Gojira

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I love lip harp and the intro of the track is kickin but then once that's over it lost me pretty quick

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing *save the rainforest riffs* boing boing boing boing boing

I like it

not as much as Born for One Thing or Another World, but this is easily the best rock song of the last 10 years

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I love Gojira, but don't like this tune. It must be the jew harp going boing boing :shrug:

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
The opening riff itself made me think of a mirrored “Roots” ala Chaos AD.
I was thinking more like Ratamahatta or Attitude from Roots. Has the indigenous instrument bit at the beginning then turns into chugga chugg. They never hide their Sepultura or Morbid Angel influences, and personally I love that.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Listen to it some more times...

I really like the sound / feel. But it's is just missing some great hooks or something.
It sounds to me like a really good idea that was never really finished or something

mongey

Reaction score
I’m a fan of the band. The last album def was my least favorite.

The new tracks released so far all sound really recycled. They all sound like other songs of theirs pieced together.

What is this album 6 or 7 ? I get that it’s hard to keep it fresh. But so far this
Album is a pass.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Cool tune, i just find it kinda ironic singing about Amazonia/Amazon forrest but showing brand new shining instrument made from the finest woods :)

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I love lip harp and the intro of the track is kickin but then once that's over it lost me pretty quick

Same here, I like the boing boing part as well, and it's grooving along pretty nicely with the little double kick bursts and all that, but the chorus and C-part or whatever you wanna call it didn't really do anything for me. It's not bad at any point, but it just felt like it was building up to something awesome and didn't really deliver. Maybe it's building up to the next song though?

Karg

Reaction score
Cool tune, i just find it kinda ironic singing about Amazonia/Amazon forrest but showing brand new shining instrument made from the finest woods :)
Kind of like some metal bands ripping on technology (Nevermore, etc.) despite all that goes into the production of metal albums. No big deal, just funny.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
‘Meh’

Last couple songs honestly pretty disappointing

and the Youtube mix sounds terrible to me. Can barely hear the vocals. Nowhere near as ‘clean’ as Gojira usually is

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I love Gojira for the FICTIONAL themes, like Flying Whales and Climate Change.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
I love Gojira, but Magma fell flat real quick for me sadly. Another world is my favorite single so far. Hopefully the record exceeds the last, but if it doesn't, I'll just go back to the older albums.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I haven't done the research on their instruments. But sustainable forestry is totally doable.

And at least they're using their platform to promote environmental awareness. Not a bad use of resources.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Most wood is a natural easily sustainable environmentally friendly resource. Why is that a bad thing? The power needed and pollution produced by everyone listening to the new song would be infinitely worse compared to a few new instruments if we are going to go down that road.

‘Meh’

Last couple songs honestly pretty disappointing

and the Youtube mix sounds terrible to me. Can barely hear the vocals. Nowhere near as ‘clean’ as Gojira usually is

I noticed this on a Within Temptation official video. The mix was awful but a fan uploaded the song a few months later and it sounded way better. They must be exporting the audio in a lower quality for YouTube without realising.

Last edited:

Latest posts