ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
It was a lp ctm with the actual gibson ripoff diamond headstock inlay so im guessing 90s??? Anyway i didnt see any dings or breaks and it was the equivalent of $1400 on ishibashi. Somebody scooped it while I was emailing my shipping address to the international sales dude.

Ah bummer!

Those older ESP's are somewhat mysterious - even to ESP staff themselves! I think the one with a diamond inlay might go back to 80's or even earlier, from what little I've heard. The specs wary until late 90's/early 00's and they might not be quite as 'vintage inspired' as these new ones.

For example there is a 3-pickup N-LP-CTM at Kurosawa Ochanomizu (found on Digimart) for about $1270, which looks mighty nice. Pics suggest it hasn't got a long neck tenon, but the fretboard is ebony and it's bound over frets Gibson-style. Looks cool, but who knows what it really is :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blanco

Reaction score
I've got one of those mysterious ones. Neck pocket is hand written, ESP logos all over the hardware but ESP could only confirm its an M1 and that it also came in blue, pink and white. Apparently they lost a lot of information in a fire so serials and staff names aren't that easy to trace a long way back. That and it took me nearly 9 months of really slow emails to get that amount out of them.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
^ That is a fascinating ESP! Did they give a year on it?

blanco

Reaction score
^ That is a fascinating ESP! Did they give a year on it?

They said late 80's. I reckon an 89 from the neck pocket number. From some of the older lutheirs i've spoken too this is from when ESP were still making for Kramer. Strangely enough it does have a top underneath that paint as well! When you take the bridge out you can see it clearly change to a different wood.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
My N-LP-480LTD arrived, I'm speechless

28693093733_c1a84e41e2_c.jpg

mickrich

Reaction score
Suppose I will put my Eclipse in this thread too since it is pretty much a one off.
Still not 100% if it's a custom shop.

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
My recently acquired N-HH-460. Apologies for the fingerprints... I've been playing the .... out of it.

0y9lxhRL.jpg

AfhVRssq.jpg

71GRN8n9.jpg

R7EujSot.jpg

While not in the best condition, the craftsmanship is utterly flawless. Best feeling neck I've ever had.
8a85f221-ca78-4b97-944c-9bc44c1b89fe

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
My recently acquired N-HH-460. Apologies for the fingerprints... I've been playing the .... out of it.

While not in the best condition, the craftsmanship is utterly flawless. Best feeling neck I've ever had.
8a85f221-ca78-4b97-944c-9bc44c1b89fe

Happy NGD! What a wacky shape! Is the body comfortable? It's so visual kei!

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score

Are you Bobby Lynge from Fit for a King? No sarcasm intended lol.

If not, I'm only asking because I assumed that this thread was for custom shop guitars that forum members actually owned/have owned and not just custom shop guitars in general. Not intending to be "that guy", just curious; I don't know Feral's intentions when he made this thread.

But, anyway, the dagger stock is an interesting choice. I like it. I'd really like to see the back of it. Also, first ESP I've seen come through with bare knuckles (not including modified guitars).

Zado

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I though it was a "post your GAS-inducing ESP CS models", my bad :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Are you Bobby Lynge from Fit for a King? No sarcasm intended lol.

If not, I'm only asking because I assumed that this thread was for custom shop guitars that forum members actually owned/have owned and not just custom shop guitars in general. Not intending to be "that guy", just curious; I don't know Feral's intentions when he made this thread.

Eh, I'm happier having seen it.

And it is a community resource -- threads aren't owned by OPs.