against one race over another.

I look at it more like the Imperials were racist during their ages of expansion, but now they've accepted everybody into the fold. If there's any racism still there, it's due to the individual races' actions, not any Imperial policies. It's like the US or the UK. There used to be widespread racism and oppression, particularly during periods of imperialistic expansionism, but they're now a thing of the past, apart from the actions of a small minority of misguided individuals.

The Stormcloaks and the rebellion, on the other hand, want a Skyrim "for the Nords" right now, and don't want the beast races in their cities. I don't know about you, but I don't remember anyone in the Imperial City telling me they want to keep the Khajiit outside the city gates. Don't get me wrong, I can sympathize with some of their problems (the banning of Talos worship and the White Gold Concordat, for example), but I can't get past the xenophobia and what would essentially become government sanctioned racism.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be hilarious if I chose to join the Stormcloaks with my High Elf? I think it would be. :lol:

Anyways, with my Nord, I went with the Imperials.

Also, I made Arch-Mage, with my Nord. I'm at level 38 (yeah, yeah, I've leveled slower than most of you, but that's because I got the game after I got a job and was working and having a life. :fawk: ).

I also got Mehrunes Razor.

I think it might be high time to get back to the main story line, now that I've pretty much exhausted the factions.

Or play my High Elf some more.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I've only been owned by one giant, every other giant has cowered at my Ebony Great sword of Soul Trap (I enchanted and smithed it myself).

Finished thee main quest line, today. Now I'm going to focus on some of the other quests that I have started been never finished.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
just did the 'Night to remember quest'
What the fuck???

Probably my favorite Deadric quest and overall one of the coolest quests i've played in the game so far. (haven't done all daeric quests yet) :lol:

I've been doing the Thieves Guild part now, went through their story missions yesterday, and now im doing the extra jobs from Delvin, in order to become their leader. It's a pain in the ass, but im halfway done already.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Does anyone else just hate the night mother some days because the "Dark Brotherhood Forever" quest stays always activated because you never run out of people to assassinate?

You know you can deactivate quests in your journal, right? I deactivated that quest, because I was getting tired of it.

MrMcSick

Derp
Reaction score
Yes but it is still there in the quest's to do list. I want everything to be clear from the to do list.
Anyone else max out yet. I found it odd that I maxed out like a quarter way into level 81. Figured it would max out on an even number and not with some progress in the bar still.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Stormcloak, the whole Thalmor thing tipped me over to Ulfric's side, I hate when snotty altmer look down on me.... I also have a hard time respecting the empire after they outlawed the worship of Talos. I'd probably side with them for real as well...

Plus, they have more sympathetic characters, both Ralof and Ulfric seems like people I could hang out with in real life.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering joining the Stormcloaks with my High Elf, just for hilarity's sake.

Or, make a new Nord and have him join them to be a racist bastard.

Also, as an Imperial Legate (with my Nord), I still kill Thalmor agents if I feel like it and see them walking around where I'm not going to be massively outnumbered. Not that it matters, I had to take on several Draugrs and a dragon at the same time during the main quest and didn't die, I think I can take on a few Thalmor and maybe a couple of guards.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I just sound Yngvild by chance, exploring in the grimfrozen far north and holy shit
Arondil is FUCKED UP
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Started yet ANOTHER character, today. Another Nord, who is strictly a warrior.

I'm going to have him join the Dark Brotherhood, as well as the Stormcloaks. The DB quest with the Emperor will be a win-win for both factions.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Glad you bumped this, duder. It's been a couple weeks since I played last, so I'mma hop back in with the last character I made (another Khajiit who focuses on hand-to-hand, but this time no cheating, haha).